83 replies to this topic

#41 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

I'm enjoying it less and less. It seems the last resort for me will be to join a clan at some point.

I really wanted to like this game, and I liked it a lot in the beginning. But man, the last couple of months have taken their toll.

And I'm not very optimistic.

And I'm sorry this was a very negative post. I would have included a funny YouTube video to make it more enjoyable, but Kaeb Odellas would get upset with me.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 03 June 2013 - 01:50 PM.

#42 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 03 June 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

It seems the last resort for me will be to join a clan at some point.

Thinking about the same thing, but on a second thought that could be quite the opposite running with cheese to compete. I love pugging solo, but atm I don't know... Somethings missing. Maybe a break would be in order.

#43 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

I'm still on my break with the game so far. I came back for a few games and not much has really changed on the surface. It still is a random match pew-pew game though I probably have missed a few things here and there. I guess when the Victor and Community Warfare come into the game I'll have something to work for, and then have more to be engaged with. I do still love the feel of a Hunchback and running around in it when I do log in from time to time.

#44 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

Hey, including funny Youtube videos is fine. Posting just a single Youtube video or overused meme because you're so witty and clever? That's annoying.

You really ought to try finding a group to play with on the regular. Winning through coordination, communication, and tactical superiority is quite satisfying, and much more reliable than trying to be a one-man killing machine.

#45 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 03 June 2013 - 02:42 AM, said:

Hey how about we actually respond to statements we disagree with in a constructive manner instead of dropping inane youtube videos and caption memes like the cool guys that we are. We're all cool right?

I generally enjoy my time in MW:O, although some days are certainly better than others. It is incredibly frustrating to roll up against full Highlander poptart lances or games consisting of 75% PPC boats, especially after buying MC.

Hopefully the missile fixes and jump jet shake will help shift the balance a bit soon. I'm not holding my breath though.

You have no idea how hard it was for me to refrain from posting a "U MAD, BRO?" pic here ;).

View PostNeverfar, on 04 June 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

I'm of the same feelings here.

I'm not totally anti-meme. What bothers me is when the meme is a complete substitute for thinking or offering one's own opinion.

I feel the same about those people that think citing a quote some important person said (out of context) for videogame purposes (like using Sun Tzu to justify the boring poptart metagame): stop it.

Ditto for a Sun Tzu quote.

#46 Kidjal

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 28 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

Playing this game for 3 months now and I still love & enjoying this game. Can't wait for more maps, new mech and perhaps...new game mods? Come on dev...more new maps & mech, make Mad Dog (Vulture) mech please, I love that mech from MW4...lol.

Edited by Kidjal, 05 June 2013 - 10:05 PM.

#47 Darkside7777

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:35 AM

Having a blast again now that poptarts are dead. I missed brawling so much, game feels great again now that it's back in. LRMs feel balanced at the moment, which is nice. I find myself wanting to play "just one more game" when it's time to quit, a feeling I've been missing for awhile.

#48 tenderloving

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

View PostSephlock, on 04 June 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

You have no idea how hard it was for me to refrain from posting a "U MAD, BRO?" pic here :).

Ditto for a Sun Tzu quote.

And the Sun Tzu quote is out of context: He was talking about Toaster Strudels but it was mistranslated from the Chinese.

#49 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:18 PM

We're slowly getting there, one step at a time.

I'm still concerned about the set-in-stone-but-clearly-a-bad-idea stuff like MGs and LBX and Flamers functioning the way they do...

That, and the hypersensitivity to whining about anything good or fun.

But still, we're getting there.

Edited by Sephlock, 07 June 2013 - 12:27 AM.

#50 Trufast

• PipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

The last patch made it completely awesome again. Combat is great, the state rewind is finally in for all weapons, and jjs doesn't dominate anymore. You need to take risks to deal heavy damage.

About the seismic sensor, yea it's completely awesome and really strong. In 8 mans it made the engagements a lot more exciting and tactical. Watching the blips on another side of the hill. Pulling back and forth to try to make the other team make a mistake. Setting up ambushes are almost twice as fun with people relying on the seismic.

#51 Whompity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 380 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

I'm still enjoying myself, and slowly becoming more competent, regardless of chassis. Most of that is just not doing blatantly stupid things as often. :)

#52 Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

So,,,, after over 2600 drops I am still fine. Enjoy myself, looking forward. Its almost a year MWO for me now. I like the balancing, the direction all is heading; not quite TT I hear ppl say, but that's the price for a real time Simulator. Roll&DICE have no place here, its the man not the violin.
PGI addresses issues, is listening and caring.
Now, shut up and get me that damn Victor.
:P

Odin

#53 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:02 AM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 27 May 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

Doing great, new map, new mech. Hud and crash bugs have completely vanished for me.

Update; dont see the new map as often as I would like, also spiders make me sick now with the new patch so sad :P

#54 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

Hardly pretty bored, there is just nothing to compete or strive for in this Team based game.

#55 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

View PostOdin, on 08 June 2013 - 02:17 AM, said:

not quite TT I hear ppl say, but that's the price for a real time Simulator. Roll&DICE
Odin

You roll the dice every time you clicked launch. You also roll the dice every time you fire an UAC/5. So rolling dice isn't exactly stamped out yet unfortunately. BT had better 'simulation-esque' things that would be great for this not-quite a simulator mech warrior game.

#56 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 08 June 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:

You roll the dice every time you clicked launch. You also roll the dice every time you fire an UAC/5. So rolling dice isn't exactly stamped out yet unfortunately. BT had better 'simulation-esque' things that would be great for this not-quite a simulator mech warrior game.

we got our old group together for some friday night drops - tried doing eight mans. Rolled the dice like thirty times, got two games. First was a drop of 6 D-DCs, an AC40 jager and a Gauss/PPC 3D Phract. Boy, they must have got lucky with their rolls for random mech assignment!

#57 Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 08 June 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:

Well, UAC5 is one thing, the matchmaker another. I know, happens to me too, some drops are impossible to win, cos of the skill level mix in your group. Newplayers mixed with casuals and experts. I am not saying its perfect, far from that, but its fun, at least for me and IMO its the best Mechsimulator I had in the last 22 years :P Damage models is being worked on constantly, more "physics" will be added over time. PGI is trying to find a good mix. I can't complain. They definitely don't try to dump it all down, but love the "machine-Tank" like experience to be enhanced. If one only looks at UI2.0, you see how much already is in here and more to come over time.
So no "Blackshark2" like simulator but...you know...its a great start.

Cheers
Odin

#58 brraaap

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 20 posts
  • Locationin the sticks georgia

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

I havent played for ever I am patching (45 patches) thats how long i havent played ,i am casual player dont have the time to grind nor the money to pay dunno what a poptart is other than the toaster breakfast confection (cut me slack im 46 years old) used to play mw4 on frikkin game zone and loved it as there was tactical league play with planning, communications, co-ordination,team based fun.dont really want to "drop and pop anything that moves" for as long as i can hold out in 15 mins usually lasts me like 5 mins till im toaster struedel wow epiphany is that a pop tart ?? but non the less i think im going to try it again and see what happens I love the BT thing have pretty much all the books (old BT i.e. stackpole etc. not the new mw stuff well maybe a couple) and no not the tech manuals either nor did i play the board game) Im looking for strategic team based tactical simulation league fun for week ends .and last time i played it was a grind to get xp and c bills to mod mech and skill tree monatany but i guess ill see what the changes have been since the last i played and make a judgement then.

#59 Vercinaigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 325 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

I'm rather unhappy. tiring to see constant nerfs and less buffs, and even less counters added into the game. It makes the game more and more stale and less and less diverse, the constant power creep in the downward direction is making the game much more forgiving of mistakes and a lot less skill and just more boring. If this continues i think people will find this game will only cater to a small crowd of oldies that play MWO for the sake of BT. And most others will simply pass it on...sad...I really want to love this game, as it's so different and can require so many more skills than most others, sadly....it doesn't seem like it's going to be that way, at the rate it's going, better off going turn based.

Rather than constantly nerf things they need to add more of the needed counters into the game, this game is balanced around that since before MWO, instead of nerfing JJ's they should have instead seen how they could improve them to aid brawlers even more, like forward and vertical thrust to close gaps and such, ADD to the game, not take away, this game doesn't have all that much content to be taking away from it all the time...sigh.

Edited by Vercinaigh, 09 June 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#60 Nasty McBadman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationPhilly 'Burbs

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostVercinaigh, on 09 June 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

I'm rather unhappy. tiring to see constant nerfs and less buffs, and even less counters added into the game. It makes the game more and more stale and less and less diverse, the constant power creep in the downward direction is making the game much more forgiving of mistakes and a lot less skill and just more boring. If this continues i think people will find this game will only cater to a small crowd of oldies that play MWO for the sake of BT. And most others will simply pass it on...sad...I really want to love this game, as it's so different and can require so many more skills than most others, sadly....it doesn't seem like it's going to be that way, at the rate it's going, better off going turn based.

Rather than constantly nerf things they need to add more of the needed counters into the game, this game is balanced around that since before MWO, instead of nerfing JJ's they should have instead seen how they could improve them to aid brawlers even more, like forward and vertical thrust to close gaps and such, ADD to the game, not take away, this game doesn't have all that much content to be taking away from it all the time...sigh.

They ADDED the shake to jump jetting.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users