Incoming Hot Fix - 24/05/2013 (Updated!)

436 replies to this topic

#241 Dude42

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostFirenze, on 24 May 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

Im liking it much more, Im actually able to take cover now without fear of consistent hits.

Great. That must mean the poptarts are back. I'm not even gonna try it.
Edit: I just looked at your post history. You are a poptart, and you are happy. Go back to CoD. I quit the game.

Edited by Dude42, 24 May 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#242 Old Mechdonald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

I would to see the anti missile (AMS) be increased tremendously so we could have a chance against the barrage of multiple LRM's. What the problem with that?

[color=#959595]I would like to see the anti missile (AMS) be increased tremendously so we could have a chance against the barrage of multiple LRM's. What is the problem with that? [/color]

#243 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostOld Mechdonald, on 24 May 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

I would to see the anti missile (AMS) be increased tremendously so we could have a chance against the barrage of multiple LRM's. What the problem with that?

So you want a 1.5 ton system (with ammo) to start negating multiple LRM launchers, that can weigh 5-6 times that with ammo?

Really? I can't tell if you are being sarcastic? Because we already have something similar called ECM.

Are you really so incapable of seeing the missile warning AND watching the missiles fly towards and get behind some cover or torso twist?

Good lord.

#244 Firenze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostDude42, on 24 May 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

Great. That must mean the poptarts are back. I'm not even gonna try it.
Edit: I just looked at your post history. You are a poptart, and you are happy. Go back to CoD. I quit the game.

Hey, I enjoy using PPCs. I started by using a K2 actually. I just recently got introduced to the Pracht by a friend, and I enjoy playing with it.

And please do not compare MWO to the travesty that is CoD. And mate, I looooove my brawls~

#245 Niconofune

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

Yes, the crowd crying noobs is a deadly force .. deadly for gameplay. Although of course it's not so much the result of crying newbies, but sobbing people addicted to poptart playstyle. Yes, now you can continue to disfigure this game.

Despite played 200+ games in this week, I used my LRM boat 3-4 times, and did not find it OP. What's worse I did not find it of interest to play, but at least i was not felt useless when sat in it.
But after LRM boost quantity of jump-shooting-freaks become much less then, just enough to stop enrage me. And it was worth it to find 1.5 tonnes for AMC, and seek shelter higher, and a little bit longer assess the situation before stick your neck out.
Now it looks like everything will be as before. sad.

*but^hurt mode off*

Edited by Niconofune, 24 May 2013 - 10:50 AM.

#246 TheSteelRhino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 600 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

View PostDude42, on 24 May 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

If you can explain to me how that atlas wades through 5 of ANY MECH I'll consider your point. I pretty much feel like if 5 people are shooting you, you deserve to die. No matter what they're shooting you with. Hell, 5 lights decked out with all MGs could core the same Atlas before it walked 180 meters. What, exactly, is your point here? I never said go Rambo style straight down the middle in plain view of everything.

My point is this. Unless you are dropping with a group, it's very unlikely that your PUG types are going to work together well enough to maneuver vs a premade that is running the LRM build like this.

OF COURSE it is easy to beat. But I am not just talking about maneuvering in and getting a kill or something..I'm talking about WINNING the match. Even IF an atlas uses terrain at 50 some odd kph It takes a LONG time for those mechs to maneuver to within a couple of hundred meters. Assuming they don't get spotted and hammered.

I'm not going to continue to debate this. B/c to be honest you are now just diverting away from the original discussion.

I hear what you are saying...and I disagree...along with a lot of other folks based off the posts here. Why don't you play it and try it before you start complaining.

#247 Firenze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

View PostNiconofune, on 24 May 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

Yes, the crowd crying noobs is a deadly force .. deadly for gameplay. Although of course it's not so much the result of crying newbies, but sobbing people addicted to poptart playstyle. Yes, now you can continue to disfigure this game.

Despite played 200+ games in this week, I used my LRM boat 3-4 times, and did not find it OP. What's worse I did not find it of interest to play, but at least i was not felt useless when sat in it.
But after patch quantity of jump-shooting-freaks become much less then, just enough to stop enrage me. And it was worth it to find 1.5 tonnes for AMC, and seek shelter higher, and a little bit longer assess the situation before stick your neck out.
Now it looks like everything will be as before. sad.

********* mode off*

Actually I've been playing a decent few matches already and the LRMs are way more useful than they were before the buff, but they also arent stupidly powerful either. Before the hotfix they were ripping mechs asunder left right and centre.Now they are balanced, and still very very useful.

#248 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

Hey, the damage to CT was overwhelming. In an STK-5S using cover with 2 AMS I was still LRM'd down because of the flight pattern and broken splash damage. Then changed to fast mediums and kept ramming down LRM boats. That was kinda fun, but doesn't change the fact that LRM were BROKEN.

#249 Dude42

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostFirenze, on 24 May 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

Actually I've been playing a decent few matches already and the LRMs are way more useful than they were before the buff, but they also arent stupidly powerful either. Before the hotfix they were ripping mechs asunder left right and centre.Now they are balanced, and still very very useful.

But, are the poptarts back?

#250 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostIV Amen, on 24 May 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

Then changed to fast mediums and kept ramming down LRM boats.

Why not try a 300XL Trebuchet? Heheh... Gotta be 100+ to run that one down. I've been using that one recently since I got it on sale, and it can be useful... but it's a real one-trick-pony. Anything it can do can be done better by a Dragon, Catapult, or Hunchbacks EXCEPT running very fast with 2xLRM15. That's the trick. You gotta move fast to hit them from the side when they think you're coming from the front; you should proactively by-pass their cover, instead of looking for an opening.

If you strike from the side, then any change in descent angle has no real effect on your effectiveness.

View PostDude42, on 24 May 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

Just wait for the Reticule Shake; it'll hamper Aerial Sniping and make things more tolerable.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 24 May 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#251 Zany

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

I've almost exclusivly played Atlases, Hunchbacks, and Ravens since I started playing this game 2 months ago.

Not one single mech has had jumpjets, ppcs or LRMs.

This weeks' LRMapocalypse has been a billion times more annoying than any ppc+gauss poptart.

#252 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

View PostDude42, on 24 May 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

As evidenced by the sheer amount of LRM mechs before we fully realized the bugs. I think it's evident most people don't like poptarting and were ITCHING to move to something else.

I bet that when they fix SRM's you'll see a brawling shift too.

#253 Old Mechdonald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

thanks for fixing this right away!!!!!. And I think the AMS should be pumped up even more. It'll be raining death as it is now. Effective AMS would really mean a lot. It would mean it would be de rigueur for building mechs but we would have some breathing room.

#254 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

yea, this hot patch was just a poptart appeasement . LRM's are supposed to be a support weapon that can counter poptarting. You cant counter a LRM alone, most whiners here are loners that go at it alone. You counter LRM's with your team, but seems that poptart tears and cries work just as well. Missile arch was ok now, and damage is still not normal. LRM20 is supposed to do 20 damage. I don't know why LRM's are being singled out. Why don't we start crying and PPC's will do 6-7 damage instead of 10, or an AC10 that does 6. LRM is a support weapon for fast movers up front, you coordinate and win, this is how its supposed to be. Im sure that in a real world scenario, the poptarters would ask for a missile cruiser to be within range of the enemy for its support to be fair.

View PostOld Mechdonald, on 24 May 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

thanks for fixing this right away!!!!!. And I think the AMS should be pumped up even more. It'll be raining death as it is now. Effective AMS would really mean a lot. It would mean it would be de rigueur for building mechs but we would have some breathing room.

Lets just remove LRM's and have you go at it counterstrike style

#255 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 24 May 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

So you want a 1.5 ton system (with ammo) to start negating multiple LRM launchers, that can weigh 5-6 times that with ammo?

Really? I can't tell if you are being sarcastic? Because we already have something similar called ECM.

Are you really so incapable of seeing the missile warning AND watching the missiles fly towards and get behind some cover or torso twist?

Good lord.

#256 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

And I think the AMS should be pumped up even more.

AMS should be completely removed. It makes a single missile launcher useless and further encourages boating instead of fun and balanced builds. I don't understand why we even have it. There's no anti systems against other weapons, are there?

#257 Firenze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

View Postarghmace, on 24 May 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

AMS should be completely removed. It makes a single missile launcher useless and further encourages boating instead of fun and balanced builds. I don't understand why we even have it. There's no anti systems against other weapons, are there?

Are you actually high or just.. ignorant.

#258 Dude42

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

View Postarghmace, on 24 May 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

Dude, I want an APS. B)
Edit: Just in case thats unclear...Anti-PPC System

Edited by Dude42, 24 May 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#259 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

View PostAztecD, on 24 May 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

yea, this hot patch was just a poptart appeasement .

I am not a poptart driver and I support this hotfix, therefore your argument is invalid.

Lets just remove LRM's and have you go at it counterstrike style

Over-react much?

#260 Thorqemada

• 6,376 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

Right - LRM are the only weapon in need to be boated as small Launchers are exponentially weaker bcs of the Missile Defense.
A SL, a MG, a SRM or SSRM, any other weapon will allways do its damage, a small LRM salvo will be shot down.

Edited by Thorqemada, 24 May 2013 - 11:15 AM.

25 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users