#21 James DeGriz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 374 posts
  • LocationRainham, Kent UK

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:25 AM

[REDACTED]

A small percentage of the playerbase who continually whine like so many entitled children is not representative of "everyone".

Kudos to you PGI - I can see why you listen to that silent majority now.

Edited by Destined, 28 May 2013 - 11:57 AM.
Quote clean up

#22 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

View PostHaniwa, on 24 May 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:

Duke Nukem 3D
Unreal Tournament
Quake Arena
BioShock
Battlefield
DeusEx
Starsiege Tribes
Perfect Dark
Blood
Postal 2
Shadow Warrior

Wasn't sure if I should mention Shadow Warrior and Duke, though they did cross my mind. Tribes was okay because mmmm Julia. Although the story reminded me a bit of:

#23 Shumabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:24 AM

That is some impressive bribery. This game doesn't yet deserve a top 100 listing given the ludicrous number of technical, conceptual, feature, and balance issues it has. PC gamer takes cash for scores and press though, so it's no surprise that it could be listed there.

View PostProphanity, on 24 May 2013 - 03:17 AM, said:

I was about to ask who's d!ck have they been sucking to get such good press, considering how disenfranchised everyone seems to be.

IGP probably payed for the listing. The game doesn't even have a release candidate for review, it should have been precluded from the list by default, let alone left off it because it doesn't deserve to be there.

#24 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

Congrats, PGI!

It's always nice to be recognized for your hard work, and you guys/girls deserve it!

#25 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

Number 19 and still in beta not bad.

#26 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

Yes, I saw that when I got my copy in the mail last night. Congratulations. MWO, #19, OF ALL TIME. :D

#27 Springbok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 107 posts
  • LocationVêr in die ou Kalahari...

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostHarmAssassin, on 23 May 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

Wow, the author of that article obviously has never played first person shooters.

Let me guess....MW?

I for one are glad this game is not your run of the mill MW of BF clone the sheeple are so fond of. So yeah, this game ranks high on my list of games since I started PC gaming in 1990.

#28 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

Top 25 is an exaggeration, but it's still hilarious to see the haters squirm over the fact that others still like the game.

#29 Greyfyl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 24 May 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Top 25 is an exaggeration, but it's still hilarious to see the haters squirm over the fact that others still like the game.

And how much time do you really think the people at PC Gamer have spent playing MWO? MWO has some wonderful aspects that can be impressive in the short term, but it quickly loses it's luster once you have hung around for any fair amount of time.

#30 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

View PostGreyfyl, on 24 May 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

........but it quickly loses it's luster once you have hung around for any fair amount of time.

For you, maybe....I'm still having a blast.

#31 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 24 May 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Yeah, roughly 10 thousand others. This game beat games like half life and deus ex which are contestants for the best games ever produced, not just first person shooters and which have literally thousands of times as many fans as this buggy fake-release game.

This.
Is.
Payed.
For.

Not earned

#32 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

View PostShumabot, on 24 May 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

This.
Is.
Payed.
For.

Not earned

Or, you know, the editor might be biased... B)

#33 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

Well, good for PGI for getting good press, but.... *ACbullcarpHoooo!*

#34 zraven7

• 1,207 posts
  • LocationDuluth, Georgia

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

The community needs this publicity. This is spiffy as anything.

#35 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

View PostAdridos, on 24 May 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

Or, you know, the editor might be biased... B)

It's PC gamer, the editor is biased towards the check their holding company received from IGPs promoters.

View PostThontor, on 24 May 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

Speak for yourself. I have been playing for 10 months and still I would rank this as one of my top 10 games that I have played of any genre.

Of course, there's a lot of popular games out there I haven't played, the woes of a tight budget.

That's the problem with blowing your savings on foundersing an unreleased game by an unproven company. You're forced to bite the bullet and play it forever so you don't look like you regret the decision.

#36 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostFabe, on 23 May 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

Wounder how long until the haters come in and accuse PGI of bribing PC gamer for a good review

They aren't bribing anyone, they just have good relations. MWO gets good press, and in return PCG gets exclusive interviews.

#37 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostChavette, on 24 May 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

They aren't bribing anyone, they just have good relations. MWO gets good press, and in return PCG gets exclusive interviews.

That's... Wrong. MWO gets virtually no press and when it suddenly appears in a top 25 all time list while replacing games with fanbases in the hundreds of millions it means they're buying their placement. PC gamer is about as far from having journalistic integrity as the the Chinese State news agency and they've been getting worse and worse as they lose subscribers.

#38 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

View PostShumabot, on 24 May 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

It's PC gamer, the editor is biased towards the check their holding company received from IGPs promoters.

That's the problem with blowing your savings on foundersing an unreleased game by an unproven company. You're forced to bite the bullet and play it forever so you don't look like you regret the decision.

You can't possibly be suggesting that everyone who enjoys the game blew their savings on it and are now forced to play it because they can't afford anything else. That has got to be the most ridiculous statement I've read on these forums since I've been here. Somebody may have posted something more ridiculous, but it just doesn't spring to mind.

#39 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostBilbo, on 24 May 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

You can't possibly be suggesting that everyone who enjoys the game blew their savings on it and are now forced to play it because they can't afford anything else. That has got to be the most ridiculous statement I've read on these forums since I've been here. Somebody may have posted something more ridiculous, but it just doesn't spring to mind.

Anyone who has been playing this game solidly since closed beta without getting burnt out and getting mad at it's multitude of severe issues likes the game for reasons that aren't based on the game itself. You just said you couldn't afford other games and yet you spent an amount of money on this one that would have gotten you an easy 14 AAA steam titles with your gold tag alone, ignoring the truck full of MC and heromechs you've probably purchased.

Edited by Shumabot, 24 May 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#40 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

View PostShumabot, on 24 May 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

That's... Wrong. MWO gets virtually no press and when it suddenly appears in a top 25 all time list while replacing games with fanbases in the hundreds of millions it means they're buying their placement. PC gamer is about as far from having journalistic integrity as the the Chinese State news agency and they've been getting worse and worse as they lose subscribers.

For me, honestly, they can do whatever they please, they could spend half their money bribing sites, I wouldn't mind, if the game is great.

Edited by Chavette, 24 May 2013 - 10:14 AM.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users