• 185 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

Done: http://mwomercs.com/...c-elite-master/

#42 4D85

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

Love how simply this puts it all, great guide!

#43 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

This thread should be so sticky..

On a side note; Dont forget to mention that you can sell one of your three mechs once you have got them all to basic; you only need three variants to get to elite on a specific mech. After that, if you own the mech you can get it to elite and master without having any other variants.

#44 kayjay

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 32 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:38 PM

So where do I find out what these do ? What is Twist X vs Twist speed for example.

#45 Jagg3d

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 29 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:10 PM

Question I might have missed it. If I master my jager do will that give me a extra slot only on the dd or all my jager and cataphracts?

#46 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:19 PM

View PostJagg3d, on 24 September 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

Question I might have missed it. If I master my jager do will that give me a extra slot only on the dd or all my jager and cataphracts?

All efficiencies will only apply to the specific variant that they are unlocked for. Mastering a JM6-DD only gives an extra module slot for the JM6-DD. The JM6-A, JM6-D, and JM6-FB (as well as cataphracts) will need to be mastered separately.

#47 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:27 AM

View PostZodie, on 11 December 2014 - 04:53 AM, said:

Hell what the heck? I need to spend ssso much time to get MY ONLY MECH playable against nolifers that I WILL BE NOLIFER ALSO.... I do not have time to FARM SO MUCH! Rly I like this game, even today I thought to purchase some MC for some goods b4 I read this guide... OMG this is a dumbest skillsystem I've ever seen in videogames LOL.... Now I'm thinking to quit playing...
Sorry but it is TRUE........ :(

The skills come faster than you might think. It takes about 15-20 matches to get the basic ones done, and about the same to get the elites. The efficiencies are really good, but you can still be competitive without unlocking all of them.

As for buying other variants, that really depends on the mech you are working on, but since engines and weapons can be swapped around, that can reduce your costs by a lot. If you are thinking about spending some real money, I might suggest some premium time or a hero mech. I tend to buy PT in 1 day increments since I don't usually have that much time to play these days. Hero mechs (especially if they match a chassis that you already like) really help you get cash faster as well.

The nice thing about this game is that farming for XP and cbills is exactly the same as playing the game. If you enjoy the game, then you can farm while you have fun!

PS: For the record, I'm not a big fan of the skill system either. It's clearly designed to get players to spend real money, but that's also just the reality for free to play games. PGI actually has one of the better systems that I've encountered.

#48 S204STi

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:27 AM

Dumb question: once you unlock an efficiency, does it apply automatically or do you have to take an extra step to "equip" it?

#49 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

View PostS204STi, on 18 February 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

Dumb question: once you unlock an efficiency, does it apply automatically or do you have to take an extra step to "equip" it?

They are immediately active once you unlock them.

Only the modules (purchased through the pilot tab with GXP) have to be purchased with cbills and equipped.

#50 S204STi

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:47 AM

Great, thanks!

#51 Elric Tchernovkov

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 28 posts
  • LocationOdins' Eye

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:08 PM

So where do I find out what these do ? What is Twist X vs Twist speed for example.

If you either hover over or click on the skill it will tell you what it does. For Example; Twist X is how far side to side your mech can turn without moving the legs. While Twist speed is how fast you turn the torso left and right.
lol just noticed that post is over a year and a half old. Guess he figured it out.

#52 iofhua

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:47 AM

Where do I see these efficiencies in game?

So you're saying my WLF-1(C) will get stronger if I own several other wolfhound variants and play them all?

#53 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:07 AM

View Postiofhua, on 30 October 2017 - 04:47 AM, said:

Where do I see these efficiencies in game?

So you're saying my WLF-1(C) will get stronger if I own several other wolfhound variants and play them all?

This guide is old, it was valid until early 2017.

AFter that the skill tree changed from a basic 3 tier, linear skill tree to a dynamic skill tree with the following branches:
  • Firepower (weapons),
  • Survival (armor, health, equipment health, anti-missile system enhancements and leg protection against falls)
  • Mobility (acceleration, deceleration, turning speed, twisting and tilting of the torso, etc.)
  • Jumpjets (exactly as it sounds)
  • Operations (Reboot speed, cooling efficiency, maximum heat tolerance, maintaining some speed after losing a leg, improving gyros which in this case keeps the screen shake down when under heavy firepower, etc.)
  • Sensors (advanced zoom, seismic sensors, target info, maintain target, target behind you [to 200 meters? 400? Somewhere in there] radar deprivation, and finally ECM enhancements.
  • Auxillary (which has consumable and gameplay enhancements such as capture speeds.)

You can find them in Mechlab, after selecting a mech, and then choosing "Skills."

#54 iofhua

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:18 AM

Alright thanks.

Is there any reason to have more than one variant of a mech now? Or should I be fine trying a bunch of different ones out?

#55 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:18 AM

View Postiofhua, on 30 October 2017 - 05:18 AM, said:

Alright thanks.

Is there any reason to have more than one variant of a mech now? Or should I be fine trying a bunch of different ones out?

Only if you want to have more than one.
It's actually a bit more valid (than before) to want to have multiple of the same variant, too. But all is only if you want them (if you find a preference for a mech and its variants for, say, faction play where you can bring 4 mechs into a fight at once there's a good reason for it. Otherwise try anything.)

#56 Aspera

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:49 PM

Yeah, this thread should propbably be iunstckied and replaced by something that describes the new system better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users