Mech Efficiencies Explained

55 replies to this topic

#21 D0GMA

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

Is an AS7-RS considered the same variant as a AS7-RS[C]? I ask because I want to know if I will need to re-unlock all the efficiencies for an AS7-RS[C], if I buy one to replace my AS7-RS, that already has all it's efficiencies unlocked. Thanks in advance!

Edited by D0GMA, 27 July 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#22 BlacKcuD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

View PostDarwins Dog, on 06 June 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

If you purchase a new chassis of the same weight class as a chassis for which you have three variants with all of their elite skills you will have less work to do in order to reach master level. You will still need to buy three variants of that chassis and earn all of the basic skills. Once you have done that, however, you only need to earn the elite efficiencies for the ones that you intend to take to master level (because you already have three variants within that weight class with their elite skills).

This point is very important and most people do not know about this so I just had to quote it! If it is not working/unlocking for you. Try clicking through your variants in the Mech trees. It will pop up eventually and you will be able to spend your XP to get that sweet module slot!

Edited by BlacKcuD, 29 July 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#23 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

View PostD0GMA, on 24 July 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

Is an AS7-RS considered the same variant as a AS7-RS[C]? I ask because I want to know if I will need to re-unlock all the efficiencies for an AS7-RS[C], if I buy one to replace my AS7-RS, that already has all it's efficiencies unlocked. Thanks in advance!

Sorry it took so long to see this question, I must have unfollowed this thread when it got pinned. The answer is yes the champion versions of a mech are counted as the same as the regular version. All of your experience and efficiencies will count towards both.

I'd better add that to OP, thanks!

#24 EyeDie I

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

ok i always get confused reading these,i have 3 catapults all say master in the tree but only my k2 unlocked the module slot,my c1 is halfway to unlocking the module(master box is yellow),but my c4 is only elite but the master box is yellow(unlocked).
can i sell my elited c4 and still unlock my c1 module slot?

#25 Paradoxum

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:27 AM

Do elite efficiencies not also double or anything once you get the ultimate like with the basic ones?

#26 The Duke of Dirty

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostParadoxum, on 05 August 2013 - 01:27 AM, said:

Do elite efficiencies not also double or anything once you get the ultimate like with the basic ones?

no

#27 AchillesXI

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

thank you for this post. very helpful!

#28 Malagant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

View PostEyeDie I, on 03 August 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

ok i always get confused reading these,i have 3 catapults all say master in the tree but only my k2 unlocked the module slot,my c1 is halfway to unlocking the module(master box is yellow),but my c4 is only elite but the master box is yellow(unlocked).
can i sell my elited c4 and still unlock my c1 module slot?

I'd like an answer to this question as well. Currently, I have 3 spiders and only want the 5D. The 5D and 5K are xp'd up through elite. Currently am working on the 5V. The question is, if I sell my 5K before I finish getting through elite on the 5V, does it count for unlocking master on the 5D when I finish the 5V?

Edited by Malagant, 24 September 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#29 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostMalagant, on 24 September 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

I'd like an answer to this question as well. Currently, I have 3 spiders and only want the 5D. The 5D and 5K are xp'd up through elite. Currently am working on the 5V. The question is, if I sell my 5K before I finish getting through elite on the 5V, does it count for unlocking master on the 5D when I finish the 5V?

Once you have completed the basic or elite tiers you can sell the mechs and they still count. Since you have elite on the 5K you can sell it and still get the 5D through master.

#30 Malagant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Thanks D Dog :)

#31 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

Does anyone know why my elite efficiencies on the Spider-5K would not apply to the Trial Spider-5K©?

I believe it has in the past, and the only major change I've had is that I finished off the 5V, and subsequently sold it...

Now, when I launch with the Trial 5K(I also own a 5K) speed tweak is not working, though I do have it unlocked.

Speed tweak works properly when I launch with my own 5K.

Edited by Throet, 13 October 2013 - 09:10 AM.

#32 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

View PostThroet, on 13 October 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

Does anyone know why my elite efficiencies on the Spider-5K would not apply to the Trial Spider-5K©?

I believe it has in the past, and the only major change I've had is that I finished off the 5V, and subsequently sold it...

Now, when I launch with the Trial 5K(I also own a 5K) speed tweak is not working, though I do have it unlocked.

Speed tweak works properly when I launch with my own 5K.

From what I understand the efficienceis don't apply to trial mechs at all. I could be mistaken though, I've never tried it out myself.

#33 Adran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

Thanks for this awesome guide.

#34 Mercer Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

Excellent guide, and I would just like to make sure that I AM indeed getting this right;

I got the Phoenix pack, and have 3 variants of the Locust that I've taken through basic, and intend to at least go elite with two of them (Just cannot find a 3M build that I like). After that, I should be able to free up slots to get three Spiders.

So I unlock all three basic tiers for the spider, and level up one of the variants to Elite. Does this mean that I now have the 3 variants to Elite qualifier met in Light so that I can get Master on the two Locusts that I actually want to keep and use?

#35 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

View PostMercer Skye, on 23 October 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

Excellent guide, and I would just like to make sure that I AM indeed getting this right;

I got the Phoenix pack, and have 3 variants of the Locust that I've taken through basic, and intend to at least go elite with two of them (Just cannot find a 3M build that I like). After that, I should be able to free up slots to get three Spiders.

So I unlock all three basic tiers for the spider, and level up one of the variants to Elite. Does this mean that I now have the 3 variants to Elite qualifier met in Light so that I can get Master on the two Locusts that I actually want to keep and use?

Yes, that's correct.

As a side not:e, it may be worth leveling that last locust through elites. The doubled basic skills have changed my opinion about many mechs.

#36 Mercer Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 248 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostDarwins Dog, on 24 October 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

Yes, that's correct.

As a side not:e, it may be worth leveling that last locust through elites. The doubled basic skills have changed my opinion about many mechs.

I'll probably do that just because I have it. It's just that I'm slightly OCD about my rigs. It has 5 Energy hardpoints....and you almost can't use them all. At least, not without having heat issues. If anything, might as well do it just to say I did it, at the least, lol.

#37 N0t Me

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:36 AM

thanks you just saved me 21k of painful exp with the centurion AL

#38 Feuerfuss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:27 PM

Hello Darwin,

do you mind if i translate your excellent guide for the german forum?

#39 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

View PostFeuerfuss, on 15 January 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Hello Darwin,

do you mind if i translate your excellent guide for the german forum?

Not at all. I'm happy to help in as many languages as I can (though I only know one). :)

#40 Feuerfuss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

View PostDarwins Dog, on 15 January 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

Not at all. I'm happy to help in as many languages as I can (though I only know one). :)

Ok, thanks. Already in the work ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users