Incoming Hot Fix - 24/05/2013 (Updated!)

436 replies to this topic

#361 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

yea LRM have as much damage as a wet paper towel now

#362 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

PGI. I love MWO, but you need to get your stuff together with this. I don't even want to know what you will do to ATM and ArrowIV

#363 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostAztecD, on 24 May 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

Dude...just got rolled by an LRM heavy team...your argument is invalid.

#364 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 24 May 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

For those complaining about light mechs and splash damage...go try to hit one with LRM's.

It doesn't seem to work. Ever. Unless they stop moving. Ever seen a stopped light? Me neither.

I haven't played post-hotfix yet, but I can distinctly remember numerous times pre-hotfix where I held my Treb's TAG on a fleeing light at varying distances and they got ROFLCORED by my team's Lurmboats.

#365 DarkBringer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 233 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOneida, Kentucky, USA , Earth

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

The hotfix has nerfed the lrms again to the point of being useless unless someone has tag. The ac2 does way more damage. Seems if the LRM lock is screwed also. Geeze can you all not fix anything right??? Another PGI brain fart to push out crap! No weapon balance at all... Makes it real hard to sell this game to your friends.

#366 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 24 May 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

Rabble rabble rabble!! :D

Splash damage was reduced from 1.8m to 0.05m. That's 180cm to 5cm.

CT is taking more damage than the rest of your components why? Because the CT is the largest part of a BattleMech. It's going to take the most hits out of a volley of missiles. The missiles are not told to target any part of a Mech, they're told to get into position and follow that path from start to finish. If your target turns their torso 90 degrees from incoming missiles, they're going to lose an arm before they get cored.

Hi Paul,

Refer to my post:
http://mwomercs.com/...s-commando-100/

It seems Streak only hit the Commando in the CT an no where else and the commando can takes 3 times more Streak hits in the back than in the front CT ???

Are you sure this is normal ?

#367 hillwaytop

• PipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

honestly really dont care about getting occaionally roasted by missles, usually due to my over aggresive piloting anyhow. what i do mind is the broken state of game play post 21st patch, rarely get to see a match to completion due to disconnect to login screen. PLEASE for the love of god address this! an unplayable game is far more important than a few unbalanced weapons....

Edited by hillwaytop, 24 May 2013 - 10:53 PM.

#368 StandingCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 24 May 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

Rabble rabble rabble!! :blink:

Splash damage was reduced from 1.8m to 0.05m. That's 180cm to 5cm.

CT is taking more damage than the rest of your components why? Because the CT is the largest part of a BattleMech. It's going to take the most hits out of a volley of missiles. The missiles are not told to target any part of a Mech, they're told to get into position and follow that path from start to finish. If your target turns their torso 90 degrees from incoming missiles, they're going to lose an arm before they get cored.

So, people just need to learn to torso twist, use cover, and AMS is what you are saying? :D

Expecting people to learn is unacceptable in today's video game market, you have to freeze the LRMs mid flight, have a popup message in the mech stating that, "torso twisting will ensure that some LRMs hit your arm instead of your CT" then not allow the player to continue until they twist their torso.

#369 Pando

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:58 PM

I came back from a long break, almost two full months I've not played more than 30 minutes at a time maybe one day a week. I came back this patch to play with catapults. I had a blast, enjoyed playing for 6 hours straight. I patched today, dropped for 30 minutes and played approximately 5 games. I finished at the bottom of the board every time. I didn't do near enough damage for my effort. I felt like a waste of space.

Dropping 9 tons of LRM ammo onto targets in the open on alpine watching them cross wide gaps from cover to cover eating salvo after salvo and escaping unscathed just....I'll enjoy another break.

#370 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:01 AM

Double the LRM damage on Tuesday to see what happens :D

#371 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:12 AM

Buff LRMS to 1.0 damage and they will be right where they should be and then make SRMs useful again. SRMS need a damage buff to about 2-3 per missile, they also need a slightly tighter spread and much lower splash damage.\

Edited by Ed Steele, 25 May 2013 - 12:13 AM.

#372 Carlhosan

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

THIS:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/LRM
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/LRM-20

#373 xfreddo

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMilan, Italy

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:34 AM

View PostAvi8tor, on 23 May 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

Why do you guys monkey around with so many things anyway? You can not satisfy everyone all the time and trying to do so is ruining the game. There will always be someone to whine about something...whatever weapon people start using and getting good at you guys nerf it because of the whiners....well, I have news for you, they will never go away, but your client base will....keep it up till you ruin the game.....because from what I can tell, the only ones who get any consideration are the ones who suck....get good at something and your screwed over at the next patch......Pathetic...

Good in what? launching LRM??? my dear, THIS is really pathetic... in my opinion. instead i'd like to say thanks to devs for the bugs patches that really made the game more enjoyable.

#374 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:40 AM

Hey Paul, when I'm using LRM's since the hotfix I've been seeing two things happening a lot.

If a target is moving, my LRM's will path down at a 90 degree angle right before impact and miss.

I'm also seeing a lot of jerky movement towards the end of the flight where the LRM's will suddenly shift over to the left, then drop down.

It's causing a lot of missed damage as far as I can tell.

#375 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

View Postarghmace, on 24 May 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

JJ shake might help but I cannot stress enough that we need more proper brawl weapons. AC20's are good for sure but generally speaking the snipe weapons (PPC's and Gausses) do not suffer enough disadvantage in close quarters since many short range weapons are just crap at the moment. I mean especially SRM's and small pulse lasers and medium pulse lasers to some extent as well. These weapons should rock the snipers if they get close, but now they do not.

I like how this man thinks: Give us the tools to fight with, instead of trying to take someone else's. It's like the majority of you can't think anything but, "nerf this and nerf that!" All weapons should be viable, regardless if it clashes with your favored playstyle.

Edited by StalaggtIKE, 25 May 2013 - 06:18 AM.

#376 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostAztecD, on 24 May 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

could be worse, it could hit like a flamer/MG

#377 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

View PostDeaconW, on 24 May 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

Dude...just got rolled by an LRM heavy team...your argument is invalid.

Just because you lost once does not mean that LRM's are ok

#378 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

View PostOmni 13, on 25 May 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

could be worse, it could hit like a flamer/MG

I don't know what game you guys are playing but I have used and have had LRM's used against me in multiple matches since yesterday....they are definitely being used effectively.

View PostAztecD, on 25 May 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

Just because you lost once does not mean that LRM's are ok

Except the argument was that they were "like a wet paper towel"...

#379 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostDeaconW, on 25 May 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

I don't know what game you guys are playing but I have used and have had LRM's used against me in multiple matches since yesterday....they are definitely being used effectively.

Except the argument was that they were "like a wet paper towel"...

It should not take me 4 tonnes of A-LRM ammo on a stationary awesome to kill it.

#380 Nightcrept

• 1,050 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Some of you need to do the math of how much damage per ton of ammo lrms deal.
Then the draw backs that lrms have compared to other munitions.

If you really do not want lrms in the game because it ruins your specific play style then just own up to is like men.

But the fact is that other then the arc of the lrms they are still pathetically weak. I can't remember the last time I died to lrms. When I see a lrm boat I dance with glee and kill it.

I use almsot all types of mechs other then the poptarts (just too cheap for me). NO mech and I mean no mech that I have played it easier or harder to play in this game unless there is a balancing issue that needs fixed. Lrm's are not easy to use unless you're using a stalker boat.

STALKER is the problem as well as other boaters above 40 tubes. Limit or penalize ultra boating and then we can balance the lrms.

All this patch does is castrate all lrm uses other then the ultra boaters.

67 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 67 guests, 0 anonymous users