47 replies to this topic

#41 Almeras

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 294 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

My ping has gone up this patch to 180 when normally its 100. Other members of my EU unit noticed the same

#42 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:25 AM

I can confirm the issue too.Playing a light mech is a misery now.

#43 Barghest Whelp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • LocationIn a loophole

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:37 AM

Yeah, I've been away for quite some time now, and I got back after the last patch. The game is completely unplayable due to constant rubberbanding. Haven't tried disabling the firewall/AV, but I'll give it a go and edit this post with the results.

Edit: disabled both FW and AV (both Comodo 64bit version) and absolutely no difference. Also, there is no difference in my ping from what I had before my break. It's still lingering between 140 and 180. Game was totally playable before my break and I was even able to hit lagshielded light mechs with AC20's before netcode improvement and HSR. Now I can't even hit an assault mech standing still.

Edited by Barghest Whelp, 24 May 2013 - 02:52 AM.

#44 Aeronerd

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

View PostBarghest Whelp, on 24 May 2013 - 02:37 AM, said:

Edit: disabled both FW and AV (both Comodo 64bit version) and absolutely no difference.

did you do this on your router? or just in software? My router seemed to be the one that was cancelling my MWO party.

#45 HoppinRaven

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 44 posts
  • LocationI'd say behind you, but I'd be lying.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

UDP flood definitely seems to be the culpret here, disabling it or setting the thresh hold above 400 seems to do the trick. I do still have the odd issue though that a tracert to mwomercs.com gives a complete loss of connection after the ninth hop for me.
And that tracert is the same for a friend using a different router without UDP flood firewall enabled but still the same ninth hop death for mwomercs.com

#46 Barghest Whelp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • LocationIn a loophole

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:24 AM

View PostAeronerd, on 24 May 2013 - 07:13 AM, said:

did you do this on your router? or just in software? My router seemed to be the one that was cancelling my MWO party.

My internet router can't be configured, but I've tried using a vpn proxy wich didn't help. I'm not getting disconnects mind you, only constant rubberbanding.

#47 SCUD303

• PipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

My gaming experience is turning out to be not so pleasant. After the patching of May, I started experience bad cases of lag during gameplay. I am getting really frustrated! I think maybe it is time to find a different game to play. The most frustrating part is when you are lining up the enemy mech, ready to go for the kill, and suddenly he is gone, you face the opposite direction, disorientated and you get hammered by the enemy! What went wrong? my ping also went through the roof! Where is the fluent gameplay I got used to?

#48 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:17 AM

View PostSCUD303, on 30 May 2013 - 06:11 AM, said:

My gaming experience is turning out to be not so pleasant. After the patching of May, I started experience bad cases of lag during gameplay. I am getting really frustrated! I think maybe it is time to find a different game to play. The most frustrating part is when you are lining up the enemy mech, ready to go for the kill, and suddenly he is gone, you face the opposite direction, disorientated and you get hammered by the enemy! What went wrong? my ping also went through the roof! Where is the fluent gameplay I got used to?

I keep saying it,

please PGI, make your game stable once and for all..!

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users