142 replies to this topic

#1 Monky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

Cored 1 BJ with 2x LRM15 + artemis, little damage to any other section - 4 volleys

Second BJ cored with 4x Streak2, same situation. These where in live and in the same game post patch. - about 10 volleys

Pathing does seem better on LRM.

PGI, just remove the splash and have missiles lock on to individual sections of the mech rather than 'center of mass'. It's the only fix. Just do it.

Edited by Monky, 24 May 2013 - 09:57 AM.

#2 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

it's not the missiles, it's the BJ's cardboard armour. carry on.

#3 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

No, the problem is splash pushing damage to CT. There where no other sections damaged beyond yellow on either of the mechs.

Stop being obtuse - this is a real problem and needs to be fixed.

#4 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

if the mechs took the volleys to the face, it will center on the CT. if the mech twists and takes the volley to an arm, that is what will be hit.

#5 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

They where not standing still, but in combat. There was plenty of twisting and turning.

Guys - stop making excuses - go test it. It's still right there same as it was before. I've been in since closed beta and know how to test this stuff.

Edited by Monky, 24 May 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#6 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

LRM's still feel good to me.
Good Job PGI not totally nerfing them.
Rocketeers Unite!

#7 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostMonky, on 24 May 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

They where not standing still, but in combat. There was plenty of twisting and turning.

Guys - stop making excuses - go test it. It's still right there same as it was before. I've been in since closed beta and know how to test this stuff.

So if it's so easy to test why isn't PGI fixing it? Working as Intended? If you know how to test, PGI should know how to test, so PGI knows about this. So it will be fixed or not, doesn't need anyone else to do so if it's so obvious no?

#8 Unbound Inferno

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

The missile fix is in place, the splash is more around - but still does have a healthy dose hit the CT when you fire enough. The CT damage is down and spread around - but I did notice in the last few matches I was dealing alot of front-side damage where I could have sworn the missiles were being received on the back.

#9 DerSpecht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 365 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

View PostMonky, on 24 May 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

Obvoiusly u dont.

2xALRM15? 4 Volleys? with BJ 20 ton Armor? 10 volleys of 2xSSRM? What do you want? Missiles to be less useless than MGs?

#10 I am

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

If one volley of my LRM 50 should be enough to one shot a moving raven, then everything is working as intended comrades, move along. B)

#11 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Good lord, the responses in this thread.

The fix PGI pushed was in part to resolve the CT going out on internals while the rest of the mech still has yellow armor. The splash damage is still rolling tons of damage to the CT, and the patch was ineffective at addressing it.

2nd game - same situation

engaged 2 Atlai with 4x Streak SRM2, they lost their CT first with armor still on every other portion except in one case where a friendly was wailing on the left side of one of them.

Engaged a cicada, trebuchet, raven3l, Cat-K2, all died to CT coring under missile fire with armor remaining in almost all locations. Cicada had some incidental arm damage before he was engaged.

Firing solution was more varied this time as I engaged at multiple ranges against targets except the Atlai who only took SSRM fire.

****'s broke still.

Edited by Monky, 24 May 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#12 Kitane

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

4 volleys of LRM30 on a single 45t medium mech with paper armor, already engaged in combat and possibly damaged by someone else as well?

Seems fine.

Btw. both LRMs and Streaks are targetting random torso points since...December?

#13 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostKitane, on 24 May 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

4 volleys of LRM30 on a single 45t medium mech with paper armor, already engaged in combat and possibly damaged by someone else as well?

Seems fine.

Btw. both LRMs and Streaks are targetting random torso points since...December?

It's not that he's dying in x number of volleys - it's that he is dying to CT damage while everything else is pretty much untouched. The game where I nuked those blackjacks had 111 total damage. They where not stock configurations either.

Also, the TORSO spread may work - however it needs to be expanded to track arms/legs as well.

Additional also - they were engaged in combat - BY ME. I am not including fights where others are involved for test cases unless specifically stating that and what they damaged.

Edited by Monky, 24 May 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#14 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

It's not about the damage.
It's not about the effectiveness or the time to kill.
It's about where the damage is being dealt.

PGI doesn't want LRMs and SSRMs dealing all or even most of their damage to CT.

My personal suggestion is to split missile volleys into packs of 5 and have each pack seek out a single hit location, somewhat like the streaks are supposed to be doing. Of course this will only work when splash is completely removed.

#15 DerSpecht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 365 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

So? Guess what? I hat My DDC cored by LRM too. Arms, shoulders and legs still had armor. But some 6xPPC stalker hit me CT before the LRM swarm arrived.

#16 Zaptruder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 716 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

Was in the BJ that got killed by Monky in the first game. I was literally turned with my back facing towards him while a lot of the missles still hit my front CT.

Also, took out my LRM/SSRM catapult, and the main thing I noticed was that the missiles stopped tracking upon relock.

Which kinda sucks. Really badly.

Also noticed that all the cheese eaters have instantly switched back to their PPC alpha tards.

#17 Unbound Inferno

• 1,168 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

I would assume the solution could just be have the damage dealt where the missiles hit instead of relying or using a splash damage formula.

#18 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Not refuting your assessment... But I just ran 4 matches with my support Centurion (EPPC + Art 20 LRMs) 2 kills and lots of damage points... and each killed Mech has dispersed damage (not specifically CT)

All I can think of is vector engagement? I'm guessing if your missiles are hitting the target head-on there will be a higher propensity to nail the CT?

#19 DerSpecht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 365 posts

View PostZaptruder, on 24 May 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

Also, took out my LRM/SSRM catapult, and the main thing I noticed was that the missiles stopped tracking upon relock.

.. erm.. WHAT?!

#20 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostDerSpecht, on 24 May 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

.. erm.. WHAT?!

I just got 2 teamkills with LRMs... it could be a possibility as I was showing locks but they where interupted by what I can only assume to be BAP/ECM dueling. Given they seemed to be rotating around eachother in a circle, but I didn't have visual.

Edited by Monky, 24 May 2013 - 10:32 AM.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users