Please Sort Out The Laggy Lights

9 replies to this topic

#1 Superslicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAlton, hampshire, uk

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Its not bad enough that you choose cqc weapons only to keep getting dumped on a large map, were everyone is now a sniper, ie, long range weapons, with no chance of getting close enough........You then chose long range mechs only to get swamped by 4 or 5 lights with unlimited armor.. no wonder there's still a lot of quits mid game. I thought the laggy lights thing had been fixed?. I pilot a light sometimes, but I don't seemed to last as long as a lot of lights I see in game.

#2 DarkDevilDancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

I hit lights with ballistics quite easily since state rewind came in and they certainly die easier than before, and im in the UK like you it may be on your end and not other peoples whats your ping?

#3 Superslicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

I have just watched a spider get leged, while taking hit after hit, and he was still one of the last mechs standing at the end of the game

#4 JackPoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

Never underestimate the power of Lag clients, seems popular atm, if a players skipping about or you lag when you engage them, chances are they are using a Lag Client.,

#5 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

I didn't want to post anything originally, but I agree that something funny is happening with lights right now. Hitting them with almost full beam duration 8xMlaser blackjack and seeing very little register unless they're completely still.

Also, was nailing a spider with ppcs yesterday and he just ignored me while coring out my left torso. 20 dmg to his side torso is supposed to kill him faster than 15 damage to my side torso.

#6 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

It's less about lag and more about packet loss. Fixes are ongoing.

#7 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostTraining Instructor, on 25 May 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

I didn't want to post anything originally, but I agree that something funny is happening with lights right now. Hitting them with almost full beam duration 8xMlaser blackjack and seeing very little register unless they're completely still.

Also, was nailing a spider with ppcs yesterday and he just ignored me while coring out my left torso. 20 dmg to his side torso is supposed to kill him faster than 15 damage to my side torso.

Sometimes all the hits land as they should, some others the hits seems to miss (happened too against larger targets) i guess is as someone pointed the packet loss issue, but in overall with around 150ping i hardly ever notice too much lag unless figthing lights (but i'm quite accustom to aim a bit ahead since the closed beta)

#8 Superslicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

I have just hit a spider with 18 ER large lasers at close range, ok not all of them proberly hit, but jesus. plus with all the damage a teammate was doing to him, and he still survived..and yes I do run a STK_5s cheese build :huh:

#9 HiplyRustic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

I don't know. I've blown up a couple of lights recently, but; I've also dropped 4 LLas shots on them without any appreciable damage at all and routinely see them survive those coupled with solidly locked 5 SSRM2 volleys. Now it may be just me, but if I unload two of those 5 SSRM2 volleys and a couple of 4 LLas bursts on a light mech shouldn't there be puddles of twisted metal where the exploded and melted down light mech used to be?

Edited by HiplyRustic, 27 May 2013 - 05:22 AM.

#10 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

I shot a running light with a gauss yesterday. The gauss round exploded just like always telling me that I hit him, but he was past the explosion quick and the hit didn't register. That was a bummer, but the only time I noticed it. He was running perpendicular to my line of sight, though.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users