May31St To June 4Th Trial By Fire Sale!

138 replies to this topic

#41 mania3c

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 466 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

this community is horrible group of pathetic whiners...sadly..

I won't be buying any of these either..but I understand why this sale exists.

#42 JackPoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

View PostJake Hendricks, on 31 May 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

Well I've not spent much in the way of MC and always fancied getting a Jagermech - might get one since it's cheap

The S is a good boat, load up with 2Gauss 2mls xl 255 50rounds and facepalm

#43 Naimes

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 74 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

Fair question

Can these trial mechs be competitive if refitted?

Cause if so these deals might be worth looking at for someone like me looking to branch out.

#44 Damocles69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 888 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

NO ONE CARES!!!!!!! Fix your game

#45 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

Boring. How about a mech bay sale at like 50% off? Okay if that's too much, how about 25% off? 10%? Come on!

#46 Svalfangr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

So much whining and crying over a sale that if they didnt have people would be whining and crying over not having a sale.

This community should be ashamed.

I doubt any of you feel anything close to it though, like a bunch of over privileged children who get icecream and dont like the flavor.

Its sad really.

#47 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostMonsoon, on 31 May 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

Yeesh, enough with the QQ. There will plenty of sales for other stuff, sure for many of us a Trial Mech sale isn't of interest, but there are probably plenty of new players who would be very happy for this sale.

No, it gets results. If sales or any other facet of the game or marketing offers me nothing personally, then that means it offers PGI nothing from me, and they need to know about it...

Edited by Coolant, 31 May 2013 - 10:43 AM.

#48 NinetyProof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

View PostWaxon, on 31 May 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

I can also see how if someone were just starting and had amassed experience in that trial mech, that it is only natural that that would be a good place for them to start shopping.

Terrible place for new players to put their money. Premium time is better ... and you will *always* need to buy mech bays with the CBills you earn. Even if your *flush* with cash ... it's still a terrible idea to buy Mechs with MC. Sure ... buy the MC as that puts money in PGI's bank ... but using MC on stock mechs? Puh-Lease.

#49 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

The biggest problem is for Cbill mechs, whats the point? may as well buy premium time. Doing my absolute worst (Losing, shot one guy, got murderboated)i'll make ROUGHLY 90,000 c-bills with premium time active, it would take me 100 losses to afford that highlander 732. On the flip side a balls out win (Shot several mechs, didnt die, maybe got a kill or two) would net me about 180,000 at that rate it would take me 50 wins to afford a highlander. Now thats a lot of matches of course, and most people that are forking up money for the fast track are folks that dont have that sort of time to kill. But the flip side is the Xp boost, your basically renting a hero mech and champion mech rolled into whatever your currently using. For the price of that Jagermech you could get premium time for 7 days and you can almost afford a 30 day premium for the price of the highlander (2,500MC for the 30 day premium, 1,807MC for the highlander sale)

I mean its a toss up of your time, your money or a bit of both so the choice is really yours but when all is said and done, don't expect people to grin and nod their heads in agreement with these kind of sales. If this thread is any indication the bulk of the players don't really like it, with the occasional few that do and the odd man out trying to see how brown his lips can get on piranha butt. Pucker up buttercup, them kisses are free too!

#50 danust

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

Well I need the 732 so all good here. Want to save cibills for "stuff" that could be coming.

#51 MayGay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 304 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

I have the Jager, never been a fan of the Hubchback though I have been meaning to try it in this game, but I have the C-bills to buy it, and I`ll stick with my 2xAC5 2xERPPC 2xSSRM2+BAP Heavy Metal that I named Pro, better luck next time

#52 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

No Colors?

*Closes wallet again too*

Actually.. i would have thought to buy a Cicada...

#53 NinetyProof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

View PostSvalfangr, on 31 May 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

So much whining and crying over a sale that if they didnt have people would be whining and crying over not having a sale.

This community should be ashamed.

I doubt any of you feel anything close to it though, like a bunch of over privileged children who get icecream and dont like the flavor.

Its sad really.

No ... we are giving meaningful feed back. Something your post does not do. It's a terrible sale, we are saying it's a terrible sale.

I *am* the consumer, I have disposable income, I am telling PGI what it needs to do for me to give them money. That is not QQ, that is how consumerism works ... that is how capitalism works ... the CONSUMER is king.

I can understand how you, and others, would rather be a sheep and just walk through and get sheered every so often. What makes me sad is the realization that sheep like you benefit from my Consumerism and yet you don't even realize it ... and worse? you are actively trying to defeat consumerism, which ends up only hurting yourself.

That is what is sad ... not consumers actively telling a company which products they want to buy and at which price point they are willing to buy them.

Edited by NinetyProof, 31 May 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#54 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

View PostNaimes, on 31 May 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Fair question

Can these trial mechs be competitive if refitted?

Cause if so these deals might be worth looking at for someone like me looking to branch out.

Yes - it all depends on the pilot and your play style.
Highlander is a very competitive mech, albeit a bit on the slow side.
Jager - Can be deadly in the right hands. a couple of gauss rifles, xl engine, 2 med lasers for close defense and it can deal some damage
Hunchie - Well I like this mech. You dont have to run an AC20 in it, but it really smacks with one. A bit of mods, 3 medium lasers.an AC20 with some speed, if you can hold on to your "Hunch" it can deal some brawling damage.

The prices are good for those looking to add to their stables sans the grind. I already have these so nothing for me this week.

Its really simple, if you dont like the sale, dont spend your MC (or dont buy the MC needed). If you do, then that is why they have these sales.

Each week brings a new sale. Maybe next week is one for you.

As mentioned, premium time is a very good investment. ANY mech you use becomes a Hero plus an XP bonus grabber for the duration of the time. I used some 1 day time and made enough CBills to buy a couple of XL engines I needed and a new mech including the upgrades i wanted for it. A Good investment. If you do buy Premium Time, just make sure you have the time to use it. It runs whether you are playing or not once activated.

#55 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

Really folks?

Not every sale is going to have something for everyone and no... not every sale will be a "value sale" i.e.. 50% of this or that.

Sales are targeted to the people who will benefit from it the most... If you got'm already or the content does meet your approval... Oh-well, maybe next time.

I swear some of you are not happy unless you're griping about something... :(

#56 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

My 2 months of premium are almost up from the last sale, why no premium time sale, Also I like to convert large pools of gxp you know.

#57 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

View PostNinetyProof, on 31 May 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

No ... we are giving meaningful feed back. Something your post does not do. It's a terrible sale, we are saying it's a terrible sale.

I *am* the consumer, I have disposable income, I am telling PGI what it needs to do for me to give them money. That is not QQ, that is how consumerism works ... that is how capitalism works ... the CONSUMER is king.

I can understand how you, and others, would rather be a sheep and just walk through and get sheered every so often. What makes me sad is the realization that sheep like you benefit from my Consumerism and yet you don't even realize it ... and worse? you are actively trying to defeat consumerism, which ends up only hurting yourself.

That is what is sad ... not consumers actively telling a company which products they want to buy and at which price point they are willing to buy them.

Not participating in the "sale" should / is meaningful enough... The sardonic commentary regarding the value of the sale is neither meaningful nor beneficial...

Standing in front of the counter at Burger King, turning to the other patrons and exclaiming loudly that the Whopper is over-priced and the kids-meal toy is not of sufficient quality is not exercising consumerism... [redacted ]

Electing not to eat at Burger King is exercising consumerism...

Edited by miSs, 31 May 2013 - 03:31 PM.
unnecessary

#58 Mr Styx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • 126 posts
  • LocationDevon England

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

to be honest i put my wallet away after first sale in open beta.........its all smoke and mirrors......snake oil
my concern is they tiny pointless "win 25" BS...i suspect this is in fact the community warfare... one of those main pillars........yawn agan

Edited by Mr Styx, 31 May 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#59 alochmar

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

Well the 4G offers good fun and is IMO the best of the Hunchbacks. Throw a bigger engine in it to give it some much needed speed and it's a great striker. Dunno about the others so won't comment on them.

Then again, I was hoping for a color/camo sale..

#60 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

It looks like these sales work, because I see them very often. I also guess that potential buyers are trial-mech users new to the game that instead of grinding just take on the sale to instantly buy that specific trial mech. I get it for the new players or for rich players that just throw money here and there without suffering of the global crysis.

Without whining however, I'd like to know how effective this sale is. Compared to premium time discounts, hero mech discounts or MC sales. There are many that are awaiting some MC offers rather than this, it's what, more than 6 months without an MC discount?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users