Mwo F2P Economy

14 replies to this topic

#1 Regrets

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 382 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

Well, many would point out that the MWO F2P economy is not as bad as WoT or PS2, but I don't play WoT or PS2 exactly because of this. If we look at LoL (yes they have bigger economies of scale for sure) basically everything you can buy is cosmetic. Sure I spent some real$ on LoL and Mwo alike. A few things that are totally atrocious in MWO and are honestly making it where I don't want to play...

1. Selling mechs just doesn't give any money at all. I mean, I have sold probably 2-3 Jenners, a Centurion and a few other others. The mech costs 3million and we get 200k back for selling it? You are encouraging people to not buy mechs (since you can't undo the situation efficiently). This.. is... just... unspeakable. How about I never buy a mech unless I am quite sure it is 3L caliber? That is what you are telling me to do.

2. Heavies and Assaults are just not buyable as a non-premium player. I encourage you PGI, make a new account, buy 2 centurions with your recruit bonus, sell them and then tell me how long it takes you to trail mech into a catapult. If anyone on your team can prove this can be done in thenext week I will give that employee a $100 myself (has to be a dev member.... no testers). I know you won't because you would have to pay them at least $1k for that that weeks time. Do you see now what you are putting your F2P players through?

3. EVERY TRIAL MECH IS TERRIBLE. A monkey with smurfy and a bottle of absinth could design a mech better than these. NOONE CARES IF THEY ARE CANON THEY ARE UNPLAYABLE. Stop denying what every BT fan knows, the old stock configs are terrible. It really sucks so bad that you make me play with trail noobs on my team. They don't understand they can get 1 shot by everything, have 1 ton of ammo AND SINGLE HEATSINKS.

4. Completely remove SHS from the game. There are literally 2 optimal configurations that include SHS in the whole game, the 2D withFF and ES that can't fit DHS, and any cheese build with a 100xl ES FF no armor and boating 6 LL. There is no point in any mech in the game starting with SHS. Truly the most worthless peice of equipment in the game, worse than CASE and that is really saying something.. If you won't do this, then make every mech come with DHS and SHS will be a downgrade. There is no reason for you making people play with SHS, they are strictly inferior in 99.9999999999999999999% of sitauations, the definition of a worthless item.

Im sure you could come with with many more. It is not fun only being able to pilot mediums because it will take me 2 weeks to grind up somethign heavier. I spent some money already, do you want me to spend more? If this game is not really F2P then people won't stay.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

#2 depends on which heavy or assault you're buying. If you're buying one with side torsos too large to use XL engines without dying constantly, then the cost will actually be quite lower or very close to that of an XL mech of a lighter class.

#3 Liberator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

If you make a bad decision with your money then why should someone come hold your hand?
You can make a new account and get that sweet cadet bonus all over again if you did poo poo the first time.

Edit: not to sound bitchy, but you post came across as annoyingly whiny.

I have no opinions about the heat sink issues at the moment, but maybe you should find another thread that is handling the situation and discussing it?

Edited by Liberator, 27 May 2013 - 08:45 AM.

#4 Regrets

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 382 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostFupDup, on 27 May 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

#2 depends on which heavy or assault you're buying. If you're buying one with side torsos too large to use XL engines without dying constantly, then the cost will actually be quite lower or very close to that of an XL mech of a lighter class.

You are making my point for me. GL grinding up a light and XL too. You get one free with your account basically. God bless the noobs who spent their money on the Jenner with an XL. Totally useless for a noob.

View PostLiberator, on 27 May 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

If you make a bad decision with your money then why should someone come hold your hand?
You can make a new account and get that sweet cadet bonus all over again if you did poo poo the first time.

I would summarize this post as 'They had it coming'

#5 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

The mech costs 3million and we get 200k back for selling it?

Used Mechs retail for 50% of their purchase price. Now if you want to strip all the goodies off them before selling, what do you expect you should get back?

#6 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

People have problems making C bills in this game?

#7 RiceyFighter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 608 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

1) Selling mechs is NEVER a good idea. You are better off paying 1 or 2 dollars to buying an extra mech bay. Everytime the metagame shifts, it makes certain mechs viable and others not viable.

2) This statement is COMPLETELY WRONG! I own 18 mechs and all of them were bought with C-Bills with NO PREMIUM! I still have not activated my premium time. I mastered Highlanders, Cataphracts, Centurions, Hunchbacks

3) This is true trial mech sucks. The least sucky is the champion mechs. You get your first mech of any kind within your first 25 games because of cadet bonus. This is suppose to ease the tension.

4) No arguement there.

Tip: If you have trouble making money, why not buy a hero mech. Flame, illia, Highlander are the best chassis to buy.

Edited by RiceyFighter, 27 May 2013 - 09:12 AM.

#8 Aegic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

Most trial mechs work just fine. The problem is probably that they are not optimized for your playstyle.

#9 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

That was a pretty funny read. I also think its funny that PGI fools themselves into thinking that SHS are useful or viable. Other than the 2 you said, completely true, they are a pure downgrade.

Agree/disagree with anything else, but no one in their right mind can think SHS are better than DHS, even the Atlas, the most tons to slots can barely make use of them, and even so, you can change that SHS+low engine->DHS+ENDO+higher engine, for nearly the same cooling, and twice the speed.

View PostAegic, on 27 May 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

Most trial mechs work just fine. The problem is probably that they are not optimized for your playstyle.

Yeah right, they are terrible any founder that hasn't played one doesn't understand. Pick up that trial Jager, and tell me that having light mech armor is acceptable to newer, or even veteran, players.

Edited by ICEFANG13, 27 May 2013 - 09:16 AM.

#10 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

View PostAegic, on 27 May 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

What playstyle are they optimized for?

#11 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

View PostFupDup, on 27 May 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

What playstyle are they optimized for?

Anyone who does not think they are Rambo and understands that there are 7 other players on their team for a GD good reason?

Edited by MaddMaxx, 27 May 2013 - 09:51 AM.

#12 Regrets

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 382 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

Currently the Jenner trail mech is decent (despite that it is a bad mech it is good compared to the others). Every other trial is trash, anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

#13 Diablobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

Every minute you spend playing LoL or PS2 is a minute you are not earning cbills. I had 3 Centurions, 3 Hunchbacks, and 3 Cataphracts before I ever bought my first batch of premium time. I put in the work instead of whining about not getting everything handed to me for free like some entitled child. Even with premium time, it can take quite a while to bank up even enough for a module, much less an assault mech.
Players wanting to buy the whole stable of mechs can spend the money to get them, but the satisfaction from earning the cbills in the game is much more rewarding.

#14 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 27 May 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

Anyone who does not think they are Rambo and understands that there are 7 other players on their team for a GD good reason?

For that specific playstyle, custom builds are better because they're faster, carry more ammo (and in safer places), have more armor, move faster, and can fire weapons without overheating.

Edited by FupDup, 27 May 2013 - 10:17 AM.

#15 BlightFang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 27 May 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

Anyone who relies on chances that 1) the enemy sucks at strategizing more than your team, 2) your enemy has a team member that has a mech that sucks as much as yours, and 3) your allies are better than the enemies(better player skill, better weapon loadouts, better skill trees and modules, etc) as requirements for victory.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users