Sarah Hero Mech And Cancer Research Fundraiser

585 replies to this topic

Poll: Sarah's Jenner (1597 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you buy Sarah's Jenner?

1. Yes (1458 votes [91.47%])

Percentage of vote: 91.47%

2. There is no other option (136 votes [8.53%])

Percentage of vote: 8.53%

Vote

#1 zraven7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationDuluth, Georgia

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

FINAL Final Update:

Here we go guys. It happened. Thank you all. :(

http://mwomercs.com/...91#entry2584491

Final Update:

Have a look, guys.

http://mwomercs.com/...irector-update/

It's on for the next patch. It's not a Hero or a Champion, so it looks like they are doing something specific to the situation.

I'm proud to be part of this community.

You all did this. Remember that. You all decided that the memory of a little girl, and the loss her family is experiencing, was worth far more than the petty squabbles that sometime keep us a part.

This is all you.

Thank you.

HUGE UPDATE!!!

WE HAVE AN ANSWER! THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE A MECH FOR SARAH!!!

Check "'Mechs and Mechbay".

http://mwomercs.com/...evs-39-answers/

I noticed he was careful to say "mech" and not "hero mech", so I'd guess it's going to be something of the Champion Mech sort. This should assuage worries of something being overpowered or not in the spirit of the memorial.

I want to thank everyone for their help. Even the people against the idea were against it because they cared about Sarah and her family.

Now, I have to ask a personal favor. Please forget my part of this effort, or at least remember yours more. I just forwarded an idea. You all networked this. You all brought the whole community together. This is you, and it's amazing. Thank you all again.

*Original Post Begins Here:

Ok, first, read this. And I'm sorry, but it's gonna hurt...

http://mwomercs.com/...9110-for-sarah/

Now, I think they should make Sarah a Hero Jenner, with part of the proceeds going to cancer research, and, if possible, any remaining medical bills her family is still paying off.

I know the second part there might be problematic, but I'm certain PGI can put proceeds towards cancer research.

I don't care what the mech is equipped with or looks like, I'll buy it. Zero Hardpoints for thirty dollars? Sure, here's my money.

Let's do this, guys. Spread it around. Tell your friends. Get your Clans and Corps and Houses. She deserves this.

UPDATE:

PGI, I have just purchased 6,500 MC. This is entirely for Sarah's Jenner, and will not be spent until I am able to get Sarah's Jenner.

I have just spent real money on an idea. I mean this. She deserves it.

UPDATE:

We've gotten up to 300 votes for this. Thank you to all of you who have voted, and thanks to everyone who has spread the word.

Also, much, much thanks to everyone who brainstormed the idea of the Memorial Hero Mech in the original "For Sarah" thread. I'm not going to name names, not sure who wants the light or the shadow, but it's there for everyone to read.

Keep it going guys. My personal wish was to try to get this to 500, but I think we can do better, and Sarah and her family sure deserve better.

We are a Community, and this Community thinks Sarah's memory should be running around these maps for the entirety of this game, with images of her little Jenner floating around the internet for as long as there is one.

Thank you all, guys. Keep it up

UPDATE:

I go to bed, wake up, and there are another 100 votes. You guys are all amazing.

I have been reading every post in this thread, and I know there are detractors. That is fine, they are entitled to their opinion. You have all been great at not letting this turn into a flame war. Let them say what they want to say, and just continue with on topic posts. This is for a little girl and a grieving family, not forum victories. Thank you, again.

All of the Houses, Clans, Guilds and Merc Corps who have posted this to personal forums and networked this to other members, thank you so much.

All of the people who have networked this through Facebook, Google+, Twitter, etc., I wish I could hug you.

I don't really have words for how I feel about seeing this community coming together like this. It's incredible, to say the least.

Keep it rolling guys. Keep it rolling.

UPDATE:

500. Wow. 500 votes. This is more than I had hoped for. You guys are incredible.

Alright, if we can do 500, we can go higher, easy. We've got a three day weekend here, and we have our end-of-week players coming in.

Let people know what happened, and that we are trying to help.

To the detractors of this idea, I appreciate you keeping all of your posts civil and polite. This is a thread about the memory of a little girl, and it's good that we remember that it is no place for fighting.

If anyone has strong feelings about this that they have to vent, please feel free to message me directly. I won't fight you or insult you, whatever you say. You have free reign to say anything you want to me privately, without repercussion.

Keep it going guys. You are doing something awesome.

UPDATE:

600. I never thought we'd get it to 600 in two days.

This is one of the best examples of community coming together I've ever seen.

Keep it rolling guys. Keep it strong.

UPDATE:

Another day, another 100 votes. Another chance for me to be joyfully surprised.

I am so proud to be part of this community right now. You are all amazing people, and are doing an amazing thing for the memory of Sarah.

I think we can do 1000 by the end of the weekend. Lets try for it.

UPDATE:

We broke 800.

I don't even know what to say about that. We broke 800.

Every time I get over being surprised, you all go and do it to me again. Thank you. Thank you all.

UPDATE:

The counter turned over 900 today. I really think 1000 is going to happen. keep spreading it around, and keep her in mind. You guys rock.

UPDATE:

1000! 1000 votes cast for the creation of this memorial! This is an amazing moment, and I'm happy to be here.

You all did this. You all cared, and you all stepped up. Thank you. Thank you so much.

PGI, we have 1000 people willing to make MC purchases for this mech and this cause. That has to be a significant number. Please, tell us if you think you can do something.

UPDATE:

This thread keeps growing, and the number keeps getting higher. 1200. 1200 people have pledged to purchase this mech, to remember little Sarah and to help find an end to cancer. 1200, and still the poll climbs.

This is the best online community I've ever experienced.

Edited by zraven7, 23 July 2013 - 09:19 AM.

#2 dr cyanide

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 105 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

Yes... Yes I will

+1 to this

#3 Gnatter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 140 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

I would buy it.

#4 BLUPRNT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 616 posts
  • LocationLake Something or Other, WA

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

Yes, no bonuses needed just the Name and the unique camo or color to scout, charge, and harass in style.

#5 zraven7

• 1,207 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

Spread the word, guys. Tell your clan and guild buddies. Lets come together on this one.

#6 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

I'd buy.

#7 JSArrakis

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

PGI, where are you? You have an opportunity to make a difference. You want to make your name big while doing some REAL good? Here it is.

#8 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

I'd pick it up. I need another Jenner anyways, and it's certainly a good cause. Cold comfort for poor Jon, but it'd be something. And even just raising more awareness of the issue wouldn't be a bad thing.

#9 Matroid

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

(1) i'm really hoping for it: a custom Sarah Jenner (Hero or Champion)
(2) i think it should be colored designed by her family
(3) please make it the JR7-K variant, as most people don't have this one. it will sell more

#10 zraven7

• 1,207 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

Good start, guys. Message people, get your TS friends. Lets get this out there.

#11 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

4 missile hard points. 2 SSRM2 CT. 1 SRM6 LA/RA. ECM. BAP. 315XL.

#12 ove bababoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

View Postzraven7, on 23 May 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

Spread the word, guys. Tell your clan and guild buddies. Lets come together on this one.

Already done here in Russia. For the Sarah.

#13 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

Love it and would buy it.

#14 Terror Teddy

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

If not a mech - a unique Jenner paintjob.

#15 zraven7

• 1,207 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

Thank you all. Lets keep this going. Spread it around. Message your buddies on here. Let PGI know we're serious about this, and we will do this if they help us.

Devs, Mods, we are serious about this. Help us.

#16 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

Garth replied in the official Sarah thread and someone mentioned a hero jenner and he said "good idea." So, probably a donation and mech or something will occur.

Edited by General Taskeen, 23 May 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#17 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

Sounds like a pretty good idea.

#18 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

Listed the topic on my Battalion's forum boards. I support this 100% having lost several members of my family to cancer.

#19 LordBraxton

• The Formidable
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

She liked streaks, so she was obviously a smart girl.

Sarah's Jenner needs 2-3 missile slots.

Definitely would buy to show support.

I don't even pilot lights

#20 zraven7

• 1,207 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 23 May 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

Garth replied in the official Sarah thread and someone mentioned a hero jenner and he said "good idea." So, probably a donation and mech or something will occur.

That's good, but I'm not ok with "probably".

I'm still sitting at my desk at work, thinking about that poor man and his lost daughter, and my own daughter. I haven't cried in years, and I'm trying my darndest not to now.

I want PGI to know we are behind this, as a community.

For this, we drop arguments, disagreements, and any other petty difference.

A little girl died, and she deserves to be remembered.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users