Forget Heat Penalties: A Comprehensive Balance Solution To Alphas, Convergence, Poptarts, Boats, And Clans

704 replies to this topic

#701 ReXspec

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 502 posts
  • LocationOrem, Utah

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:48 AM

To me the simple solution would be to add crosshair deviation based on weapon recoil, movement, and terrain. Such a system was present in Mechwarrior 3 and it worked flawlessly.

I've also heard the TCL idea before, but to add that mechanic seems far more complex then my idea above.

...then again I've also heard the response that PGI simply CAN'T do that with the CryEngine, but I view that as more of an excuse rather then an explanation. The CryEngine is one of the most flexible engines out there. Hell, I've even played with it myself many times. I see no reason why my proposed mechanic or the TCL mechanic cannot be implemented.

#702 jaxjace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 987 posts
  • LocationIn orbit around your world

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:48 PM

love it.

#703 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:10 PM

I still really like Homeless Bill's original solution posted here. I'm totally linking to this from another similar discussion.

#704 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:00 PM

Bumping because it's still the best and most thought out solution to a long standing problem. The "inaccuracy" code already exist in the jumpjet code

#705 Tombstoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:01 AM

This Idea needs to be revisited given what's on the PTS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users