Thank You Pgi For The Best Balance Patch Since Early Closed Beta!

41 replies to this topic

#1 WolvesX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

This game isn't a BETA anymore.

Premium time runs, if the game is in one state of an other.

But this patch, wow!

AC5 is perfect!

LRM flight paths are brilliant, at least the idea, very interersted in the further development!

Seismic Sensor Pro Equip! Nice one!

The new map is awesome.

Awesome is still not awesome. =)

GJ PGI

#PS: Boating is fine, look at: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Nova

Now tell me that boating isn't canon.

Edited by WolvesX, 22 May 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#2 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

When can I have an Awesome that's Awesome :(

It was so awesome they named it Awesome.

#3 mack sabbath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

Try pugging solo in the newer player bracket against LRM / Poptart / Scout premades and come back and tell me how awesome all this is.

Edited by Die Primate Die, 22 May 2013 - 04:03 PM.

#4 WolvesX

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostDie Primate Die, on 22 May 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

Try pugging solo in the newer player bracket against LRM / Poptart / Scout premades and come back and tell me how awesome all this is.

I don't know, I think I'm in a above averge elo, and LRMs are nearly fine here.

AND

I don't play alone - 8v8 or 4vPUG. So you could be right for lower elo.

Edited by WolvesX, 22 May 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#5 shabowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

OPs location is a Stalker-5M, that sounds about right.

The part about LRM flight path is particularly funny as they are admittedly broken according to the developers themselves.

Edited by shabowie, 22 May 2013 - 04:12 PM.

#6 krash27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 582 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostDie Primate Die, on 22 May 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

This seems to be the problem right here. Apparently the game is for premade teams only, to hell with the casual gamer I guess.

#7 WolvesX

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

Well, I play Jagermech 2xAC5 4xSSRM STD engine. Very good matches.

Yes, the MGs are still... not that good.

Yes, SRMs need a huge buff.

Yes, some things are still not viable / good enough.

Yes, balance is far from perfect.

But this patch was a huge step in the right direction.

#8 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

Yup they got it right this time.
Got my first 800+ match today.
And no I was not in a LRM boat.
Thanks PGI.

View Postkrash27, on 22 May 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

This seems to be the problem right here. Apparently the game is for premade teams only, to hell with the casual gamer I guess.

Angry Birds perhaps?

#9 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

LRMs are broken, but I think everything else was a good step in the right direction.

I have to say 1 thing that is extremely important though in regards to the patch: The new map actually looks good at lowest possible graphics. AND you can pick out enemy mechs from the background and terrain. AND colors aren't washed out on the mechs themselves. AND there are decent sightlines for medium, long range, and short range engagements. I haven't played a ton of games on it, but I'm loving it so far.

#10 LordBraxton

• The Formidable
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Saw wolvesX earlier today in game, he was part of a lance sitting in the middle of canyon. 4 mechs with LRMs.

loeleoeleoleoeleoeleoel

I hope you are joking, LRMs are so hardcore broken even the devs realized it immediately.

Enjoy your crutch, expect nerfs.

#11 Fajther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 451 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan, usa

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

I am having such a blast this patch. I know that they are going to have to cave into the complainers, but my hunchback is so much fun now. The game feels so good. really good. Mediums are better because brawlers are being held in place by lrms. It is so nice. Thankyou pgi.

#12 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

1) LRMs are broken (arc and splash)
2) SSRMs are broken again (probably splash and damage focus on CT and effect of BAP) ... a recent match I was in had a BAP equipped 6xSSRM2 catapult doing 725 damage and wasting mechs left right and center ... all of my SSRM equipped mechs are too effective ... they didn't fix SSRM when they implemented ECM and they still haven't fixed SSRM when re-designing BAP.
3) Seismic Sensor is so great ... it is hard to picture a better module = OP (very cool though)

4) The new map actually is very nice .. I like it much better than Alpine or Tourmaline

So, I would say they are batting 1/4 on the recent patch ... the "surprise" being that all of these would be easy to see in a few matches of testing ... either the testers run specific builds (which they should not be doing if they actually want to test) or there just aren't enough folks testing the builds ... either way something really needs to change in their development process.

i.e. test server, additional testers, scripted testing, regression testing

plus some additional design on features like BAP/ECM/LRM/SSRM/SRM/TAG/NARC

#13 LordBraxton

• The Formidable
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostFajther, on 22 May 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

I am having such a blast this patch. I know that they are going to have to cave into the complainers, but my hunchback is so much fun now. The game feels so good. really good. Mediums are better because brawlers are being held in place by lrms. It is so nice. Thankyou pgi.

WAIT SO BRAWLERS WERE YOUR PROBLEM BEFORE THIS PATCH?!?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

I haven't seen a brawler in months, except dead on the ground every 15th match

View PostMawai, on 22 May 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

1) LRMs are broken (arc and splash)
2) SSRMs are broken again (probably splash and damage focus on CT and effect of BAP) ... a recent match I was in had a BAP equipped 6xSSRM2 catapult doing 725 damage and wasting mechs left right and center ... all of my SSRM equipped mechs are too effective ... they didn't fix SSRM when they implemented ECM and they still haven't fixed SSRM when re-designing BAP.
3) Seismic Sensor is so great ... it is hard to picture a better module = OP (very cool though)

4) The new map actually is very nice .. I like it much better than Alpine or Tourmaline

So, I would say they are batting 1/4 on the recent patch ... the "surprise" being that all of these would be easy to see in a few matches of testing ... either the testers run specific builds (which they should not be doing if they actually want to test) or there just aren't enough folks testing the builds ... either way something really needs to change in their development process.

i.e. test server, additional testers, scripted testing, regression testing

plus some additional design on features like BAP/ECM/LRM/SSRM/SRM/TAG/NARC

hey thanks for being a voice of reason, we need more on this forum, it is becoming a madhouse

#14 MuKen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

Community: ECM needs a real counter

PGI: Nah, ECM is about where we want it to be

PGI: Nah, ECM is about where we want it to be

PGI: *tries adding an ECM counter, ECM balance is better than ever*

Hey whaddaya know, listening to the community is good.

Edited by MuKen, 22 May 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#15 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

Unfortunately they realized their "mistake" and are moving to "fix" things.

#16 LordBraxton

• The Formidable
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

They should have added the BAP changes and left LRMs EXACTLY how they were, then worked from there.

You don't buff

Speed
Damage
Arc
Targeting
Information Warfare

All in one patch for one weapon system.

Change one at a time to make sure you don;t break the game.

Well guess what, they broke the game.

#17 Draecos

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostFate 6, on 22 May 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

LRMs are broken, but I think everything else was a good step in the right direction.

I have to say 1 thing that is extremely important though in regards to the patch: The new map actually looks good at lowest possible graphics. AND you can pick out enemy mechs from the background and terrain. AND colors aren't washed out on the mechs themselves. AND there are decent sightlines for medium, long range, and short range engagements. I haven't played a ton of games on it, but I'm loving it so far.

This.....

I liked a LOT about this patch. All except the insanity with the LRM's. Had they bumped up the flight speed only, it'd be great! Before, it was like dodging a balloon. With the speed increase, you'd have to be near cover and actually respect the weapons. Adding in the increase in damage...... I don't think that was entirely bad. A 0.2 point increase.... maybe a bit aggressive, yes. More in line with tabletop in a way. Combine both with the new flight path....... bad.

I'd suggest they take a look again at the tabletop rules.... play a little, and see how LRM's functioned there. Yes.... they could be deadly. At the same time, there were some significant drawbacks.

As it is right now, I'd have to recommend to friends not to try MWO online until this issue is fixed. Sorry.

#18 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostMawai, on 22 May 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

If I could like this twice, I would. It's so refreshing to see someone realize that their own mechs are too effective and voice their concern. This forum is full of people standing on top of piles of demolished mechs, shrugging their shoulders and saying that everyone else needs to stop complaining.

o7

#19 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

The standard hard counter of ECM still works for LRMS both on getting a scout to his face and hiding the force with a D-DC.
One should put AMS back on their mech.
The LRM game is getting better, and by that I mean it's more interesting. Not entirely a nuke button and not entirely a wet newspaper.
With the adjustments of the flight path, they're going to actually be pretty decent.

#20 Adrian Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 545 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

I love how you're flushing the tards into the open WolvesX.

When will they realize they're just robots playing with robots?

Keep posting, playing and paying you zombies.

Edited by Adrian Steel, 22 May 2013 - 06:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users