Performance & Connectivity Feedback

168 replies to this topic

#61 Shadovar-Assassin

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, U.K

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

Game was running fine before patch now it's loading then screen goes blank for about a minute or so. Players say am in game but not moving. Screen comes on and everyone else has started the game a minute or so before me then i get the normal mech startup system check. It's now like am in game lagging a minute behind everyone else. Tried a few times and still get the same prob. Uninstalled the game but will reinstall when I have time. Will let you know how it goes..........!!!!!!!!!!

No joy. Still the same!!!!!!!!

#62 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

I forgot to mention... my FPS has dropped about 10 fps in the mechlab although it's slightly lower overall in game.
Averaging about 48 fps in mechlab - now around 40
In game, averaging about 30-40 fps or so - now around 25-35.

#63 Orban

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

i've been dropped from a game 3 out of 4 games tonight. i have my 3 mechs currently "still in game" ping is 40-50ms higher than average at 100ms

#64 Inkarnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

fps is the same around 50 max 70 for
but my ping as EU player increased from initially 120-130 to 144 and with the last patch to a whopping 180-200
the chat even feels alot more slower then only 200 ms delay too

#65 PanzerMagier

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 1,369 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSome nameless backwater planet

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

My ping before patch: 275~280
After patch: 310-400

Before patch I could shoot things and HSR would save me like JC.
Now I have to lag aim again.

They patch stated that match bandwidth was lowered. Shouldn't my ping be less? Not more?
Not sure if it's the HSR acting up or just the server getting crappier.

#66 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

For the first time while playing the game, massive lag has suddenly cropped up for me. I checked drivers, reset my router and modem, checked my AV, did a complete reinstall, watched my system heat, and even dusted out my case for good measure. Nothing helped. When I'm in TeamSpeak I notice that the moment I enter a match, my voice chat also starts lagging heavily. I tested with a number of other games and have no such issues. I even tried dropping with no voice chat and that didn't help either.

My ping shows as very good (around 40), but everything is very choppy and rubberbanding is rampant, making it difficult to hit anything. This only started with this patch. I was playing problem-free before (minus the rare freeze/disconnect).

#67 976 PAIN

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationSplarnax VII, Outer Cluster

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

i7 2700
W7 64 bit
16G DDR3
Nvidia gtx570 - newest drivers. Rolled them back last patch and frame rate went from 4 fps to 60.

between last night and tonight, crash to client 100%. about 10 games

Comcast CA connection reads good.

#68 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

Increased ping from 120-130 to 160-180. I'm seeing rubber banding again, while I had none before the patch.

LRM hitting my mech cause severe FPS drop - from 30-40 fps during normal fighting to <10 FPS.

Edited by Kmieciu, 22 May 2013 - 10:31 PM.

#69 Shadovar-Assassin

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, U.K

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostEagledel, on 22 May 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

Game was running fine before patch now it's loading then screen goes blank for about a minute or so. Players say am in game but not moving. Screen comes on and everyone else has started the game a minute or so before me then i get the normal mech startup system check. It's now like am in game lagging a minute behind everyone else. Tried a few times and still get the same prob. Uninstalled the game but will reinstall when I have time. Will let you know how it goes..........!!!!!!!!!!

No joy. Still the same!!!!!!!!

Ok i think it has something to do with Pc tools internet security and anti virus software as when it's turned off the game runs normal. So why is this when i have had no probs in the past before patch?????????

#70 Vamboozle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:24 AM

Just read this in the patch notes and had to laugh:

- Players should be much less likely to get disconnected from a game due to poor network conditions

Not sure I have "poor network conditions" but for me it should read "will always be disconnected"

However (joking aside) I'll try turning my antivirus off and see if that helps (though never been a problem previously)

Edited by Vamboozle, 23 May 2013 - 12:26 AM.

#71 Dalziel Hasek Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 215 posts
  • LocationOxfordshire, UK

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

I turned off my PC security tools (I use Avast!) and, for one match, I still had the bad lag (PING 1000+), but it was (just) playable. It got my hopes up that I would be able to join in again. I even hit someone with a laser.

So I started another match - this time the ping looked better (400). Unfortunately I was back to the rubber-banding and massive lag on input/response. Apologies to the team of PUGs I dropped with. I could do nothing but watch as they were steamrollered - and then had to watch my 'Mech mucking about near the spawn area.

Anti-virus/security tools may be having an impact. I will do some more testing later today, but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

#72 PPO Kuro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 300 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:37 AM

Before the patch my ping was 110-120, now it's 160-200. And when typing in teamchat or global chat in game it takes about 2 seconds for the message to show up on screen. When checking the pings of all the player I noticed that all EU players have higher pings now.

#73 L A V A

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 308 posts
  • LocationOn the beach!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

If you are going to try turning off your anti-virus, do so before starting the game.

I made an exception for MWO in my anti-virus and I made sure that the game was allowed in my firewall. Didn't work.

Only thing that worked for me was to turn my anti-virus completely off, then start the game. The game then played fine.

#74 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

Day 2 after the patch.
I still have 700 ping.

#75 Arianka

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

Dropping back to main client at random times throughout game. Cannot play as constantly have all mechs "in game".
PING and all other performance indicators have remained stable since last patch.

So, just dropping (lots and lots).

#76 BlkHrt13

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

Not having the lag or ping issues others are mentioning here. My comp has [color=#444444]AMD A10 5800K quad-core cpu. Runs at 3.8 GHz. What I am having issues with is processor strain. My cpu runs at 95 to 100% useage when I play. Before it held steady around 45-50%[/color]

#77 Wagamama

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts
  • LocationHaida Gwaii

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

my ping has shot up through the roof. Since patch I have been getting pings of 700-900. Frame rate is 24 but not sure what it was before as I never had a issue

#78 TwigTech

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

So apparently turning off Windows Firewall knocked my ping back to where it's supposed to be and dramatically reduced the severity of my lag spikes. The spikes still happen, but it's nowhere near as bad. Apparently setting the firewall to bypass mwo doesn't have the same effect, it has to be shut off entirely.

#79 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

Connecting from Oceania. My ping used to be around 220 to 240ms. Now its at least 100ms over and reaching over 500ms at times. When I connect to my other games, its still the same, around 150ms to 200ms.

#80 Peanut Power

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

Any updates? Is this issue being addressed yet? Would like to play some over the weekend at least if possible. Right now I've only be able to play 1 out of 6 games to completion. Seriously not cool since sometimes I have to wait for a mech to come out of a match since they are all used up.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users