• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,597 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

Wow.
"Hey, these things are cheaper now - it's a sale!"

"ANGER AND STUPID THINGS!!! HOW DARE YOU REDUCE PRICES; YOU'RE ASKING FOR 'CHARITY' AND CAN'T MAKE GAMES RIGHT!"

I'd tell you to be ashamed of yourselves, if I thought you had any shame...

/unfollow

#22 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 31 May 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors!
We heard you like sales! We also heard you like Hunchbacks, JagerMechs, and Highlanders! So how to combine these things... hmm... how about a sale on all Cicadas? No that doesn't work.. how about '50% off the cost of the Hunchback 4G, Jagermech S, and Highlander 732?' Sound better? Sadly it does. So that means we're doing it - yep, 50% off the cost of those variants. The 'no side torsos means no weapons right? Nope my headlaser is still firing hahaha' Hunchback 4G? Now 740 . The four AC2 Ja- I mean, the 'Success' 6-S JagerMech? 1042 . How about the 'ohgodlrmsandppcsruuuuun!' Highlander 732? 1807 .
So if you're looking for a great Mech, here is 50% off three fantastic variants.
Details:
  • Hunchback HBK-4G reg. 1480 NOW 740
  • Jagermech JM6-S reg. 2085 NOW 1042
  • Highlander HGN-732 reg. 3615 NOW 1807
Friday May 31st 10:00am PDT
TO
Tuesday June 4th 10:00am PDT
We'll see you on the battlefield!
-The MechWarrior Online Team

How about 50% either purchase style? It would be nice to save some C-Bills too you know!

#23 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

I wanted the highlander. i bought. 50% saves muchos time. :(

#24 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

Ive only paid MC for one mech only cause I didnt want to wait and the price was well worth it at the time but in actuality paying c-bills makes more sense. Honestly are ya gonna pay $30 for a Mech or are ya gonna spend $30 on another game? And why people buy Gewgaws like Statues n such that cost 2 Mechbays worth to buy makes no sense to me. Oh and no Im not paying money for colors either. Thanks to PC Gamer for the 3 Free colors thats all I need. Oh and thanks to PGI for the Hologram one more thing that I will only see every blue moon.

Edited by voodoolou kerensky, 31 May 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#25 SuperBroHeroFella

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • 124 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

You deserve this one. Especially since you are the Kings of meme usage.

Posted Image

#26 Buenaventura Durruti

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 73 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationsomewhere in space

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostMonsoon, on 31 May 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

Yeesh, enough with the QQ. There will plenty of sales for other stuff, sure for many of us a Trial Mech sale isn't of interest, but there are probably plenty of new players who would be very happy for this sale.

so they can learn how to be easy victims ? the jager s is a still birth from the beginning, you CANT fit enough ammo for the hardpoints. sure it´s a fun mech...exactly those 2 minutes until your ammo depletes and you can try to find a calm corner to sit in and suck on your thumb :(

and the highlander...unless you plan to go for the elite skills (which i gave up completly for the next time except the cicada which is sold at a reasonable price AND actually has different versions) i dont see any reason to use it. wow, a gauss....and the rest is exactly half of a badly done stalker fitting.

nah, i stick with my cbills, grind and get grey hairs cause everyone is only rushing for 2 days so he can have a twisting holo in his mech ! and the mc stay where they are, if there wont come any GOOD sales i´ll prefer to let them rot there than signal other players "hey, buy them and use them, this is aaaaawesome!"

when i look at the stuff they "gifted" us (or whatever that is) the facts say one thing : sell rubbish as fast as possible. and if you cant sell it paint it pink and give it a name. THEN they buy it !

#27 80Bit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 555 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

50% off on a mech I really wanted is enough to get my to break my "No buying normal mechs with MC" rule.

#28 Jeru

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCali

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

View PostMason Grimm, on 31 May 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

Puts my wallet away (again)

Well at least it wasn't a big surprise after last week's rather disappointing sale. Not giving PGI my hard earned cash til Heavy Metal goes on sale.

#29 CGB Behemoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 418 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

Is anyone ever buy standart mech for MC? Sure not me!

#30 BladeXXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

omg guys ... for free is not cheap enough for you? the worst customers I've ever seen! -.-

YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPEND ANY MONEY IN THE GAME - SO **** and stop blaming yourself!

btw: would buy the HGN, but no MC left - still waiting for a MC sale... ^^

PlanetSide 2 (EU) has an offer till 1st: 2x ingame cache for same money... that's a deal! :-)

#31 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

How about MC sale?

#32 Vermaxx

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

View PostNinetyProof, on 31 May 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

So ... PGI asking for charity again? Might as well just write PGI a check, then deduct it on my Taxes ... I would get more benefit from the deduction, then from the purchased items.

Hero Mech Sale
MC Sale
Premium Time Sale
GXP Conversion Sale
75% off Color Sales
75% off Camo Sales (spelling fixed)

That's about the list of sales that value minded buyers want ... all else? charity.

All of this.

I'm not buying stock mechs for MC. It doesn't keep PGI in business. I already bought the MC, they don't NEED me to spend it, they NEED me to buy MORE. So far, none of these sales have gotten me to buy more. A sale on MC prices in the 'usual purchase' ranges would probably break me. A MASSIVE color/pattern sale would easily break me. A good sale on hero mechs might break me too.

I'm not using MC for stock mechs, period. Even my Atlases were bought with 'free' cash. Particularly with the fact that for me the game is largely unplayable now, and no patch is happening until their next scheduled upgrade. A good sale and a 'community love hotfix' would go a long way toward breaking open my spending again.

I guess in the meantime I'll continue to pay for WoW and hardly play it. THAT is what you need to get to PGI, a point where we put the game on autopay and still play rarely.

Edited by Vermaxx, 31 May 2013 - 09:49 AM.

#33 Waxon

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

I can see why regular warriors wouldn't be thrilled at this sale.
I can also see how if someone were just starting and had amassed experience in that trial mech, that it is only natural that that would be a good place for them to start shopping.

The rest of us are whiners.

Waxon says hi.

Edited by Waxon, 31 May 2013 - 09:50 AM.

#34 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

I might actually buy something this time. Seems like I have most of the mechs that go on sale (or I don't want them.

The highlander 732 is arguably the best cheeze mech out there today, and I have not bought one yet. Might be worth it for 1800 MC.

#35 JackPoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

FYI, on the home page the Jaegermech is named wrong , you named it JGR-S :(

#36 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

Well certainly did me some good, was on the verge of cb ing the 732, but I think I'll dip into my Mc and use the cb's to fit it out, so you have at least 2 happy people from this sale.

However, it is absolutely the last time I spend mc on a cb mech, as this one means I can grind out cb for the victors.

only mc sales i'm really intrested in though are camo, colours, though have eye's on the firebrand, and possibly a hero victor.

Some of the cockpit items are ok, but I'd only consider them at half the price ..and a big if..I was feeling flush with cash

#37 WildeKarde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

Well I've not spent much in the way of MC and always fancied getting a Jagermech - might get one since it's cheap

#38 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

I really want to get that Highlander. However, since this game is unplayable (being kicked out of a match every time I start one), I won't bother getting more MC. I really like this game, but the last update really screwed the experience up for me.

#39 giganova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 200 posts
  • Location3rd prime celestial body of the Sol star system

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

Vote with your wallets, people. If you don't like the items on sale, don't buy the MC to acquire them. You do like what they have to offer? Now's your chance. As simple as that.

#40 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

View Postvoodoolou kerensky, on 31 May 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

Ive only paid MC for one mech only cause I didnt want to wait and the price was well worth it at the time but in actuality paying c-bills makes more sense. Honestly are ya gonna pay $30 for a Mech or are ya gonna spend $30 on another game? And why people buy Gewgaws like Statues n such that cost 2 Mechbays worth to buy makes no sense to me. Oh and no Im not paying money for colors either. Thanks to PC Gamer for the 3 Free colors thats all I need. Oh and thanks to PGI for the Hologram one more thing that I will only see every blue moon.

You know that the Highlander is roughly $8.5 (Aus) with 50% off... ..as far as PGI pricing goes, thats a bargain compared to the normal prices...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users