Zombie Centurions & Damage Allocation

106 replies to this topic

#101 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 26 May 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

Yeah, make Mediums even weaker - 2 PPC 1 Gauss can kill each side section of any Medium with 1 good Alpha and each other with 2 Alphas.

This issue isnt just about mediums, mediums were simply the tip that tipped the OP off. I have noticed this problem on many, many mechs, and if what Op indicates is truly the case, then it MUST be fixed.

#102 kesuga7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

This isn't about how strong the Centurion is or isn't

this is a bug and it needs to be fixed regardless (Fixing a bug shouldn't be considered a nerf :\ even if it does degrade durability )
:)

Edit: what would help mediums tho is fixing Hunchie crosshairs, resizing centurion/trenchbucket(slightly to cicada also)

weight matchmaker back ,possibly more incentives to bring mediums or lesser weight mechs in 12vs12 weight match maker (if there is one)
Ect.

Edited by kesuga7, 30 June 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#103 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

Cents are the way they are.

There is no need for them to be perfect. They are hard to kill... that's just the way it is. Concentrate fire more?

Still, nice looking into the situation.

#104 Wolf Headhunter

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

View PostOdins Fist, on 29 June 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

I have run Centurions, and yeah they are hard to kill sometimes, but usually all weapons systems have been knocked out except the center torso energy slot, leaving them only able to deal 9 to 10 damage, and people are affraid of that..?? The Centurion with an XL engine running 98 KPH with a Alpha strike of 19 is a big problem isn't it..??

Just want to point out, when I noticed how "durable" Centurions are, that prompted me to buy one. When I started with my CN9-AL, I could see immediately it was an amazing brawler and mastered Cents. Now I go 98kph with a STANDARD engine with an alpha strike of 38 (4 mlas 2 SRM6). I don't claim these to be extreme numbers, but they are quite a bit different from the stats you listed. I just came out of a game with over 600 damage, the last person alive, at 40% health - I was a zombie for about the last 30% of the game with only my 2 MLas.

Bug or not, these things can soak up some damage, and that's exactly what drew me to them. There is something different about Centurions, I just don't know if it's intentional or a bug.

#105 kesuga7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

i for one gave up shooting centurions (Trenchbuckets too ) on anything but the legs :)

Edited by kesuga7, 15 July 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#106 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

View PostfckinSLAYER, on 15 July 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

Just want to point out, when I noticed how "durable" Centurions are, that prompted me to buy one. When I started with my CN9-AL, I could see immediately it was an amazing brawler and mastered Cents. Now I go 98kph with a STANDARD engine with an alpha strike of 38 (4 mlas 2 SRM6). I don't claim these to be extreme numbers, but they are quite a bit different from the stats you listed. I just came out of a game with over 600 damage, the last person alive, at 40% health - I was a zombie for about the last 30% of the game with only my 2 MLas.

Bug or not, these things can soak up some damage, and that's exactly what drew me to them. There is something different about Centurions, I just don't know if it's intentional or a bug.

I just shoot the legs anymore. I don't care to ever bother with their torso. I see a Cent, I will alpha the legs. I hate the fact that the arms still sit there after being blown off and absorbing damage.

#107 Oni Ralas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 762 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

I run cents all the time now. I started with hunchbacks (and still love 'em) but once I got the hang of the cent, I still pilot them all the time when mediums are on deck. The legs are the points of engagement for sure, the upper half is just so damn durable (even with XLs...). I owned all 4 cent variants until a few days ago when I drunkenly sold my D variant by accident. Yeah, not too happy about that one :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users