- - - - -

Missile Update - Feedback

507 replies to this topic

#101 Lord Psycho

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

with poptarts still around and the introducition of a potentialmediummehc poptarting? yeah Lrms ae going to be so OP now...*eye roll*

now LRMing poptarters will be a bit more to watchout for...yeah I have ot stop doing that in a 4X raven.....

#102 Dude42

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

I hope they take their time adjusting anything. Harvesting poptart and ridge humper tears is so sweet after being hosed over for so long because I didn't want to boat PPCs and wanted to actually USE LRMs(god forbid they be worth the tonnage you use to carry them, right). Personally, I don't mind the firing arc, if u can break LOS u can just walk a little and the missiles will miss. You guys telling me you're mad because you have to move....come on.

#103 Lord Psycho

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

View PostDude42, on 21 May 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

I hope they take their time adjusting anything. Harvesting poptart and ridge humper tears is so sweet after being hosed over for so long because I didn't want to boat PPCs and wanted to actually USE LRMs(god forbid they be worth the tonnage you use to carry them, right). Personally, I don't mind the firing arc, if u can break LOS u can just walk a little and the missiles will miss. You guys telling me you're mad because you have to move....come on.

actually it makes me quite happy to see these LRMs ,too because I don't have to deal with an entire enemy side of poptart fools and PPC boats of doom if these reports are correct.

LRMs are viably scary agains! I can't wait to see the Clan LRMs which need direct LOS without ballistic arcs now!

it'll be like the scariness of the Mechwarrior 3 intro. Some Summoner pilot is going to cry now :P

People actually have to keep moving and never get spotted now!!!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA...and I love this patch on my birthday!

#104 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

The LRMs should be patched by the end of the week instead waiting two weeks as that might create more dmg to the game. I think Paul knows this too

The Problem with LRMs is the Flight Path and minimal Cover. A Highlander hiding behind a decent hill i getting cored out and headshotted even tho he hid. The Other Problem is with UAV now and Art Missles the Missles got a DMG and Targeting buff with makes them more powerful then they really should. Now Reducing the DMG to .8 and Previous Flight path would fix that since target locks linger far longer than before it seems

Edited by AceTimberwolf, 21 May 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#105 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

In regards to the in game assets you know what needs to be tweaked...

In regards to the massive changes and seemingly limited/no QA testing.

STOP.

I don't know if there's a timeline on someone's wall with huge red X's through it and panic about missing 'critical' deadlines but these changes are haphazard and too aggressive, to the point either QA is not getting sufficient time to test, or someone is making last minute changes and shoving them in.

At my work we call these 'command decisions' and salute them appropriately (one finger...12 o'clock).

It's killing you, the cash shop is open, the BETA moniker is showing it's age, you were voted one of the top 25 FPS in the most recent article of PC Gamer.

It's time to start acting like it.

#106 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

I have really tried to be understanding and supportive, but this is getting ridiculous. Seriously, does anyone test anything before it goes out? Unbelievable guys, un-fing-believable... How do you expect to launch the game in what? 8 more patches?

What a joke... Get it together

Edited by DeathofSelf, 21 May 2013 - 08:55 PM.

#107 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

I'm shocked.

#108 Sand Lantern

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostSephlock, on 21 May 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

They gave it the same amount of testing as the fabled 2.0 DHS that were apparently far too powerful for our grubby hands to manage.

Wait, people are still going on about this?

#109 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

Actually something just hit me. Paul said they missed the Patching by a day....so why not just delay the patch till wednesday and everything would have been fine

#110 Theer

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

I vote for the return of the old LRM trajectory and 0.9 damage per LRM missile. The new indirect trajectory is a ...

#111 pencilboom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 268 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

I don't think LRM ever needed the flight path change. Speed is good now, damage is good now, splash damage is wonky, but the arc is now ridiculous. LRM is dangerous now, as it is. And we have to take cover to avoid, but the problem is with the current arc, majority of the covers in game are kinda useless unless it's a really tall building or mountain..

#112 James DeGriz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 374 posts
  • LocationRainham, Kent UK

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

Thanks for the explanation Paul, but one thing puzzles me:

If you knew the splash damage change that was going to give us the problems we have now wasn't going to go in, why did you implement the others as well? Wouldn't it have been better to hold everything back until you could put a properly balanced solution in?

#113 dyndragon

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

Damage is perfect. Speed is threatening. Trajectory is...just a little overpowered, but not much, and it varies due to the cover that is available.

What's taking a lot of adjusting to is the fact that if you get TAGged, even if you find cover and hide, the lock time bonus with TAG is such that with the high angle of attack, you're screwed. Couple that with the added speed and focused CT damage, you're really screwed.

My opinion is that LRMs are back to their former glory, and very good at keeping poptarts' and snipers' heads down, but the lock timeout bonus with TAG and NARC need to be shortened (and other outstanding splash damage bugs).

Overall, like the changes. LRMs are no longer wasted tonnage anymore. This is forcing me to also bring LRMs too, because if your team has NO LRMs at all, you will be pounded in to the ground. That's not OP--that's poor foresight on your part.

Forcing balanced builds is a good thing, and if you risk boating all LRMs or all brawling weapons, you run a risk, but the reward is if anyone is in your optimal fighting range, they melt.

#114 Unbound Inferno

• 1,168 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

I drive Cats. Never could get the hang of much else, so LRMs are my bread and butter.

I love the combination of fixes in this last patch making them more effective, but even I gotta agree the assist firing arc of the LRM is way outta line - not to mention the splash needs a serious overhaul.

I am coring an opponents like mad with it, and the splash should be wider around. Its part of the payoff and price with LRMs to have it deal mostly overall damage to the mech at the cost of NOT specifically coring it out from range to keep yourself more or less safe. It should be scarier to think that that LRM will tear off your weapon arm or finish off that torso or leg that's damaged while you run than that the LRM will core you if it hits.

I've got no major arguments with the overhaul so far - cept maybe argue a full 1 damage per missile for the wider spread still, but that firing arc really needs to be fixed sooner if its possible.Its not fair having such a never-safe arc where you can't find cover from it.

#115 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostKhanublikhan, on 21 May 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

Thank you for posting so quickly with an explanation.

and an entertaining one at that

#116 Miken

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 225 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

LRMs are OK now! If the whole team using it, it does not make LRMs OP
P.S. Haters gonna hate

Edited by Miken, 21 May 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#117 Chameleon Silk

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 98 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

I have no LRM builds so this patch really made life a nightmare for me, but seriously why change 4 things at once and (knowing that the splash is broken) couldn't you have at least nerfed damage or kept it the same until you fixed the splash issue, its a shame since everything else seems pretty good but basically you have given direct fire weapons the middle finger, no brawler can get close enough now.. not even with large lasers, you still have the ER large laser being useless so you can't just out range the LRMs, i tried and got 290 damage and was last one left, while firing consitently with the lasers, so no that doesn't work either, heck even cover is now useless if your tagged.

people are QQing for a reason because you made every other build besides LRM pratically useless till the next patch.

#118 Jeremy Wade

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

LRMs are fine now.

People have just got used to walking around in the open without even carrying AMS for the last two months or being able just jump up and down on the spot because people stopped equipping LRMs.

Now LRMs are back and people are still doing the above only they seem unable to comprehend why doing the above is getting them killed.

The additional factor contributing to more LRM deaths is that lights are far more likely to not engage in mass brawls with the new legging speed rules, so they are now starting to do what they should have been doing from the start which (which some of us light pilots were doing all along) and are now spotting and tagging and keeping priority enemy targets locked because ever since a couple of patches ago you can see when a unit has missiles incoming onto them, only back then it wasnt much use to anyone because everyone had largely stopped carrying LRMs.

The tears of people who forgot they weren't able to run around open spaces or needed to pack AMS two months ago are delicious.

#119 badkilik

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 53 posts
  • LocationFrozen City

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

Dev's missed the deadline by a day so they couldnt fix spread. So they should have 1 day to hotfix the issue or shove an LRM up their ***.

#120 Kilo 40

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

the amount of entitlement oozing out of this thread is simply amazing.

But the numbers of people who don't seem to understand that this game is beta, and WE are the testers, is even more amazing.

and on a side note, the people who say "nameofweapon warrior online", you guys are just...pathetic.

Edited by Kilo 40, 21 May 2013 - 10:18 PM.

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users