26 replies to this topic

#21 ZedekiahCromwell

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

View PostscJazz, on 23 May 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

TO OP: What you just did is called griping. This is not useful. What I am about to do is called "not acting like an emoraging ftard". The difference is astonishing... here watch...

Sometimes during matches especially low visibility ones I find myself shooting a friendly by accident. Sometimes I find during furballs that I have accidently stepped into friendly fire. I propose the following HUD change to help solve this issue.

Please flash a translucent blue square over what would be a friendies targeting box if I am hitting them with direct fire weapons. Please also flash my entire HUD twice with translucent blue to let me know that I am being hit with Friendly-Fire.

Please do not do either of the above in Splash Damage situations as there is really nothing I can do in either scenario. Either I am face hugging the Enemy (intentionally or not) or I am too far away/low visibility to really be clear that splash damage could be occurring.

If nothing else, I really want the reticle to flash green, not red, if you accidentally peg any friendly.

#22 LordBane

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

Friendly fire happens sometimes, it sucks, but it does. What drives me nuts is it seems like half the time when I try to play one of my medium or light mechs, right at the start I end up taking some assault's alpha straight to the back before we've even left the base. It's like "WTF? There aren't even any enemies to shoot at yet."

Edited by LordBane, 24 May 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#23 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

I'm not firing at you when I can see you running around in front of me. I will fire when I'm already engaged and you're moving into my FoV from the side and 20m in front of me. That's your fault then.

Everytime I see a Medium doing that when I'm an Atlas or any other Mech with big guns I think 'Wow! That guy really wants to win the next Darwin Award'

#24 Pliskkenn D

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

In a brawl, sometimes a stray laser firing too long might clip an enemy but generally it's quite hard to hit team members unless they suddenly appear in front of you when taking a shot.

Trying to snipe into a brawl and them complaining a team mate got in the way though is just silly.

#25 Accursed Richards

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 412 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

I don't make a fuss when someone hits me. But I don't expect someone to complain when they hurl themselves secret-service style between a brawling Stalker and it's target, you know?

#26 Yanlowen Cage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:37 AM

Not whining . A statement of fact. Yes friendly fire happens. Intentional FF does not. And that is what I am referring too. In close quarter matches. So do not shoot me to try and get at the target. I do try to stay out of you way. Example . I had a mech ored and almost dead on river city. Had a dual ac20 jager jink in behind me and let loose thru me trying to get the kill. No reason for it besides battlelust. Have realized it was too tight and repositioned. But he chose to shoot thru me.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users