So, How Are We?

83 replies to this topic

#1 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

We've made a lot of progress, but some aspects are still lacking... I've come to accept that certain issues with regard to patching may be set in stone (as they appear to be caused by the very approach that PGI is taking, which would be incredibly traumatic to change at this stage).

#2 Lokust Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 927 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon, Inner Sphere.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

the game is getting better, especially since the bap buff made non-ecm lights very viable (read: jenner aka favorite mech). canyon is a really well made map and i applaud pgi for it though i think it couldve been better with a more "alien" sky instead of the typical bright blue sky we have on earth.

honestly though, from the way things are going, i dont think pgi can make it into the summer release date. even if they do it'll be a rushed job and a far cry from the community's expectations (read: massive disappointment over CW's implementation).

#3 AntiCitizenJuan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

Rolled a 3F Non-PPC Stalker, after giving up on the Awesome (played them for a good 4 months). I'm now facerolling through matches with ease, and have a 3.9 K/D with it so far. They need to do something to the AWS because it just cant catch a break.

Edited by AntiCitizenJuan, 27 May 2013 - 07:48 PM.

#4 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

Kinda mixed thoughts after the last patch and the hotfix. Maps are awesome and the mechs are good. I'm having fun playing even with the poptarts. I find it challenging to find ways to counter them. Of course there are roflstomps now and then, but I'm not bothered by them.
I am concerned about the Seismic module. That is a wallhack made legal and totally OP destroying any attempts to flank an enemy. Serious nerf is required. If that is not going to happen, I'll equip it to all my mechs because I'm forced to do that to be on par with others. I do not want that.

I am concerned about LRM and SRM. PGI needs to change their mentality and alter the game mechanics for them to work. I'm not seeing that happening soon. And I'm sad. I like the rain.

#5 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

^ The range of the Seismic sensor isn't that great is it?

#6 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

View PostSephlock, on 27 May 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

^ The range of the Seismic sensor isn't that great is it?

400m isn't too shabby.

#7 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

Regardless, 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time even when you get your first alpha strike into an enemy's back, he is just going to turn around and start firing you, so your first shot is wasted anyway. If anything, the enemy having seismic sensors and thus turning around to face you sooner when you flank is a GOOD thing for you :).

* And that's doubly true with engine limits, since you can't just SUPEROMGWTF up-engine your light mech and eternally stay behind a down-engine Atlas.

#8 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

View PostSephlock, on 27 May 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

Regardless, 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time even when you get your first alpha strike into an enemy's back, he is just going to turn around and start firing you, so your first shot is wasted anyway. If anything, the enemy having seismic sensors and thus turning around to face you sooner when you flank is a GOOD thing for you :).

* And that's doubly true with engine limits, since you can't just SUPEROMGWTF up-engine your light mech and eternally stay behind a down-engine Atlas.

Wrong visualization, oh noble one. I gank poptarts in a medium.

#9 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

But do you hide behind them, taunting them with their inability to face you (or face you for more than an instant) :)?

#10 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostSephlock, on 27 May 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

But do you hide behind them, taunting them with their inability to face you (or face you for more than an instant) :)?

Some poor individuals don't have the seismic sensor (I wonder if they actually are blind) and I taunt them and core their back armor them even noticing I'm there, it's kinda sad :rolleyes: Some individuals jumpjet up and down in panic thinking that it would be harder to hit them not realizing that they are making it hard for themselves to hit me :P Some actually know how to play and that makes me glad. Stupid wallhack is still a stupid wallhack.

#11 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

^ Whats your loadout :)?

#12 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

View PostSephlock, on 27 May 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

^ Whats your loadout :)?

:rolleyes:

#13 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

http://bg.battletech...p?topic=21034.0 ?

#14 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

View PostSephlock, on 27 May 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

Isn't that one of your buffed LRMs?

#15 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

Doing great, new map, new mech. Hud and crash bugs have completely vanished for me.

#16 OpCentar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

The game is chronically low on content.

One new mech per month isn't cutting it for diehard players as they can grind that in one-two weeks tops.

It's even worse for casual players who prefer one weight class, they have to wait 3-4 months for something new to arrive.

C-Bills and GXP aren't a problem for anyone but new players. The pendulum swing balancing isn't helping either.

I'm skeptical about the late summer "release", seems more like end of year.

#17 Ghost Rider LSOV

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 272 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

Slow but steady.

I like how I don't have to fight with my HUD bugs, although I might get a CTD here or there.
Also, quite a few poptart/high alpha teams in 8-man fights, since what kills fast is best.
Waiting to see if that will get balanced more.

#18 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

View PostIV Amen, on 27 May 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

:)

Shhhhhh, there are 5 ninja on this page watching us right now :D

#19 Xenophontis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

I used to love this game, for about 3 months. Then it got stale, PGI failed to deliver time and time again and I stopped playing. I play a few matches a week now max. I used to stick up for the game but now I wish I hadn't. If things don't change it's going to fail.

#20 IronChance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 259 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

Still having fun, but I'm frustrated by the lack of CW. The balance issues I can handle, but the lack of meaning behind whether we win a match or not makes each one repetitive and pointless. Many people I used to drop with just aren't around anymore and I think the main reason is they just got bored.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users