Missile Fix Not Working

142 replies to this topic

#21 MrDrunkenMaster

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

Missile path is still @orbital bombardment angles, slightly better, but still negating most cover. Launch path is still incredibly high making it too easy to hide and rain death. CT coring still happening, just killed 3 like this. Conclusion : Fix inoperative.

#22 Monky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

Engaged Jaegermech with yellow-orange CT/LT/RT armor, solo fought the rest of the fight with him. CT cored - no other sections opened. Used streaks and LRMs. He did almost take my right ear off.

#23 Multitallented

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 697 posts
  • Locationright behind you (figuratively)

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

I patched, launched in my A1, proceeded rack up 3 kills and win by only doing damage to the CT using LRMs and SSRMs. I then quit because PGI failed to fix the underlying problem.

Edited by Multitallented, 24 May 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#24 Kitane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostDerSpecht, on 24 May 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

.. erm.. WHAT?!

Missiles used to reacquire their target if you lost the lock mid-flight and reacquired it before they hit the land. But it worked only if you had a valid lock on that target when you fired them. Firing them in dumb fire locked them in dumb fire mode for the whole flight.

That often led to rather entertaining sudden reversals in their flight path, up to 90 degree turns if just moment before hitting ground.

It would be shame to see this gone...

#25 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

View PostMonky, on 24 May 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

Cored 1 BJ with 2x LRM15 + artemis, little damage to any other section - 4 volleys

Second BJ cored with 4x Streak2, same situation. These where in live and in the same game post patch. - about 10 volleys

Wait... so you fired FOUR volleys of 2 LRM 15's at a 45 ton mech, and cored it out.
Is there something wrong with that? You hit it with 120 LRM's. A 45 ton mech is supposed to die if you hit it with such a huge number of missiles.

Likewise, you fired 10 volleys of 8 streaks at a 45 ton mech and cored it out... That's 80 SRM's, dude. That's supposed to kill something.

If you could hit a medium mech with 120 LRM's and NOT kill it, then that would mean LRM's could essentially be ignored. Same with streaks.

#26 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

I like the idea of missles going after one body part say missle 1 arm, missle 2 head so on and so forth. If they miss they miss but at least thats where the inital target is. Never really see lerms hit the legs.

#27 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

Keep in mind it could be the patch didn't roll correctly - I'm not blaming PGI here I just want it fixed.

#28 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostRoland, on 24 May 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

Wait... so you fired FOUR volleys of 2 LRM 15's at a 45 ton mech, and cored it out.
Is there something wrong with that? You hit it with 120 LRM's. A 45 ton mech is supposed to die if you hit it with such a huge number of missiles.

Likewise, you fired 10 volleys of 8 streaks at a 45 ton mech and cored it out... That's 80 SRM's, dude. That's supposed to kill something.

If you could hit a medium mech with 120 LRM's and NOT kill it, then that would mean LRM's could essentially be ignored. Same with streaks.

Well hopefully not all the missles hit like SRM's or bullets. Some should in most cases should be missing unless that target is standing still.

#29 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

View PostRoland, on 24 May 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

It is not how many volleys it took to score a kill - it's how the kill was done. What is the point of having sections of armor if everything just goes to the CT? What is the risk of running an XL engine - These things are determined by having fully functioning and properly implemented missile tracking/damage. If I'm taking out maybe an arm or a leg along with the CT and the combat time feels right - no complaints. The issue is it is only hitting the CT with signifigant damage.

Edited by Monky, 24 May 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#30 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostPropagandaWar, on 24 May 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

Well hopefully not all the missles hit like SRM's or bullets. Some should in most cases should be missing unless that target is standing still.

Sure, but still, he fired 120 freaking missiles at the mech.

If the guy wasn't behind cover, then I would expect that mech (a 45 ton medium) to be absolutely ruined, if not dead, after eating 120 LRM's, even if they spread damage around.

View PostMonky, on 24 May 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

It is not how many volleys it took to score a kill - it's how the kill was done. What is the point of having sections of armor if everything just goes to the CT? What is the risk of running an XL engine - These things are determined by having fully functioning and properly implemented missile tracking/damage. If I'm taking out maybe an arm or a leg along with the CT and the combat time feels right - no complaints. The issue is it is only hitting the CT with signifigant damage.

Ok, this is a valid point then, if it wasn't spreading damage around. I thought you were suggesting that 4 volleys of 2 artemised LRM15's shouldn't kill a medium chassis (I think it definitely should).

#31 Svalfangr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

View PostMultitallented, on 24 May 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

I patched, launched in my A1, proceeded rack up 3 kills and win by only doing damage to the CT using LRMs and SSRMs. I then quit because PGI failed to fix anything.

Good dont come back.

We don't need liars in this community.

#32 armyof1

• Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

We're never going to be rid of the CT-focusing damage unless they redo the targeting code completely for tracking missiles so they'll actually target different parts of mechs. Two months ago when they nerfed missiles I thought that was what the devs were working on. Now two months later it seems like they've barely changed a thing. Well except re-introduced the high flying LRMS that dive at you almost vertically that were such a huge success the last time.

#33 Unbound Inferno

• 1,168 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

I dunno. My A1 rolls with 2x15LRM and 4xStreaks, sure I cored out a couple - but I still managed to leg a running Raven in the last match. Damage is spread out, but it does tend to favor front-damage over the back for some reason. Or my targets like looking at the pretty missiles as they flee.

#34 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

Here is the Official Feedback Thread.
http://mwomercs.com/...052013-updated/

If you'd like to mention this to the Developers, then I would suggest following the link and making a stink there B)

Edited by Prosperity Park, 24 May 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#35 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

It must be a case by case basis. I have played the new LRM's and when I take volleys, my Mech always seems to get yellow pretty evenly, this is before any other damage is applied. I do run AMS but have been told that don't matter, so what is a player to think? Some see ALL CT hits, I see pretty even spread over my whole chassis, legs included.

It really makes it hard to understand the actual goings on. I will stick to what I see I guess and LRM's are not OP, but like stated above. Do not get caught standing around when those LRM's come looking for you. B)

#36 I am

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

View Postarmyof1, on 24 May 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

We're never going to be rid of the CT-focusing damage unless they redo the targeting code completely for tracking missiles so they'll actually target different parts of mechs. Two months ago when they nerfed missiles I thought that was what the devs were working on. Now two months later it seems like they've barely changed a thing. Well except re-introduced the high flying LRMS that dive at you almost vertically that were such a huge success the last time.

Nice to know this fail is hard coded into the game.

#37 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

Honestly.. I've been here since Missiles were 640meter range.. and this is by far the BEST they've ever been.

Without Artemis, they have OK accuracy and generally spread all over the mech... WITH artemis.. which is supposed to boost them, they hit around the CT/LT/RT on a mech that isn't moving very fast.

They don't do too much damage, they don't have orbital strike angle, they move quickly enough that I feel I can carry them on other balanced builds without crippling either type's fighting capability.

They still require better cover than directfire weapons, they turn into little demons when assisted by a TAG.

They don't need to be boated to be useful. As a matter of fact, I was in a match (with my mixed load atlas) where the last enemy was hunted down and found by a jenner, and suddenly the sky opened up and missiles rained down from the heavens.. but the biggest actual payload of missiles was mine, at 2 LRM15s.. the rest were all just support weapons.. we had no boats.

I also watched a full barrage of LRMs get annihilated by myself and 2 other mechs with AMS's..

------>The Bottom Line: This is the most balanced missiles have ever been.

#38 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostI am, on 24 May 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

Nice to know this fail is hard coded into the game.

Please present your LRM Flight Coding here first, for Community inspection, before sending it on to the Dev. Thanks. (what a maroon)

#39 Dude42

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

You guys are STILL crying? Maybe this game isn't for you. That's not a bad thing. Not every game was designed to reach every player. You might have more fun in something like Counter Strike or Team Fortress, or maybe Halo. Bye now.

#40 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

Just wow at how completely dense some people are B) The op prolly needs to draw some pictures and hand out candy to get them to understand...

[edit] the bigger problem, apart from that its still broken, is that the splash damage is distributed differently to the chassi depending on their complexity/modeling which makes some mechs even better at getting cored than others.

Edited by Budor, 24 May 2013 - 11:36 AM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users