Severe Lag In Every Drop, Game Unplayable

47 replies to this topic

#21 Shadovar-Assassin

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, U.K

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostEagledel, on 21 May 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

Game was running fine before patch now it's loading then screen goes blank for about a minute or so. Players say am in game but not moving. Screen comes on and everyone else has started the game a minute or so before me then i get the normal mech startup system check. It's now like am in game lagging a minute behind everyone else. Tried a few times and still get the same prob. Uninstalled the game but will reinstall when I have time. Will let you know how it goes..........!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhh still no joy!!!!!!!

#22 TwigTech

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

I'm having the same problem. I've tried disabling my antivirus, and it didn't fix a thing. The game's unplayable for me.

#23 Gallowglas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

For the first time while playing the game, this has suddenly cropped up for me. I checked drivers, reset my router and modem, checked my AV, did a complete reinstall, watched my system heat, and even dusted out my case for good measure. Nothing helped. When I'm in TeamSpeak I notice that the moment I enter a match, my voice chat also starts lagging heavily. I tested with a number of other games and have no such issues. I even tried dropping with no voice chat and that didn't help either.

My ping shows as very good (around 40), but everything is very choppy and rubberbanding is rampant, making it difficult to hit anything. This only started with this patch. I was playing problem-free before (minus the rare freeze/disconnect).

#24 Axident

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

I've tried upgrading audio drivers and reinstalling (note - after reinstalling the founders tab option in the menu vanished). What's interesting is a friend of mine in the same city, with the same provider - although on a different network - does not have this problem.

#25 Shadovar-Assassin

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, U.K

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

Ok i think it has something to do with Pc tools internet security and anti virus software as when it's turned off the game runs normal. So why is this when i have had no probs in the past before patch?????????

#26 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,738 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

Seriously asking that question about antivirus/internet security programs? :) the exe updated, as well as the security tools constantly being updated themselves. With games that patch often enough there will be times when the new exe is not trustworthy yet so more severe scanning. On top of that firewall settings changed/updated/etc.

For the antivirus scanning part, set to exclude MWO folders. For the firewall, remove exe then add again, providing full permission.

reboot modem/router/gateway also.

The above is based on both personal experience as well as assisting others. It is the first step in troubleshooting an issue.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 22 May 2013 - 11:23 PM.

#27 Dalziel Hasek Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 215 posts
  • LocationOxfordshire, UK

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

I have completely disabled the security on the PC itself (I use Avast!) and, for one match, PING was terrible (1000+), but I played one glorious input laggy level with no rubber banding, even scoring one hit with a laser. My hopes were high. Then the next level I played was back to rubber-banding and unplayable.

I will continue testing later today - some kind of interaction with the new patched MWO client and people's security software seems impactful - not sure yet that it's the whole story.

#28 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,738 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

(nods)

It also does not mean that is the primary issue, only one of the possible variables.

#29 boomshekah

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

I have the same problem. I´ve noticed a nice fps increase, but my ping is all over the place now and i am rubberbanding like crazy.

#30 Gallowglas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

Disabling AV has no effect on my problem at all.

#31 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

I had a lot of black screen to eventual client crashes on Tuesday/Wednesday (I get off work late). Last night/this morning it was better AND I could text type in matches again (yay!) whereas I could not do that the first night.

Latency has doubled. I was usually around 60 every match, I'm now in the 150s. This is not huge, but I can see it - the mech jerks from time to time when the game updates a location or input command, things miss more often, enemy mechs more often tend to rubber band or otherwise lag-fu all around me. I also take double the time to load in, to the point where my "pilot" is still playing with switches when my teammates are walking around.

To my knowledge, nothing has changed with my COMPUTER since the weekend, when the patch was not live and I had functional performance, to now where matches are unreliable, it takes forever to load into matches, my latency is into the 'ugly' range, and all in all things are unpleasant.

If the game is this different from 60 to just 150ms lag, I cannot imagine how horrible it is for people who cannot get better.

#32 Matthew Craig

Technical Director

• 867 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

Just wanted to note that we're investigating on our end to see if we can reproduce these types of issues, we do regular packet loss/latency tests, currently our suspicions are on antivirus or firewall software, QA are currently trying various combinations to help identify any configurations we may be missing and need to add to future QA test procedures.

Thanks for your patience while we investigate.

#33 Midgie

Swaybacked

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 192 posts
  • LocationThe unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

My ping has jumped from >100ms to around 400ms after this patch. I've run the game with my antivirus removed and there is no change. While I don't seem to see any rubber-banding, the higher ping is making the game more difficult to play.

#34 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

My ping went from 50-60 average to now a constant 250 or so. FPS went up by about 30% so that was nice, but my ping is now ridiculously high in comparison to what it was.

#35 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

It might just be that the game is possibly sending and receiving too many packets, which is causing unintended consequences to certain routers.

#36 Axident

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

View PostSira Westland, on 23 May 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

Look at the UDP flood DOS protection (see my post above). By switching this off on my Draytek router I have fixed all my issues.. If I switch it back on, my game goes back to hell in a handcart. :P

Hmm, I have the same problem and am also using a Draytek router. I'll have a look at this.

#37 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

It might not be a bad idea to disable packet flooding protection (the stuff used for DDOS) temporarily..

#38 Axident

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

Good news, everybody. Apart from reading this inside your head in Professor Farnsworth's voice, I found that disabling the UDP flood prevention on my router does work. I'll see if I can find a threshold at which it's not triggered.

#39 Aeronerd

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

i disabled my firewall settings on my router as well and THE PROBLEM WENT AWAY :P

nice find sira. I don't want to have to lower my digital shorts to the internet to play the game though. I'm sure PGI can make things so i dont have to disable security to play the game.

I did notice that my ping did just about double though (refferring to pre-patch)

#40 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

I never had firewall settings on my router enabled. My pings to other games remained the same, but on MWO they seemed to have jumped at least a 100ms or so over my usual one range.

29 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users