Missile Update - Feedback

507 replies to this topic

#21 RiceyFighter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 608 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

The arc of the LRMs are so high that it elimites literally 90% of all cover including buildings of river city, the boat on forest colony, the buildings on frozen colony, and the rocks on the new map. Alpine has no cover which is even worse.

I could stand PPC boating, but this, I can't even get close enough to fight back because all lrms will hit CT.

Edited by RiceyFighter, 21 May 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#22 WKMitchell

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

Honestly it is nice to see as those are my two main issues with the new LRM's. Almost impossible to use cover on due to dive angle, and too much CT damage which I thought was a clustering issue but is apparently Splash damage.

#23 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Can we get more of those chalkboard diagrams in the future?

#24 deforce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 616 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostLeartes, on 21 May 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

There is ALWAYS one more issue. You can't release anything and they'd still work on a pre-alpha status if they didn't decide once in a while to push things that are not final.

Doesn't sound very professional.

Seriously guys, have you even played the game? Sure it is a pain and sure you don't want to leave the house without ams at the moment, but it is really really fun (says the guy not playing lrms) at the moment. Battle is much less the brainless zerg horde than yesterday. People spread out a bit, take cover and try much much more to flank. Not saying it should stay the way it is, but this is not ZOMG unplayable.

have you ever played a game where they "released" it and it was this broken. then for the next 8 months to a year release a patch to fix something and in that patch they break 2 new things. So every patch is literally just fixing what they broke in the previous patch.

#25 keith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

sigh. pgi losing all faith u know how to test stuff. if u were 1 day from fixing splash, WAIT A DAY instead of waiting 2 weeks.

#26 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

You had two months to work on this. I hope for a hotfix but it won't be until the next server downtime which is Friday or next Tuesday.

#27 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

LRM apocalypse is a quarterly event.

PGI is just trolling us now. ;)

#28 ove bababoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

You kidding me, right? If you have no time for make it right, why did you bring us just a half of this? This 2 weeks we have to play LRMwarrior online... again. Really hope for hotfix.

#29 shabowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

So it sounds like this was pushed out knowing full well it was broken.

#30 Nebelfeuer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

Actually it´s not only a problem if you have spotter - the missle dive is incedibly steep even if you spot for yourself.

I use LRM in nearly all my builds to some degree and this patch has changed them from a weapon that weas fun to play and required some skill make use of to a lock-click no brainer that hits almost all of the time. Furtermore it was fun to dodge mislles by using cover or good movemtpattern - right now it´s nearly impossible to do so - partly because flightpattern is so steep that you do not even see them coming most of the time - partly because theyr high trajectory allows them to adjust to much to positional changes withou being hindered by terrain.

As far as I am concerned I´d rather have all of the changes made with this patch concerning LRMs reverted.
None of these changes was really needed und the game is a lot less fun the way it is now.

#31 Ramsess

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 106 posts
  • LocationBrossard

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

Why is there still splash dmg for missiles is my big question...? Every time you mess with missiles Splash ***** your ideas up like you thought it in 5 seconds.... Remove splash and leave it only for artillery and air strike... then you can tweak missiles to what ever numbers you feel right...

#32 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

Continued confirmation of no gameplay testing of these patches. It's not about not testing it enough, this is the first test case you should have seen. Scrimming in a test environment under these conditions would have made it absolutely visible to even people who weren't looking for specific behaviors. It's pretty obvious that if testing occurred at all it was in an environment thoroughly dissimilar to the one in the live game.

Why does this keep happening?

#33 Homeless Bill

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

I get it - making and balancing games is hard. But this really is a joke. The quick response is appreciated, but this needs to be hotfixed.

It's ridiculous that you guys have turned LRMs into harbingers of death so many times, but it still manages to happen. For the love of god, make gradual, weekly balance changes instead of this periodic, all-at-once ******** that has NEVER worked out for you.

Edit: Play against LRMs on Caustic and tell me this isn't worthy of a hotfix.

Edited by Homeless Bill, 21 May 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#34 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostLeartes, on 21 May 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

There is ALWAYS one more issue. You can't release anything and they'd still work on a pre-alpha status if they didn't decide once in a while to push things that are not final.

Doesn't sound very professional.

Seriously guys, have you even played the game? Sure it is a pain and sure you don't want to leave the house without ams at the moment, but it is really really fun (says the guy not playing lrms) at the moment. Battle is much less the brainless zerg horde than yesterday. People spread out a bit, take cover and try much much more to flank. Not saying it should stay the way it is, but this is not ZOMG unplayable.

It's not so fun for the some of people getting 10fps because of some random performance issue introduced 3 months ago who are getting killed while standing behind 10 story buildings. Spread out a bit? That reduces AMS and ECM coverage. Take cover? The entire point of this post is to state that that's not a legitimate strategy since they come down from directly above you.

#35 CatHerder

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Thank you for explaining. However - this begs the question (and I'm not trying to be disrespectful here): who does QA on these patches? Who playtests these patches? Clearly they're either not looking for these things, or they're not reporting them appropriately (or even timely).

Something this big (by your own admission) shouldn't have made it to "production" (yes, we're at Beta still, but you know what I mean).

I'll be happy to volunteer to playtest patches if you need people...

#36 Leartes

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 47 posts

View Postdeforce, on 21 May 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

have you ever played a game where they "released" it and it was this broken. then for the next 8 months to a year release a patch to fix something and in that patch they break 2 new things. So every patch is literally just fixing what they broke in the previous patch.

I have played many games that were released more broken and never patched at all.

Now beating a dead horse, this game is not released. At least there are still devs working on it, much better than many games I loved ... I mean, they even admit they made a mistake. And that already on patch day. I play a lot of games, but something like this happens super rarely.

#37 deforce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 616 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

View PostLeartes, on 21 May 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

I have played many games that were released more broken and never patched at all.

Now beating a dead horse, this game is not released. At least there are still devs working on it, much better than many games I loved ... I mean, they even admit they made a mistake. And that already on patch day. I play a lot of games, but something like this happens super rarely.

View PostLeartes, on 21 May 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

happens super rarely?!?!?! says the guy who joined may 8, 2013. Game breaking bugs upon bugs and broken mechanics happens here nearly every patch.

#38 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostWKMitchell, on 21 May 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

Honestly it is nice to see as those are my two main issues with the new LRM's. Almost impossible to use cover on due to dive angle, and too much CT damage which I thought was a clustering issue but is apparently Splash damage.

The whole point is this counters pop-tarting. People will complain about it a lot, because of that.

So let me make this plea, Paul: DON'T FIX THIS STUFF. LRMs are nowhere near OP right now and it is literally the first time I've found them potentially useful - and on closer review maybe even useful in serious 8 mans - since closed freaking beta (not counting the day of LRM nuking.)

LRMs if anything might need a slight buff from where they're at, not anymore nerfing. The fact they push serious CT damage when TAG'ed is a good thing. LRMs are now apart of the balance sea-saw keeping other ranged weapons in line.

Seriously the things you're considering "broken" has made them reach "usable."

DO NOT NERF LRMs IN THE NEXT PATCH!

#39 Gerwig

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

This is beta right? (agreed the missiles are ridiculous) but aren't we supposed to be the test subjects?

#40 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostGerwig, on 21 May 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

This is beta right? (agreed the missiles are ridiculous) but aren't we supposed to be the test subjects?

They're only ridiculous because people haven't adapted to it yet from what I've seen so far. This is a far cry from when they would deliver the damage of an atomic bomb per shot for a day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users