Dead Mechs Remaining Targetable

8 replies to this topic

#1 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

Not just referring to the 2-3 sec delay after a mech dies, but a couple times now a mech has remained targettable for the remainder of the match.

First time it happened in caustic, a hunchback died in the crater. I walked from the bottom up into crater, saw a hollow red arrow locked him and started firing ssrms at him. when i got past the smoke i noticed he was leaning back against the edge and wasnt edge, and i lost target. the arrow stayed and i was able to target again, fire more missiles etc.

Same thing happened on Alpine, this time the mech was face down in the dirt but could still lock.

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:33 PM

It's a "feature" so it's "working as intended" (as stated by a dev... seriously).

However, PGI has not actually addressed the concerns about this behavior yet, so it's worth hounding them to address it somehow, by removing the behavior or just making it more obvious to everyone that the target is dead.

#3 senaiboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 372 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:36 AM

Deathlike you should read the OP again. This is not the roughly 1 second targetable period after a mech dies (I noticed they've actually secretly reduced the length of time from like 2 seconds).

Had this bug very very rarely as well (only once in the previous patch), but not since. I did have a match where my teammate was firing at a dead Catapult repeatedly, which I presume is due to this bug.

#4 Odlig Shadowborn

Game Master

• 122 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:22 AM

Had you previously shot the Mech with a NARC? If not, could you send a ticket to support with your PC specs and dxdiag, along with a video or screenshot of the issue if you have one. Thanks :)

#5 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

View Postsenaiboy, on 06 June 2013 - 03:36 AM, said:

Deathlike you should read the OP again. This is not the roughly 1 second targetable period after a mech dies (I noticed they've actually secretly reduced the length of time from like 2 seconds).

Had this bug very very rarely as well (only once in the previous patch), but not since. I did have a match where my teammate was firing at a dead Catapult repeatedly, which I presume is due to this bug.

That one I've seen a bunch of times during the previous patch, but attributed it mostly to the targeting change.. where the mech never finishes "falling down"/dying with the paperdoll updates on some delay.

I assume that part of the targeting change was not resolved.

#6 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

i hadnt, but thats a possibility. i didnt stick around for the entire match so that may have been an exaggeration. I did retarget each of them several times (would lose target lock after about 2-3 seconds). could have been lag/packet loss of some sort.

Will try and replicate this when able, with that other stuff attached :)

#7 Nexus Omega

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

I get this too, I thought is was a feature, its kinda cool,

#8 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

It is a feature. You can quickly lock onto a dead enemy and congratulate your teammate in case of a headshot :-)

#9 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

The feature is being able to see if the kill shot was head/CT/ST.

being able to retarget that mech when it drops target is a bug of some sort, it could be due to lag or packet loss or something.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users