Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

LRMs seem ok.

SRM spread is good, but damage is too low and they mostly just overheat you without killing anything. They need a buff.

Has the bug with Artemis working without LoS been addressed yet?

#482 MaxStr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

LRMs - Good
SRMs - Need Buff
SSRMs - err just ignore these since I use them please ;)

#483 Herald of Omega

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 25 posts
  • Locationan igloo with internet

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:29 PM

lol, LRMs are still doing massive damage to the center torso.

#484 Tombstoner

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:17 AM

I like what i see being done with SSRM hit locations being spread all over the target.

The way LRMS care currently being implemented tends to concentrate them way to much on the CT.

i think it would be great if during the final arch of the LRM flight path groups of 5 missiles are assigned locations to hit just like SSRM's. This spreads the damage like it does in TT. equipment like Artemus simply lowers the hit chance for arm and legs by 50% this can be further enhanced by tag and narc.

If you can assign hits for groups of missiles then need for splash damage is negated and splash damage is been the source of issue upon issue. it should be taken out.

Edited by Tombstoner, 17 July 2013 - 03:19 AM.

#485 Xyuni

• PipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

Meh whoever that said LRMS are ok ought to be shot... there are just way too many ways to counter LRM.

1. ECM
2. Move behind a tall object (IE : Hills, Buildings etc)
3. Outrun the Missiles
4. Go near the Missile boats ( <180M)
5. Power down your mech

SRM on the other hand, is acting really weird, I've seen it deal great amounts of damage and yet sometimes it deals like close to nothing damage. I noticed the SRMS "Performs" better when you fire at a target 80m Away.. When you use it under 80m, i've tried shooting away up to 72 SRMS with 80% of them appearing to hit on my screen but they only deal 42DMG...wtf?

#486 Xandre Blackheart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationIn the "cockpit".

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:17 AM

How can you even start balancing weapon damage when there is no consistent hit registration?

One game LRMs/SRMs/Ballistics/Energy do grievous damage, the very next match they do {Scrap} all for damage.

I'm thinking the damage values aren't the problem at all.

#487 xMEPHISTOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

LRM damage is fine presently imo as they are supposed to be a support weapon...SRM's need a slight, very slight buff. But what Xandre said above may have some relevance (primarily in relation to srm's) and that would change it all up.

#488 Kaijin

• 2,137 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

Hit a blackjack with 8 volleys of 30 LRMs (2x15) with Artemis and TAG. Target only showed yellow damage on armor. Closed in and ripped me to shreds with a pair of AC2s. O.o

LRMs are useless for anything except putting damage on on multiple mechs in the hopes those mechs will be killed by someone else and yield a kill-assist c-bill payoff.

#489 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostxMEPHISTOx, on 16 September 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

LRM damage is fine presently imo as they are supposed to be a support weapon

No, they are not a support weapon.

I was going to say at least they nearly doubled the damage to compensate for the damage spreading across the target, but then i checked Smurfy's...
1.1 damage/missile? When the hell did this happen? Last time i checked it was 1.8!
No wonder LRM's are pathetic :rolleyes:

Edited by Wolfways, 18 September 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#490 xMEPHISTOx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

The LRM's your looking for are clan tech (no min range more compact), the inner sphere LRM's that we have now are not going to be what you want them to be.

First introduced in 2400 by the Terran Hegemony, Long Range Missiles are designed to engage the enemy at great distances at the expense of damage dealt. Adapted towards the profusion of electronic jamming on the battlefield and the effectiveness of current armor designs, these missiles are capable of indirect fire and disperse over a smaller area than Short Range Missiles. Inner Sphere LRM launchers achieve this range by firing at a ballistic launch angle, making them less accurate at close range. Clan LRM launchers do not suffer from this effect, in addition to being smaller and more compact, thanks to their technological advantage. LRMs are highly upgradable, able to fire a variety of warheads and benefit from devices such as Artemis IV FCS.[1]

^^^Source - http://www.sarna.net/wiki/LRM

#491 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

View PostxMEPHISTOx, on 06 October 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

LRMs in MWO currently are settled in the medium field of long range weapons. There are weapons that deal higher damage and have more range, like ERPPCs or ACs. Though these weapons are not able to be fired indirectly, they can not be countered by ECM or AMS.

From a realistic point of view 1000 m range for a missile weapon is ... pathetic LOW. LRMs should be able to hit targets in at least mutiple kilometers distance.

Edited by xe N on, 10 October 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#492 xMEPHISTOx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Well whether you think their range is low or not that is there predetermined range. PGI has no business changing that as the games title does say MechWarrior and therefore is/should be bound by its rules and specifications.

ERPPCS do not have equal range range and as you exceed its max effective range the damage drops and being non lock on gets tougher to hit accurately the further out. The same goes for AC's w/exception to the AC2 but their damage is not high and again consistant accuracy becomes an issue at great distances.

If PGI adds the Long Tom Artillery then you may get the range you are currently looking for from missles.

#493 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

View PostxMEPHISTOx, on 06 October 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

The LRM's your looking for are clan tech (no min range more compact), the inner sphere LRM's that we have now are not going to be what you want them to be.

^^^Source - http://www.sarna.net/wiki/LRM

No, the LRM's i'm looking for are viable IS LRM's.
Just because LRM's are capable of indirect fire doesn't mean that is their main purpose. They can also be dumb fired but that's not their purpose either.

View PostxMEPHISTOx, on 10 October 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

Well whether you think their range is low or not that is there predetermined range. PGI has no business changing that as the games title does say MechWarrior and therefore is/should be bound by its rules and specifications.

No business changing the ranges that they have already changed?

Oh, and the long Tom (range 26) has a shorter range than LRM's (range 28) in TT, and LRM's actually have the same range as ERPPC's in TT.

Edited by Wolfways, 16 October 2013 - 04:18 AM.

#494 MechFrog1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 630 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostBlackDrakon, on 29 May 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

So, SRMS are still worthless and no response on a fix from PGI? DO U WANT US TO POPTART FOR LIFE!?!?!?

I think they just figured the damage boost would shut us up for a while. Too bad the hit detection is so atrocious that you could make them 4x the damage and they'd still be only marginally useful.

#495 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

View Postxe N on, on 10 October 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

From a realistic point of view 1000 m range for a missile weapon is ... pathetic LOW. LRMs should be able to hit targets in at least mutiple kilometers distance.

A 1000m range for an 11-pound, horizontally fired missile (including payload) isn't too bad!

#496 Diomed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:30 AM

LRMs are completely out of control now. They do far too much damage when compared to the relatively low skill-level needed to utilize them properly. Even ECM and AMS are no defense against the 'OMGERD LERMS' spam we have now. Yes, LRMs were too weak before the buff, but this was an excessive increase in their effectiveness.

#497 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

View PostDiomed, on 24 April 2014 - 06:30 AM, said:

LRMs are completely out of control now. They do far too much damage when compared to the relatively low skill-level needed to utilize them properly.

If you have low-skill you aren't using them "properly".

Even ECM and AMS are no defense against the 'OMGERD LERMS' spam we have now.

Yeah, completely negating or lessening their damage is "no defense"...

Yes, LRMs were too weak before the buff, but this was an excessive increase in their effectiveness.

So a slight speed increase turned them from weak to OP? Okay...

#498 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:53 PM

View PostWolfways, on 27 April 2014 - 11:45 PM, said:

So a slight speed increase turned them from weak to OP? Okay...

33.3333% is slight in your books. Oh kay. :D
I guess it is still better than 45.8333%.. :rolleyes:

#499 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

View PostShinVector, on 27 April 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:

33.3333% is slight in your books. Oh kay. :D
I guess it is still better than 45.8333%.. :rolleyes:

Sorry, i keep forgetting that some people get hit by missiles. I couldn't care if they moved at 500m/s. It would make no difference as long as we are playing on tiny arena's that are nothing but cover.
They are slightly useful on Alpine though.

#500 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:23 AM

View PostWolfways, on 27 April 2014 - 11:59 PM, said:

Sorry, i keep forgetting that some people get hit by missiles. I couldn't care if they moved at 500m/s. It would make no difference as long as we are playing on tiny arena's that are nothing but cover.
They are slightly useful on Alpine though.

Strangely... I had games with people making claims like yours... Guess what ? They have the same problem and get killed by LRMs too... Try not make the problem seem non-existent.. :D

Else I will just add you to my friends list do drop together... Watch you get killed by LRMs too. :rolleyes:

Edit: gammar

Edited by ShinVector, 28 April 2014 - 12:37 AM.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users