Matchmaking Horribly Unbalanced

7 replies to this topic

#1 TechKnight1337

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

Currently, matchmaking is horribly unbalanced. I'm regularly placed into matches where my team has one heavy and no assault mechs, and the other team are 2/3 Atlases, Stalkers and Highlanders. My team is torn to shreds in minutes.

Please fix matchmaking. We need some degree of tonnage balancing. Rounds where one team has twice the tonnage of the other team need to end.

#2 Belazaar

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

The problem is random drops. When a player drops now it is with no regard to what others are dropping in on their team.

When some hits launch it should first take them to a staging area where people can figure what everyone is dropping and then change their mechs before the drop. Then you would have more balanced teams.

If you see there is no ecm you can change to an ecm mech. No lights change to a light.

I don't see random drops working in this game. There has to be some coordination before the drop. it doesn't have to be voice, but there has to be some type of coordination.

Players have complained about premades, while the coordination during the fight is important, it is also the coordination before on what mechs they drop with.

The devs have been trying to make the matchmaker work for over a year and have not been able to do it. They can't solve all the problems.

#3 L A V A

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 308 posts
  • LocationOn the beach!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:14 AM

Still way too many 8-0 or 0-8 results.

W A Y T O M A N Y.

#4 Spirit of the Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 455 posts
  • LocationEarth... I think. (Hey, you don't know if you're in the matrix either, do you?)

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

I feel the need to ask, given the recent nerf, but...
Were you guys using poptarts before? Because that would inflate your stats in relation to what you're capable of after the JJ change.
If you were, that explains a lot.

If you weren't, then I really have no idea what to tell you. I do know that for pretty much all of today, I and my clanmates have been running into opponents who seem absolutely terrible to us.
I'm wondering if maybe something in ELO broke again.

#5 JeremyCrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLisbon

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

I've not experienced this at all. I played about 5/6 games and most ended 8-6 or something like that.

#6 senaiboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 372 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

From the games I have been playing, half the time the weight difference is very significant.

2-3 assaults vs no assaults.
2-3 lights vs no lights.

Match-ups like that are inevitably lop-sided, as the difference in firepower is just too great (If ELO is working as intended, both teams should be roughly equal in skills). Please consider putting in a tonnage limit so we don't get a full lance of assaults against no assault - it's hardly fair.

Edited by senaiboy, 05 June 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#7 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

I've also noticed a lot of trial mechs and new players still getting put into games with Vets. It makes me feel like a horrible person shooting at them when they often can't even turn their mech to face me, let alone shoot back.

#8 TechKnight1337

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostSpirit of the Wolf, on 05 June 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

I feel the need to ask, given the recent nerf, but...
Were you guys using poptarts before? Because that would inflate your stats in relation to what you're capable of after the JJ change.
If you were, that explains a lot.

If you weren't, then I really have no idea what to tell you. I do know that for pretty much all of today, I and my clanmates have been running into opponents who seem absolutely terrible to us.
I'm wondering if maybe something in ELO broke again.

I've never used a JJ enabled mech.

My complaint isn't necessarily about imbalanced skills, it's about imbalanced team composition. If there isn't a single Heavy or Assault mech on my team, we're going to get shredded by the Atlas and two Cataphracts on the enemy team. Every time.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users