566 replies to this topic

#101 Lucian Nostra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 24 May 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

As she jumpjets over another obstacle, she sees a quick glimpse of her opponents. The Cataphract rises into the air before her in the distance, letting off an alpha of two ERPPC’s and a Gauss shot, completely passing by her.

This part made me chuckle. Least you guys pay attention to what the bulk of your players are using, now if you'll excuse me I have a 3D to play with 2 erppcs and a gauss rifle!

Edited by Lucian Nostra, 24 May 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#102 Thariel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

<3 luv. nothing more to say

#103 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

YES! YES! YES! Next the Atlas, this baby is a damn favorite of mine. I just wish they give us the BattleMaster, but will Tommy Yune and Harmony Gold let it happen? Hell, no!

#104 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostAdridos, on 24 May 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

VTR-9A1 - A modification of the 9A model, the 9A1 adds only two Machine Guns to the 'Mech for anti-infantry use. The 'Mech has ten tons of armor, making it better protected then the 9A Model and the two Machine Guns allow the 'Mech to have excellent anti-infantry combat capabilities. BV (1.0) = 1,110, BV (2.0) = 1,302 Those machine guns are in side torsoes. :)

Actually, those machine guns are in the legs...

Victor VTR-9A1

Mass: 80 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Introductory
Era: Age of War/Star League
Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/D-E-D
Production Year: 2508
Cost: 7,932,720 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,302

Chassis: Unknown Standard
Power Plant: Unknown 320 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets: Unknown
Jump Capacity: 120 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
1 Autocannon/20
2 Medium Lasers
1 SRM-4
2 Machine Guns
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard 122 points 8.00
Engine: Fusion Engine 320 22.50
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 4 Standard
Jump Jet Locations: 2 CT, 1 LL, 1 RL 4.00
Heat Sinks: Single Heat Sink 15 5.00
Heat Sink Locations: 2 LT, 1 RT
Gyro: Standard 4.00
Cockpit: Standard 3.00
Actuators: L: SH+UA+LA+H R: SH+UA
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 160 10.00

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 25 25
Center Torso (rear) 12
L/R Torso 17 15
L/R Torso (rear) 7
L/R Arm 13 15
L/R Leg 17 20

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SRM-4 LT 3 1 2.00
Autocannon/20 RA 7 10 14.00
2 Medium Lasers LA 6 2 2.00
Machine Gun RL 0 1 0.50
Machine Gun LL 0 1 0.50
@AC/20 (15) RT - 3 3.00
@SRM-4 (25) LT - 1 1.00
@MG (1/2) (100) LT - 1 0.50
Free Critical Slots: 22

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 5 Points: 13
4j 2 2 0 0 4 0 Structure: 6
Special Abilities: SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA, AC 2/2/0

They will obviously get moved unless PGI has made the decision to incorporate leg firing weaponry. The question is, to what location? If PGI is crazy enough and actually split them between the torso locations you could essentially drop the engine rating and mount 3 AC/20's but it would take such severe sacrifices that would make the mech a one trick pony that is easily rendered useless. However, THREE Gauss Rifles with 30 rounds of ammo each on the other had is actually very doable, though it requires the use of an XL engine, Endo-Steel and the lack of a a couple tons of armor.

If they were smart about it they would move both machine guns to a single torso or arm location.

#105 jay35

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

It's no Zeus, but it looks great. I'll take it. :)

#106 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

OK so: traditionally Fed Suns mechs: Blackjack, Centurion, Jagermech, Victor. Draconis Combine: Jenner, Dragon, Catapult K2. Free Worlds League: Trebuchet, Awesome (Missile Carrying Variants at least), Capellan Confederation: Raven, Cataphract. (Though Fed Suns use these a lot also). Lyran Commonwealth: Commando.
It appears the Lyrans lost in the great iconic mech race. While the Commando is certainly a capable mech for it's size, I'm a bit sad that the Lyrans didn't get one of their true loves, an Iconic Lyran Assault mech. Victor will probably be capable, but it's either just a big Cataphract, or a small Highlander in terms of usage. The FedSuns won the Icon race.
Not a bad choice, not an exciting choice I like the look however. I'm expecting that they might put 6 jets capability in at least one of the variants. It's a very mobile assault mech across all variants AFAIK. I believe every single variant ever made has dakka in the right arm as the main weapon. Probably pretty fun ride, especially for Centurion pilots that want mobility but some more oomph.

Edited by verybad, 24 May 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#107 Anyone00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

View PostSennin, on 24 May 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

Actually, those machine guns are in the legs...

They will obviously get moved unless PGI has made the decision to incorporate leg firing weaponry. The question is, to what location?

Posted Image

#108 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

I wish it was a tin of beans,

but the victor is not a bad choice :)

Nice art work by the way

#109 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

View Postjay35, on 24 May 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

It's no Zeus, but it looks great. I'll take it. :)

The Zeus came along later in the Clan invasion iirc.

Also, wasn't the Victor named and used because it was designed by Victor Davion? It was certainly a quality Mech in MW4, hopefully they don't screw it up in MWO.

#110 Uh you havent met Stabem

• Pip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

This might be my first assault mech i would buy when its released :)

A 80ton mech with jumb engines is nice!! + a all-round setup makes it all worth it.

Edited by hellhoundlover, 24 May 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#111 CarnifexMaximus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 397 posts
  • LocationOakland, California Republic, North America, Terra

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

Eh, I'm kinda indifferent at this point. Why the huge wait? With all the secrecy and "you will get it in the next 30 days" sidestepping responses over the last several months.

Right now my thoughts are on trying to make 3 UAC5s work on this thing, providing the HPs let this happen.

#112 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

View PostDrunk Canuck, on 24 May 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

Also, wasn't the Victor named and used because it was designed by Victor Davion? It was certainly a quality Mech in MW4, hopefully they don't screw it up in MWO.

Incorrect on both accounts. The Zeus was already a centuries old design at this time. Iconic Lyran. The Victor was piloted by Victor Steiner-Davion, but that's just coincidental...because it's a popular Fed Suns mech, that's about 500 years old in this era. It's a capable unit, but rather bland IMO.

Edited by verybad, 24 May 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#113 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

View Postverybad, on 24 May 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

OK so: traditionally Fed Suns mechs: Blackjack, Centurion, Jagermech, Victor. Draconis Combine: Jenner, Dragon, Catapult K2. Free Worlds League: Trebuchet, Awesome (Missile Carrying Variants at least), Capellan Confederation: Raven, Cataphract. (Though Fed Suns use these a lot also). Lyran Commonwealth: Commando.
It appears the Lyrans lost in the great iconic mech race. While the Commando is certainly a capable mech for it's size, I'm a bit sad that the Lyrans didn't get one of their true loves, an Iconic Lyran Assault mech. Victor will probably be capable, but it's either just a big Cataphract, or a small Highlander in terms of usage. The FedSuns won the Icon race.
Not a bad choice, not an exciting choice I like the look however. I'm expecting that they might put 6 jets capability in at least one of the variants. It's a very mobile assault mech across all variants AFAIK. I believe every single variant ever made has dakka in the right arm as the main weapon. Probably pretty fun ride, especially for Centurion pilots that want mobility but some more oomph.

While not the essential Lyran icon you were looking for, the Atlas is used most in the Lyran Commonwealth where it sees uninterupted production by Defiance Industries until 3068. So you could say Lyran Commonwealth: Commando, Atlas.

#114 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

View PostDrunk Canuck, on 24 May 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

Zeus was a pre clan mech, though it wouldn't surprise me if there was a Zeus II which did everything twice as good and waxed your car for you at the same time, which miraculously appeared, after the invasion

#115 Ghost Rider LSOV

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 272 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Oh yeah, definitely getting a Victor. :)

#116 Hellzero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

The mech that changed it all for me back in the early 90's when I got in to BT. Victor that everyone despised due to its "low output firepower/weapon slots", but which was able to win in a brawl every mech it stood up with, face to face, in an urban environment(most of the time in my hands).
- On paper it appeared to be quite nothing, but on the field every mechwarrior and their wives have cursed the Victor when it got on the right position.

Victor, Awesome, Mackie & Ymir, These are the only assault mechs that I have ever loved, in this order. First love dies hard...

Edited by Hellzero, 24 May 2013 - 12:22 PM.

#117 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 24 May 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Also, I love to read too deeply into things... :)

Anyone else notice that Mechs that fired their shots while rising into the air always missed, but shots fired from the Apex of a jump were accurate?

Don't hut me, Paul...

LOL, Yes Paul, he actually went there. :(

#118 Mhael

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

It should have been the Devastator....

#119 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostSennin, on 24 May 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

While not the essential Lyran icon you were looking for, the Atlas is used most in the Lyran Commonwealth where it sees uninterupted production by Defiance Industries until 3068. So you could say Lyran Commonwealth: Commando, Atlas.

We (The Draconis Combine) are also heavy users of the Atlas, and everyone has them. My argument was re ICONIC not just often used. The most commonly used mechs overall are non-iconic (Most common Assault mech in the I.S. is probably the Stalker for instance, the Hunchback is common because it's very survivable I(in fluff) and

#120 Khan Ignotus Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 24 May 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

Triple AC/20, here we go! :)

Though the illustration confuses me a bit, the arms look fully actuated, but that doesn't normally work with the AC/20. But the illustration is often misleading in Battletech...

Do not get your hopes up ladies. Triple AC 20 will not be possible on this mech if the developers wish to keep the placement of hard-points canon.
According to this record sheet I have found, the dual Machine guns are apparently located in the legs, one in each. The developers, if they even plan to put this variant out, would have to either implement weapon hard points in the legs or change their location. As you all know, AC 20s have never, and will never fit in the leg of any mech.

(Had to upload two images due to not being able to capture the entire page of the variant all in one).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Khan Ignotus, 24 May 2013 - 12:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users