this is so sad.

#322 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

My deepest condolences, I could not even begin to imagine that kind of loss.

#323 Tlords

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 176 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

My thoughts are with you. I loved the story about Sarah watching her dad play.... it made me smile and helped me understand how sad your lose is. She sounded like someone full of energy and life. You have my deepest condolences and my thoughts are with you and your family.

#324 Dayanx

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

I can't play MWO on my current computer but when I read a write up for this at battletech.com I had recovered my password just for this.

I would like to volunteer a drawing of both Sarah and her Jenner, including whatever loadout and paint scheme, custom flash (something with GET 'EM GOOD! would work great) and a drawing of her with it wearing a cooling vest and other accoutrements . Now I'm not much of an artist, but I can make something that people can remember- if they like. I know this sub doesn't get much attention. I don't want any money or notoriety. I'm just wanting to help. I can be reached at dayaninikhaton@gmail.com

http://dayanx.devian...-Copy-374500236

Edited by OswaldWasaFag, 29 May 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#325 Skabs

• PipPip
  • The Defiant
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

I honestly believe if your going to make one mech for one child that passed away from cancer they should make a mech for EVERY child that passed away from cancer and lets not forget the unfortunate children that have passed on due to..... accidental firearm/child abuse and neglect/drowning/fires/motor vehicle/other accidents/sudden infant death/suffocation/ect ect ect

"it would only be fair"....
or do we feel that they are not as important?...
should they not ALSO be remembered?

(might need rename game then since new mechs would be outlandish in number)

This is an online game people play to enjoy as a game not as a memorial

people are here to play a game and/or to enjoy the escape from reality *not to be reminded of it*
(since other people who play this game besides myself... have also lost children)

think about it...

Edited by Skabs, 29 May 2013 - 05:28 PM.

#326 TheSteelRhino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 600 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

Skabs. I am sorry for your loss. Yes, other children's lives matter. It will help her family knowing that others care. And it may help the lives of children that are fighting their own battle. And help other families.
As it is impractical that PGI do this for every child, you would have nothing done at all?

I am sorry if this reminds you of your own loss. But it would seem like at least a "cockpit" item of a winged jenner might be appropriate at the very least. On sale for a limited time, then folks that wished not to see, would not have to.

regards.

#327 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Posted Image

#328 Charles Fornton

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

I think a winged Jenner cockpit item would be great.

#329 DerSpecht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 365 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

View PostSkabs, on 29 May 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

I honestly believe if your going to make one mech for one child that passed away from cancer they should make a mech for EVERY child that passed away from cancer and lets not forget the unfortunate children that have passed on due to..... accidental firearm/child abuse and neglect/drowning/fires/motor vehicle/other accidents/sudden infant death/suffocation/ect ect ect

Every day about 30.000 Children die. about 15.000 of them from diseases than can be easily cured. I know that its something different when you have a relation to the ones that pass away.
I still dont agree to implement anything that has to do with any non-fiction / lore stuff into the game.

#330 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

I reached out to some of my friends in the BattleTech Community. Which is to say I shared on a couple CBT Forums the sad news. An Sarna wants to write a story up on this littlest Warrior, an our desire to start up a fund raiser.

This is what I love about the CBT Community, It's a huge family, and a part of mine for 11+ years.

#331 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

View PostSkabs, on 29 May 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

"it would only be fair"....
or do we feel that they are not as important?...
should they not ALSO be remembered?

(might need rename game then since new mechs would be outlandish in number)

This is an online game people play to enjoy as a game not as a memorial

people are here to play a game and/or to enjoy the escape from reality *not to be reminded of it*
(since other people who play this game besides myself... have also lost children)

think about it...

Technically the Mech we make will help all children with Cancer! The donations would go to Cancer research in one form or another, a greater good will come of this.

#332 DerSpecht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 365 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 30 May 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

Technically the Mech we make will help all children with Cancer! The donations would go to Cancer research in one form or another, a greater good will come of this.

The mech you make will make people who dont even know about these forum say and write things like " OMG i just alphad a Sarah noob wolololol" Is this how you want to make people remember her? This whole idea is just gross..

#333 Dayanx

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 30 May 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

I reached out to some of my friends in the BattleTech Community. Which is to say I shared on a couple CBT Forums the sad news. An Sarna wants to write a story up on this littlest Warrior, an our desire to start up a fund raiser.

This is what I love about the CBT Community, It's a huge family, and a part of mine for 11+ years.

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 30 May 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

Its not a very large article. but I pored over every page of this and other threads on the subject looking for updates. It has a lot of links to here and the charity websites, the video by those German fellas, and if its alright, used one of Noesis' images for the main image- linking it to the particular post in which he published it. Its still in the queue awaiting review.

My offer for the drawing still stands, but only at behest of the parents. I also just purchased a custom Jenner mini that I will be painting up as a commemorative for her too. I'll post a thread when its all done.

#334 TheMadPoet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

Just stumbled across this. My heartfleft condolences to her family. I actually remember seeing her user name in a match a while back. I'd definitely purchase a hero mech in her honor.

I've been active in Relay for Life fundraising for cancer research, in years past, and love the thought of some of the proceeds from the sale of such a mech going to fight cancer.

#335 krolmir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 258 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

It is deeply dispiriting to lose one so young, my thoughts and prayers go out to her family. I can only hope that serenity will find them swiftly, in the wake of such a tragedy.

#336 Sir Fuzzy

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostDerSpecht, on 30 May 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

The mech you make will make people who dont even know about these forum say and write things like " OMG i just alphad a Sarah noob wolololol" Is this how you want to make people remember her? This whole idea is just gross..

So you think the option to buy a cockpit item (which no one would ever know you have) which supports cancer research in some form or another would be gross? Did you read the whole thread?

Sounds more like you are trolling a memorial post, which makes YOU gross.

RIP Sarah. As a father of 2 children I can only imagine such loss. I hope that the strength required to make it through such a tragedy finds it's way to her parents.

Edited by Sir Fuzzy, 30 May 2013 - 06:24 PM.

#337 DerSpecht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 365 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostSir Fuzzy, on 30 May 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

So you think the option to buy a cockpit item (which no one would ever know you have) which supports cancer research in some form or another would be gross? Did you read the whole thread?

Sounds more like you are trolling a memorial post, which makes YOU gross.

No i did not read the whole thread. I Read about the hero mech and the MC item. And i still dont like the idea. If you call it trolling then so be it. Dont want to argue but i can try to explain why this is a bad idea imo and maybe you'll understand.

Actually its pretty simple: I play games for fun. The games i play are 100% lore and fiction. By creating such a mech or item you create a relation to a real person and therefore force me as a player to do the same by checking out the mech or looking at the item while spectating.

Is it so hard to understand that some people dont want relations to dead children in their game? Maybe they have a reason and will stop playing immediately.

#338 Colonel Cody

• PipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBoston; MA

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

As the single parent father of a 10 year old little girl, I send my deepest regrets and condolences to her family. A parent should never have to bury their children. It is always a Tragedy. If you make this hero mech like the other's suggested. I will buy it. I've always supported the various cancer charities.
Again, my deepest condolences and Sympathies to ehr Family and especially her Parents.

#339 Havok1978

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 371 posts
  • LocationTexaz!!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

This is a memorial thread, It's not a place for promoting sales or argueing semantics...
If you wish to to do either, then please move it to another thread, someplace else.

Reading through this the only thing I can say is this really sux, children are our most precious resources,treasures and gifts...
No matter what light you choose to cast it in, it still sux.

Jon please be strong, your family needs you... You will surely see your beloved child again someday, you may even play a game or two with her...

For Sarah, you are on the minds of many during this time, I am sorry you were taken from this world so early. I hope wherever you are its bright and warm and you can run thru the fields and play all day.

Life takes us down many paths and seldom do we truely appreciate all the things we see and experience.
I wish I had more time with my own boy, but I do not and that will not change.

Nothing anyone can say or do expresses what this feels like...
If an item is created for this,cockpit item preferred, I'd buy it to support Jon and his family, and to honor this sweet child.

We of Clan Ghost Bear salute you...
Seyla

#340 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts
  • Locationstill remains a mistery.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

Well I started a new thread that was closed somehow, anyways here it is:

When I first read Sarah's thread, I was amazed by the fast response of the entire community in one hand and on the other hand I felt sad because of the lack of interest shown by PGI.

Other than the initial and official "For Sarah" thread given their condolences, nothing has been done, announced or officially replied.

Poems were written, tears were dropped, hearts were touched and a lot of ideas were given...

Very good ideas such as a Hero mech, a cockpit item, even a simple camo scheme named after her but being realistic and based on the lack of interest shown by PGI I do not think that is going to happen.

- How is it possible that she "loved to use a Jenner-D to lock missiles" and the picture on the main thread shows a Raven!!!

- Not even 1 official reply has been received from PGI in regards to wether you were going to at least take in consideration some of the given ideas.

Those are my 2 cents.

""Talk goodness is not good... only to do it it is""
Chinese Proverb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users