Seismic Is Crazy Op - How To Balance

291 replies to this topic

Poll: Proposed Seismic Sensor Modification (223 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Seismic Sensor be disabled while your Mech is moving?

1. Yes. It needs to be nerfed and this is a good way to achieve that. (101 votes [45.29%])

Percentage of vote: 45.29%

2. No. It is fine the way it is. (83 votes [37.22%])

Percentage of vote: 37.22%

3. No. I have a better idea which I explained in my post. (39 votes [17.49%])

Percentage of vote: 17.49%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

View PostFupDup, on 08 June 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

Light Gauss is 12 tons...not exactly light mech material. O_o I just wish for a "Micro Gauss" that weighed in around 5 tons or so. Also outside of the timeline.

Ah right, micro gauss was what I was thinking of, but I only came up with AP :D. Oh well.

#182 Lord of All

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 581 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBottom Of a Bottle

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

View PostSephlock, on 07 June 2013 - 01:04 AM, said:

Seismic is fine and people who whine about good and fun things are making this game bland as hell.

I for one will enjoy playing Daredevil and Batman until the upcoming nerf.

Just gotta say I LOVE the bulleye character! Friggin awesome mental case!

#183 Ingvay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 267 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

May have already been mentioned but I believe the standard seismic module is fine. I think the advanced should have it's range nerfed to be slightly more than the standard...say... 100 meters more than standard. Right now the advanced lets you see enemies a whole grid square away. That's a bit too much. Otherwise I'm fine with it.

#184 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

View PostFupDup, on 08 June 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

(@Soy) You do realize that it is entirely possible to use an item yet simultaneously recognize how broken it is?
Apparently not.

In fact, in my OP that's exactly what I said. I bought it. That was when I realised just how much of an advantage it gives me and those who have it.

I reject OP Seismic because, even though it helps me get even more kills, it diminishes the game. Sure, I killed people before I had it, and I kill people now that I've got it, and I will continue to kill people after it hopefully gets nerfed,

However. Seismic God Mode makes MWO a worse game than it was, because it removes strategic and tactical options and dumbs down the game.

Put another way, I'd rather be killing other players because I out-thought and out-fought them, not because I saw them coming from a grid sector away thanks to an unrealistic wall hack module.

Edited by Appogee, 08 June 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#185 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

"God Mode" <-- not an exaggeration at all.

Please tell me you referred to ECM as "Team God Mode" back in the day...

View PostAppogee, on 08 June 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

In fact, in my OP that's exactly what I said. I bought it. That was when I realised how much of an advantage it gives me and those who have it.

?

#186 Polarice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 121 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

Does not need to be anything magical, its cannon.
I look forward to see how they do mag scan.

#187 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:19 PM

View PostSephlock, on 08 June 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

Please tell me you referred to ECM as "Team God Mode" back in the day...
No I didn't... not that my view on how the long-standing BT technology of ECM used to be is relevant to a discussion on how Seismic currently is. Videos about magical technology in other canons are similarly irrelevant.

Maybe you could post something relevant to the discussion on how Seismic currently is.

Edited by Appogee, 08 June 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#188 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 08 June 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

Actually, I heavily upsize the engines in my assaults. I also lower the rear armor severely since it's rare I get shot there while snipe shots to the face are very common.

I should be punished for running 10 armor (on occasion) on my assault's rear section, it very very rarely happens.

I'm going to write your name down on a little sticky note that I'll attach to my monitor. The note under it will read; "SHOOT HIM IN THE BACK"

#189 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

Yeah, I have no idea Seismic is overpowered.

Cuz I only made the most viewed thread on the subject with 186 replies the day Seismic came out:

http://mwomercs.com/...eismic-is-lord/

Title is kinda ******* obvious, isn't it.

Did this while I was out tonight, anyways, stay hatin anything thats new and exciting in the game instead of adapting to it bros... or maybe take the opportunity right now to accept Seismic power as a challenge and refine tactics and adapt when the changes to it come.

Edited by Soy, 08 June 2013 - 11:27 PM.

#190 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:27 PM

View PostSephlock, on 08 June 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

I'm going to write your name down on a little sticky note that I'll attach to my monitor. The note under it will read; "SHOOT HIM IN THE BACK"

Hey, if you can manage it, godspeed. I have seismic, a big engine, and understand counter-turning.
I also frequently expose my back to enemies, unused armor is wasted armor!

#191 ByteHacker

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

I have an idea.

How about we have like a device that will launch pods everywhere and give the sensor an overload of false information. This could also be used as a way of setting up ambushes.

Lets say a lone light mech decides to run up to the front and in the opposite direction of his team then drops down a pod of sensor decoys, a mech on the other team "Senses that there are enemy movement" in that area and orders his team there, then the other team can move in and sweep them up when the enemy team in the a position where it is either split up or in a position where it is harder to move and the assault mechs eat them up like a child slurping on his porridge.

#192 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 08 June 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

Hey, if you can manage it, godspeed. I have seismic, a big engine, and understand counter-turning.
I also frequently expose my back to enemies, unused armor is wasted armor!
So you're like a bullet hell game boss :lol:?

View PostByteHacker, on 08 June 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

I have an idea.

How about we have like a device that will launch pods everywhere and give the sensor an overload of false information. This could also be used as a way of setting up ambushes.
I was thinking along the same lines but it seems that adding modules to counter modules is a bad idea.

#193 CHWarpath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

View PostSephlock, on 07 June 2013 - 01:04 AM, said:

Seismic is fine and people who whine about good and fun things are making this game bland as hell.

I for one will enjoy playing Daredevil and Batman until the upcoming nerf.

Yeah, making a game balanced tends to chase the bad players out of the community. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

#194 The Strange

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 238 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

I think the sensor removed a lot from the game. Not being able to sneak up on enemies, nor even being able to flank them any longer on any of the smaller maps. 400m is way to long of a range for this sensor. The removal of tactics from the game is what is making it bland. Personally, I don't think this should ever have been introduced into the game. As it stands though, there would be way too many whinners if they took it out, even with a full c-bill and GXP refund. People love their wallhacks.

#195 PsychoSick

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:20 AM

I remember back in my days growing up, people used to complain about HUD bugs all the time...How times have changed :/

Edited by PsychoSick, 09 June 2013 - 12:20 AM.

#196 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:44 AM

Sesimic needs a nerf but the idea supported in this thread is the worst ever. We certainly do not need more mechs/assaults just standing around.

Nerf the frequency off updates to 1 in 6-10 seconds.

#197 ByteHacker

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

View PostSephlock, on 08 June 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

I was thinking along the same lines but it seems that adding modules to counter modules is a bad idea.

No, I was suggesting a equipment thing. Like a 0.5 ton pod and the pods require like ammo. Ammo comes in the fashion of 0.5 tons and each 0.5 ton can carry like 20 decoy units.

Each time firing it releases a pod, and the launcher can fire up to 2 per second, so it would be completely up to the user to put the right amount in order to fool the enemy. When doing a full out brawl, the user can scatter them all around the enemies lines and make it even worst to track stuff, because of all the false information causing the targeting systems to overload.

Resulting in something called counter-play. where the other team doesn't mind mechs on the other team using it, because it can give them and edge or work against them

#198 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:13 AM

View PostByteHacker, on 09 June 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

No, I was suggesting a equipment thing. Like a 0.5 ton pod and the pods require like ammo. Ammo comes in the fashion of 0.5 tons and each 0.5 ton can carry like 20 decoy units.

Each time firing it releases a pod, and the launcher can fire up to 2 per second, so it would be completely up to the user to put the right amount in order to fool the enemy. When doing a full out brawl, the user can scatter them all around the enemies lines and make it even worst to track stuff, because of all the false information causing the targeting systems to overload.

Resulting in something called counter-play. where the other team doesn't mind mechs on the other team using it, because it can give them and edge or work against them

This guy ******* gets things, even if our suggestions or ideas are different, I can say that he ******* gets it.

#199 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:16 AM

Nice to have Information Warfare back in the game. Seismic, UAV and the BAP-buff were all great additions!

#200 ByteHacker

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

View PostSoy, on 09 June 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

This guy ******* gets things, even if our suggestions or ideas are different, I can say that he ******* gets it.

I didn't quite get that.

Are you saying that I understand what you are talking about?
Or that I understand but have completely different ideas on how to fix this compared to everyone who is debating on hard counters and range nerfs and stuff?

52 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 52 guests, 0 anonymous users