Pre-Made match rules

3 replies to this topic

#1 Worstcat MK-II

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

Forgive me as I am Mechwarrior 3 vet who forever misses that style of game play dearly. This is merely opinion based on that style of play.

I personally loved that games use to be able to set up rules (well in MW3 it was more on faith of trust) before the match. If you wanted to throw yourself into a stock battle against variant mechs you would looks for a C0 game, or if you loved heavy guns look for a C5 game.

I would love to see if you could set up matches that restricted the type of weapon systems available to you much like the C system in MW3, despite it being very much against CBT style of play. There was a lot of animosity between clans in MW3 because some were laser based, others gun based. It let leagues show who was specialized in what areas or just bad *** all around. (This would also limit chassis used, since you can't stick guns on every slot, boating was fun but visually it is a mess. A downside to the idea)

At least at the very least to see a game mode selection that lets only custom variants or only stock variants that mimic close to CBT load outs.

#2 Halfinax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

This isn't going to be a deathmatch game system. Based on the Devs intentions they are going for more of a territory control/conquest or Attack/Defend gameplay style. The servers will likely be divided up by skill level (e.g. beginner, intermediate, advanced, hardcore) as this really would be the only thing that would make sense for a persistent world and team based multiplayer matches.

#3 Sevari

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSpringfield IL

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

I am sure that if this is to be a persistant world, the players will have very little control of the who/what aspect. The where we can pretty much go to any contended area. If they should allow 'private deathmatch' setups, i would think that the options for the setup would at first be very basic in nature.

#4 Worstcat MK-II

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

I was hoping to see a bit of ability to dmc, aside from conquest campaigns. Though it was a lot of fun with planetside, it would be neat to allow a secondary mode to tailor to smaller matches, like private server matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users