- - - - -

Missile Update - Feedback

507 replies to this topic

#181 Conall OCarroll

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:32 AM

Once again its lrm online and they really need to work on getting lrms done right. They are a part of the game but should not be overpowering as they are now

#182 Aim-Bot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 396 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:39 AM

Jesus! PGI are you doing any tests to the stuff your implementing?

Are you kidding me?

The flightpass is so high that you cant even hide plus the new sensors and sensor tweaks make the LRM OP again........
No way to hide from LRMs anymore.

STOP THAT **** OR I GARANTEE THAT THERE WONT BE ANY RELEASE IN LATESUMMER

#183 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

Stop shouting and learn to play.

#184 Aim-Bot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 396 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

Jesus! PGI are you doing any tests to the stuff your implementing?

Are you kidding me?

The flightpass is so high that you cant even hide plus the new sensors and sensor tweaks make the LRM OP again........
No way to hide from LRMs anymore.

STOP THAT **** OR I GARANTEE THAT THERE WONT BE ANY RELEASE IN LATESUMMER

View Postarghmace, on 22 May 2013 - 03:40 AM, said:

Stop shouting and learn to play.

has nothing to do with shouting. i have spend 300 euro and more for MWO but the line of mistakes and crap PGI is doing getting rediculous.
I am a big Battletech and Mechwarrior fan but PGI will manage to make me hate MECHWARRIOR.

#185 marlyy

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 44 posts
  • LocationGermany ; Hamburg

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

now missles hit us easy behind cover. can we get helmets ? or please change everymap to give a bit more cover.... haha

seriously, why the **** u changed the angle, before this patch it was just the DAMAGE that didnt fit, now u gave us dmg + traversespeed buff and this overpowered missle angle. before patch we had trouble hitting something near cover, or if we hit the damage was too smal, BUT BOTH ?

time to make a second brake from this game , for me at least.

#186 Faithsfall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 363 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:53 AM

This is one of the funiest things i have seen in a while, how many times since closed beta have we now seen missiles go nut's?

I know this is a crazy way out there idea, but i don't know how about increasing missie speed first then a week later try adding some extra dmg, then if missiles still not where you want them try adding a different arc the week after.

Or we can stick to the current implementation of change everything at once and see it bite you in the arse.

#187 jozkhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 384 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

Sooo.... I just start playing again a few days ago after getting over being ******** about the whole general discussion thing, but the HUD Bugfix brought me back.

I had 12000 MC purchase lined up, I said to myself 'wait for the patch tho' before making that purchase (mainly to see the blackjacks etc and finalize my spend)...

Not bothering with that purchase now, have spent it on a rare book instead.

As an ex game dev, including QA manager, the thought process you have given for releasing this into the patch when you were 1 day out and not delaying the patch (by a day) is simply inexplicably bad practice. Plus as others have pointed out playing a handful of test games would have flagged this up before releasing it into the patch.

Project Management is failing time and time again with regard to delivery milestones. Everything is pushed back all the time and then often fumbled. From a QA perspective your development style is a replicatable error in and of itself!

Edited by jozkhan, 22 May 2013 - 04:06 AM.

#188 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:08 AM

Man it was great to see Missiles soaring through the sky again. I even need to put AMS back on my Mech. Great job DEVs We now have a new(old) Sheriff in town. I honestly forgot how good it was to have LRMs be useful.

It didn't even take a day to change the Meta from Pop Tarts to Deadly Rain. Now to find the right payload to kick the most ash.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 22 May 2013 - 04:14 AM.

#189 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:11 AM

couldn't play yesterday, but it sounds like peeps had lots of fun :D

#190 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationMajestic Waterfowl Sanctuary

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:11 AM

I only had time to play my catapult a few times last night, but I loved the improvements to the LRM flights. People still seemed to find cover, but it had to actually be cover, not just a bump in the terrain.

Didn't see any games overwhelmingly swung by LRM fire, but we'll see this weekend how it goes. It's nice that LRMs are being viewed as it should be, indirect and direct guided, smart munitions.

Glad we are getting the chance to test it out, and don't let the hate spew get you down devs. Your game still rocks!

#191 Rippthrough

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:26 AM

Wait, a PGI patch that completely OP's LRMs?

No, you don't say, colour me surprised. That's never happened before. Every other patch.

#192 Xelchon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationJust Outside Sensor Range

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:42 AM

The LRM's must be a formidable force enough to make people stay in cover. This patch achieved that. The damage is balanced, I tested it out. In my first 10 games the greatest dmg I achieved was 700+, and thats a good thing, not OP because in that game 3 ppl were simply standing out in the open like big fat NARC beacons for me to shoot. The LRMs should punish those guys and this patch returned the former glory to them. Only the spread, as explained why, seems a bit more CT oriented, but in my opinion I should be able to do the same damage after the problem is fixed.
Those who say the game has become LRM online again, I have nothing to say but this: After a few months of PPC slugging, ppl actually could fire LRMs. It's only natural they simply missed the joy of firing LRMs, dammit. I would be more shocked if ppl didn't all put their LRMs back on and hit the "LAUNCH" button as fast as their mouse allowed.
What you saw happen yesterday wasn't anything other than that. Is all.
BTW, thanks PGI, for the speed boost, because they now actually look like predatory real-world missiles with a hard-lock on their prey. Before that, they were like a group of fireworks parading the skies.

#193 MechWarrior131925

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 31 posts
  • LocationTreasure Coast, FL

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:01 AM

I guess my complaint would be, why so many changes at once in one weapon system?

It's good that you almost immediately noticed a problem and are going to address it but we should be taking baby steps with the weapon improvements instead of 4 changes that screw things up for who knows how long. (flight path, damage increase, splash damage, speed...)

For instance, everything stays the same but we add damage increase...or everything stays the same but we change flight path stuff.

Just saying...

#194 Wispsy

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:03 AM

You guys like instant death magic missiles too much. I am not even having a personal dying issue with this right now as I expected something similar so am running the one mech practically immune to it (ERPPC Spider) but if I change my medlas for a TAG I win games very quickly and easily without needing to use my PPC at all. You keep implementing bugs which you have absolutely no reason not to know about that makes guided weapons way more powerful then anything that can be aimed. Please stop, it really sucks. There is always a chance to win if everybody has to aim, no other weapon ever gets as overpowered as LRMs and SSRMs, but it is simply a numbers game when everybody has only to hold down mouse button 1 and keep the tiny circle in the massive square for victory. It is literally not fun, it is like playing a PvE game on easy.

#195 Nightcrept

• 1,050 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:07 AM

Lrm's other then their flight path are still garbage. It mainly has to do with their damage to ton ratio and hit percentages.

Leave the speed it's good or even raise it a bit.
Raise the damage to 1 per.
Reduce the flight path a little bit.

I have had a issue with the flight path. On tourmaline I had two enemy mechs 500 meters directly in front of me running away. They were probably a hundred meters from the nearest cover and I fired twice at the back of the nearest but no missiles seemed to be firing. My team mate then said that my missiles were firing almost straight up and hitting the overhang above my head. Way way way straight above my head. THe flight path looked like a pop up out to first base it was so steep.

That side I still ignore all lrm fire from anything but a stalker or atlas boat. Fix boating and then adjust lrms. It's the boating that is the problem with lrms and ppc's etc etc.

A single lrm launcher is still way below the combat effectiveness of other options.

Lrm's become a problem when they are boated or entire teams use them. The same thing is true of the ppc sniping we had.

PGI please be careful as this swing in game meta is not necessarily indicative of the weapons being out of balance but maybe a indication of the sheer boredom of players to the previous meta of slow sniping. Players got very bored of it and are playing with the new toy. Give it a few weeks for players to settle down before deciding what the actual impact of this patch has been.

Although the flight path will need to be adjusted.

#196 Hayashi

Snowflake

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:10 AM

The annoying part about history is that it keeps repeating itself ain't it?

Also, from a few games it appears false that the crazy trajectory only happens when spotted. It happened to me when an Atlas LRM boat was the *only* mech left on the field, so...

Honestly, don't go nerfing the LRM damage again after this. Just keep splash far, far away from missiles and we'll all be fine.

P.S. It's not just LRMs. Due to the splash thing, Streakcheesers are even more cheesy now than before as well.

Edited by Hayashi, 22 May 2013 - 05:34 AM.

#197 MeatForBrains

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:12 AM

The DIVE is awesome BTW, the only real problem is:

1. Splash damage not being addressed (CT hit, and head hit problem)
2. No HSR
3. No damage buff for SRM

Other than that, LRMS are perfectly dodgeable if you know how, and not too strong.

People are mad because they bring their one trick pony to the ride, and get upset because it can't do anything else.

#198 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

I hope PGI consider make LRM max range 650m again at least until they are fully sure missiles are working as they wish.

Also it forces the player to choose if play with a smaller movil LRm support mech (Treb,Cat) or to play witha heavier slower one (Awesome,Stalker, Atlas) this would offer some choices on the same way a pilot can choose a PPC spider vs a 6 PPC stalker

#199 An Ax Murderer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts
  • LocationUSA, North Carolina

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

With regards to SRM's...

I saw on the patch notes that the flight patterns were changed for the SRM's, specifically ones equipped with Artemis. It said that the grouping would be 67% tighter for Artemis, and 75% for Tag and NARC.

My question: Do Tag and NARC affect the grouping of SRM's like they do with LRM's?

Edit: Duplicated the post in the text

Edited by An Ax Murderer, 22 May 2013 - 05:29 AM.

#200 Ursus_Spiritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 292 posts
  • LocationDecrypting your Authentication codes.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

The whine runs thick these days.

Too bad it isn't a semi sweet white...

I have used LRMs and been hit by LRMs. I love how they are working now, especially if you have a light friendly running tag.

Seems like it really hurts the Pop-tarts where they thought they were safe.

Mechwarrior/Battletech is NOT about jump sniping.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users