[Stream] The Remnant's 2V2 Tournament

10 replies to this topic

#1 UndoneJin

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

The Remnant, famous for Celestial's awesome videos, are hosting an in-house 2v2 tournament. Though this tournament is not open for registration by non-members, there will be a stream TONIGHT (Saturday, June 1st) starting at 9:30PM EDT/6:30PM PDT!

The stream can be found at The Remnant's Twitch!

The matches will be streamed and commentated courtesy Epitaph. Feel free to drop by, watch some sick 2v2s, and chat about the action!

#2 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Id love to be part of one of these when non-members can come... the notice would have to be in time though.

#3 LegoPirate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 339 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

bump for great justice

#4 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

1st... no bumps! It's a form of spam and spam is not allowed on these boards.
2nd... moved to Fan Audio/Video

#5 LegoPirate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 339 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

ya know, it would be nice if you guys had a general discussion board where we could post this so someone might actually see it.

tossing it into a board noone goes to is a disservice to MWO as a whole as much as it is to us trying to get some viewers.

#6 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

Someone who's interested in fanmade streams should be able to find a forum named "Fan Audio/Video" and subtitled with "Podcasts, streaming video, gameplay clips and more signals!".

If one doesn't care to look for it, he can't be that much interested after all.

This thread would have had no place in the past general discussion and would have been moved by me as well. Shocking news... This sub-forum already existed back then! It has been created, because people wanted a forum where their stream and video threads wouldn't get burried within short time, like they would have been in GD.

#7 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

Do you guys just sync drop 16 people over and over till the drops work out for your tournament?

#8 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

The forum is structured to hide these things. The biggest losers of the change were users, and they don't seem to give rats *** about it. You can complain in the "forum suggestion" thread for what its worth, but don't expect much.

Saying someone who wants something(he doesn't know about) will look for it makes as much sense as burying hero mechs and their ads under a separate tab named cash shop exclusively. If people who want mc will look for it, why have multiple buttons for it on the launcher/client/forum on every page?
Same goes with all (internet) advertisements. If someone wants to buy an audi, why make a commercial, he will go and look for it in the dealership right?

Because believe it or not, he is advertising the stream just like you guys are your things, and to make a bold claim what they're doing would actually do good for the game.

So why is it messing up your vision when you're doing the same?

On an other point, livestreams and video/audio are completely separate in needs of exposure. One can wait forever(this section is fine for it) and one has a set date until irrelevant. How much sense does it make to put something with urgent needs in a low traffic section?

But you guys aren't dumb, you understand this, and put your steams in mainpage, fb, twitter posts. Why don't you have people looking for those?

This selective backward-rationale is pretty funny. You don't have any energy to help player run tournaments and streams, but you somehow do have energy to hide them and make up some excuse why you do it.

Edited by Chavette, 01 June 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#9 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Wow, ******* odd that you'd say that.

Cuz I've been mulling something over in my head all day.

I made a video Fri night/Sat morning, and I've been uploading it this evening and thinking about where the hell to even put it. Is it a video, yes. But half the footage is not MWO, even though the story revolves around BT stuff. Should I put it in fan fiction? Cuz it is fan fiction. But it's also a video. It's also stupid as **** and probably near the realm of off-topic. I still don't know what to do, so I figured I'd let some people watch it and then tell they can just recommend to me where to put it.

I hate sub-forums I'm not gonna lie, cuz people just abuse the **** out of it and post the most completely unrelated BS in 'serious' subsections; I wish I could just post a video like this in the old GD, and let it get some hits then drown out. Like all good things. Properly.

Edited by Soy, 01 June 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#10 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

The gd had its own problems, it was actually fun to read, but if it isn't coming back, its their choice.
What is really needed is a section for these stuff, right next to(not under) the official tournaments gd subsection, because its about as relevant for players as that is. The section would be player event/livestream only, as these mostly go hand in hand anyway.

But they're not ready to think about it till launch, well then people will leave the game till launch, whenever they get bored of pugging as they don't have a bigger perspective for the game and nothing to look out for, aside for patches, which is why activity is peaked after patches and dies out the days after.

Edited by Chavette, 01 June 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#11 LegoPirate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 339 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

View PostLukoi, on 01 June 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

Do you guys just sync drop 16 people over and over till the drops work out for your tournament?

we did just that for 3 hours on conquest. had the contestants on the proper teams, did 2-3 2v2's per drop. not a single mis-sync. things went pretty smoothly after the first couple of rounds. we will be having another one of these at a later date, and we'll try to find a way to advertize it so we can actually get some exposure on it.

p.s. gd sections are the best place to advertize streams because they have a high viewer count. most people dont go "oh im gonna watch an MWO stream", since there isnt alot of stream content available. more likely that they see a stream is up and decide to go watch it. you advertize where your viewers are, not the other way around.

Edited by LegoPirate, 01 June 2013 - 10:05 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users