Third Free Day Of Premium Time.

Answered

18 replies to this topic

#1 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

I have just discovered there is a third day of free premium time.

Penny arcade day....yep.

Valentines day .....yep.

And on the download page, where you go when you click "download now", there is another free day. Bottom left button.

Click "redeem" at the top of the page to view all you have redeemed. (Good feature)

Thanks or the free day PGI/IGP. :)

Edit: I forgot this....[color="#b27204"]Click here[/color] to see your promo code redemption history

Edited by Niko Snow, 06 June 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#2 MightyMeatShield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationWest Coast!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

Hmm, doesn't seem to be there anymore.

#3 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostMightyMeatShield, on 05 June 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

Hmm, doesn't seem to be there anymore.

You may have collected it.

There is no longer an option for me. I did click it though, but it has vanished.

You could click the "redeem" button at the top, you will get a list of what promotions you have redeemed.

#4 MightyMeatShield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationWest Coast!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

Checked the redemption log and didn't get it previously. ah well.

#5 Lindonius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:36 PM

Is it for new players who download the game? That would explain why you got it on a re-install.

#6 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:42 AM

Interesting.. I`ve never redeemed a single day of Premium time via "promotions", only purchased through MC, and still have no button on teh DL page, nix , nada.....

So essentially (assuming the OP is factually true) I`ve "missed out" on 3 free premium days already, with no apparent rhyme or reason as to why I seem to have been "excluded".... Sounds fishy to me...

#7 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

View PostZerberus, on 06 June 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

Interesting.. I`ve never redeemed a single day of Premium time via "promotions", only purchased through MC, and still have no button on teh DL page, nix , nada.....

So essentially (assuming the OP is factually true) I`ve "missed out" on 3 free premium days already, with no apparent rhyme or reason as to why I seem to have been "excluded".... Sounds fishy to me...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

Is.It.worth.re-downloading?

#9 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 06 June 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

Is.It.worth.re-downloading?

View PostNiko Snow, on 06 June 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

Rewarded are those who reinstall completely, for all their files shall be fresh.

Yep. :P

#10 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

View PostZerberus, on 06 June 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

To be quite honest. The Valentines free day and the Penny arcade free day were posted very openly on these forums... and I think the Valentines free day from PGI was even advertized in the launcher. If you missed them, then it was not the fault of the people who were offering the days.

#11 MouseNo4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 630 posts
  • LocationVictoria Australia

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

View PostNiko Snow, on 06 June 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

Rewarded are those who reinstall completely, for all their files shall be fresh.

Like I just did? Completely reinstalled from scratch. Why? Completely different computer. Got zero free premium time. Want proof? See my complaint on the feedback section of the website on how SLOW your servers are providing the 50mb installer file and the client. Now that is a joke... for a company wanting to get their product onto as many hard drives as possible.

Edited by MouseNo4, 07 June 2013 - 03:57 AM.

#12 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:27 AM

View PostDirk Le Daring, on 06 June 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

... Pictures explaining how to use the Internet...

I know exactly what "redeem" means, and how to find my redemption history, and even if I were simply clicking the link in teh OP would have solved that for even the most neanderthal intellect.

The button I was not seeing ( and still have no access to...) was (is

View PostDirk Le Daring, on 05 June 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

And on the download page, where you go when you click "download now", there is another free day. Bottom left button.

But thank you anyway :)

It appears that my issue is that I reinstall after every patch using the same MWO launcher I downloaded who the hell knows when.

Apparently it`s only when you completely re-DL everything incl the launcher If Im`understanding Niko right. Reinstalling the game in itself does nothing, accessing the "I want the launcher" part of the site appears to be the trigger. ;)

View PostRushin Roulette, on 06 June 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

To be quite honest. The Valentines free day and the Penny arcade free day were posted very openly on these forums... and I think the Valentines free day from PGI was even advertized in the launcher. If you missed them, then it was not the fault of the people who were offering the days.

Nor did I mean to imply that, sorry if I came off as one of the "whine first, think later" dillholes that have been consistently dragging the forums down since the start of OB ;)

*Edit* OK, tried it out , and... (Co,mplete, consice instructiuons to follow)

You have to actually CLICK "Download" (not just open the DL page as implied by the OP) but you do not have to accept the DL itself. At which time the 3 buttons initially referenced appear. Clicking on "Redeem now" (said bottom left button) automatically credits the day to your account and adds an "activate" button to the launcher.

Complete instructions are always helpful and avoid confusion, see also Japanese model kits vs. US made ones. Cheers and thanks fot the hint that I can get a free day this way. :)

Edited by Zerberus, 07 June 2013 - 05:39 AM.

#13 ICUBurn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

Heres how to clwim the download free day without downloading. Use a mobile device. Log in go to downlaod now. Click download amd the claim free day pops up under the download button ( it did on my android phone that im using right now) if it started downloading just cancel the download in progress. Check your redeemed codes page.

#14 fspRinger

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

For those not seeing the button after hitting download, try disabling your adblocker temporarily. At least on Chrome with Adblock that made it show up for me.

#15 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostMouseNo4, on 07 June 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

Like I just did? Completely reinstalled from scratch. Why? Completely different computer. Got zero free premium time. Want proof? See my complaint on the feedback section of the website on how SLOW your servers are providing the 50mb installer file and the client. Now that is a joke... for a company wanting to get their product onto as many hard drives as possible.

I would guess it is your end somewhere Mouse. I reinstalled the whole game within an hour.(45 minutes I think)

I am in Alice Springs, so would think you have or should have a better connection.

I'd recommend getting Telstra to do a line check for you.

#16 Parias

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:59 PM

View PostfspRinger, on 07 June 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

For those not seeing the button after hitting download, try disabling your adblocker temporarily. At least on Chrome with Adblock that made it show up for me.

Thanks, that's what did it for me. I also missed actually having to click the "Download" Button on the download page before the icons suddenly showed up beneath it when the download queued - which I know was mentioned in the original post (I'm dumb), but I'll restate for clarity.

#17 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:49 AM

Mmm, premium time.

#18 MouseNo4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 630 posts
  • LocationVictoria Australia

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

View PostDirk Le Daring, on 07 June 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

I would guess it is your end somewhere Mouse. I reinstalled the whole game within an hour.(45 minutes I think)

I am in Alice Springs, so would think you have or should have a better connection.

I'd recommend getting Telstra to do a line check for you.

No it wasnt something ''my end''. They successfully hid this quite well and it took some digging to find it but i managed to acquire the day.

#19 IceSerpent

• 3,044 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostZerberus, on 07 June 2013 - 05:27 AM, said:

You have to actually CLICK "Download" (not just open the DL page as implied by the OP) but you do not have to accept the DL itself. At which time the 3 buttons initially referenced appear. Clicking on "Redeem now" (said bottom left button) automatically credits the day to your account and adds an "activate" button to the launcher.

Sneaky, very sneaky. Thanks for the explanation. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users