Also, a white mech?

#82 CuriousCabbitBlue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 228 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:47 AM

will try xD an head an legs maxed armor now,

switched the small pulse for regular meds to test out but reason that I like PLs so much is they are less noticeable, I seem to get focused less using them

#83 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:51 AM

View PostCuriousCabbitBlue, on 28 January 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

will try xD an head an legs maxed armor now,

switched the small pulse for regular meds to test out but reason that I like PLs so much is they are less noticeable, I seem to get focused less using them

Interesting. I don't see them much (exc: JR7-F) so not sure how I'd react.

FWIW, I used to run it with XL210, 2xML, 2MPL build. One of my all-time best games was in that rig. Not bad, but I have trouble justifying pulse laser weight and heat these days.

#84 Glxy Cmdr Jason Tseng

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

I just had a match in my TDK with 5 Kills, 1365 pts of damage. If I could figure out how to post a pic I would cause I have the screen shots for it.

Build:

240XL
Ferro (Max Armor)
Endo
AMS w/ 1t Ammo
11 DBL Heatsinks
2 Sm PL
2 ML

Its by far my favorite mech to run. The 171 helps out a lot, and knowing how to dodge and move unpredictably in a mech that small and fast increases your survive-ability exponentially. I have been the last man standing in this mech quite a few times, and have bagged the win more than once against seemingly insurmountable odds. This is by far (IMO) the best mech in MWO right now.

#85 Artemis Roe

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBorden, ON

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

+5 points for fun as hell mech to play. rocketing around at 171 with the ability to aim the arms has made for some great harassment play. Zip around behind someone, plop a volley or 3 in the back, dissappear and pop out somewhere different 4 seconds later.
Most fun I have had for a while and really racking up the damage and C-bills, love it.

#86 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:57 PM

I have to agree.

I bought into the DK sale this weekend, and have had a blast.

13/7 Win/Loss and 14/7 Kill/Death... and that's with a XL235 and no speed tweak. This weekend I bought two other COMMs and am working towards the unlocks. The 2D is ok, haven't found a loadout I like yet, but the 1B is rather similar, and quite entertaining.

But, above all, they are a just ... new, fast, and FUN.

Buying a 240XL tonight. Had a 210XL from some other purchase lying around using in my 2D

#87 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

Now you guys just need an arty module. Then have fun racing through a group of confused enemies while you leave a present behind, LOL!

Welcome to the 171 kph "arty party".

#88 Glxy Cmdr Jason Tseng

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

View PostFlak Kannon, on 03 February 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

I have to agree.

I bought into the DK sale this weekend, and have had a blast.

13/7 Win/Loss and 14/7 Kill/Death... and that's with a XL235 and no speed tweak. This weekend I bought two other COMMs and am working towards the unlocks. The 2D is ok, haven't found a loadout I like yet, but the 1B is rather similar, and quite entertaining.

But, above all, they are a just ... new, fast, and FUN.

Buying a 240XL tonight. Had a 210XL from some other purchase lying around using in my 2D

try this:

[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...830189638a3c166[/smurfy]

Never been 1 shot killed unless it was a gauss/ac20 from behind. Usually get 2-3 kills with this each match

#89 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

View PostGlxy Cmdt Jason Tseng, on 04 February 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

try this:

[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...830189638a3c166[/smurfy]

Never been 1 shot killed unless it was a gauss/ac20 from behind. Usually get 2-3 kills with this each match

I wouldn't try that. A few reasons:

1) MPL is wasting a ton vs. a (superior) ML. A ton you need for...
2) The third streak launcher. Running with 2/3 is silly. They're what you do well, and you're cutting your capacity by 1/3.
3) Never strip armor off a light's legs. Never.

Streakmandos really need to be build with XL195s or maybe an XL200 (SL only). If you must run an XL210 (came on your Raven-3L likely), don't cut a streak launcher of all things. And if you have to cheat on armor, don't cheat on the legs!

The key error in this build is the Ferro-Fibrous Armor. You can't really use it on a Streakmando unless you use SHS (which you can do, but will get you in trouble on very hot maps, once you've built heat it's hard to lose, although it builds slowly, trust me, I ran that for a couple hundred games).

This is a "standard" Streakmando: with XL195. If you must run an XL210, it's probably better to run without a laser at all.

Edited by Terciel1976, 04 February 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#90 Fuggles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 518 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:13 AM

I held off buying the TDK when it was on sale but today it was half off, can't beat that! Best bang for your hero buck as its four mediums and super fast speed and maneuverability are just light mech perfection.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users