Answered

14 replies to this topic

#1 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

I'm only putting this here so that as many people see this as possible. Yes, I am pissed off right now. All I was looking to do was to add MC like I've done before in the past (Founders and 5/10/13). Tried to purchase MC over the weekend and was denied on 3 cards AND my PayPal account linked directly to my checking. Filed a ticket 3 times using the create new ticket button and none of them ever went into my pending tickets list. Manually wrote them a couple emails to support@MWOMercs.com and no reponse at all other than a generic "we have your ticket pending" email or whatever. Even tried contacting the people at Ultimate Pay or whatever that actually processes the payments...I've already received 3 responses from them and they finally told me to contact PGI directly, as they are unable to process my payments for whatever reason. No, I am not using a proxy (tried 3 different computers at 3 different places) or whatever and my billing info has not changed in any way.

This is garbage because this is the sale I've been waiting for (Blue colors and Ilya Muromets). The fact that my account is locked down with no explanation whatever is ridiculous. To top it all off, I got up early this morning and drove down to a 7-11 to buy a $20 Ultimate Game Card, since it is one of the MC purchase options. After scratching off the PIN, entering it into the system here and hoping for the best...I'm still getting my purchase declined! On a prepaid card that your system accepts!!!

I want that Ilya and not at the full price that I'm going to be charged once this billing issue "magically" gets cleared up after this sale ends in 30 minutes. I want Goluboy, Basalt, Slate, Manganese, Midnight Blue, Sapphire and Azurite at their discounted prices. And I want the Digital on the 4 heavy mechs listed in the sale.

I was about to spend 7925 MC...over $30 in a single transaction but was unable to do so because of your billing system. Get your **** together, PGI.

Let's see if they make this right...I'm not holding my breath.

TL;DR
-tried numerous credit/debit cards with sufficient balance
-tried my PayPal linked directly to my checking account with sufficient balance
-purchased MC on 5/10/13 successfully with no info changing since then
-bought an Ultimate Game Card prepaid card and was denied as well
-filed tickets with support@mwomercs.com and Ultimate Pay
-no response from PGI support as of yet, while Ultimate Pay support has already responded 3 times
-sale ending in 20 minutes, no MC and a pissed off Founder

#2 soarra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

i had this problem and it was caused by me using my VPN sometimes. Your account got blacklisted for purchasing. I contacted support and they helped me within 2 days.

#3 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:49 AM

Just because you're angry. Does not actually justify creating this topic in a section it does not belong.

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:50 AM

I also have gripe about the PGI customer support, though it is over account management, rather than payment.

#5 Svalfangr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

Until you started demanding things i was with you but now it just seems like you missed the boat on the sale and are trying to make an excuse to get them at their discounted price.

#6 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

View PostSvalfangr, on 11 June 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

Until you started demanding things i was with you but now it just seems like you missed the boat on the sale and are trying to make an excuse to get them at their discounted price.

I missed the boat on a sale because I've been unable to add MC since the sale started...how is that my fault? It's not like I've never purchased MC in the past and this is the first time trying to do it. The sale is still going on right now (for the next 5 minutes).

#7 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

View Postsoarra, on 11 June 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

i had this problem and it was caused by me using my VPN sometimes. Your account got blacklisted for purchasing. I contacted support and they helped me within 2 days.

I don't use VPN...not sure how I'd end up on a blacklist, as I always triple check my CC info before submitting on an online purchase.

View PostSvalfangr, on 11 June 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

So basically my points are invalid because I "demanded" stuff from a sale I shouldn't have missed, had their payment system been working as designed?

You are probably not from America or you'd know that "demanding" stuff works from time to time...especially when you speak with managers. It's called goodwill with your customers. Hell, I've even seen a Dell Indian call center manager give in and take care of a friend's laptop issue (after a couple hours on the phone) and if you've ever dealt with Indians in sales/negotiations, you know they never like to concede anything.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease...sometimes.

View PostmiSs, on 11 June 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

Hi,

I see our Game Masters have received your ticket and they will be happy to help you shortly with this issue.

Cheers.

Thanks...not sure how that's gonna help me now that the sale is officially over but I look forward to a response nonetheless.

#8 Gtbuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts
  • LocationSoutheast US

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

I've been holding out for a MC sale but when the Ilya wen 30% off I decided to pull the trigger, too bad like you I had a dud in the chamber. Guess I'll be waiting for a sale after all. PGI really does need to clean up the MC purchasing process.

#9 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostGtbuck, on 11 June 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

I've been holding out for a MC sale but when the Ilya wen 30% off I decided to pull the trigger, too bad like you I had a dud in the chamber. Guess I'll be waiting for a sale after all. PGI really does need to clean up the MC purchasing process.

That sucks...I saw you were having the same issue on your thread. I can't believe that a prepaid card wouldn't even work in a situation like this.

Got a support update via email...will post once the issue has been resolved.

#10 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

What I learned from this thread:

- Keep mc on your acc just in case
- Buy sales when they start, so if it fails you can get your acc sorted out in time

#11 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

I have found my experiences with customer service to be timely, polite, and quickly able to rectify my issues even though so far in the end they were entirely my own fault.

Sorry the weekend thing didn't work out the way you would have liked, but you should really wait and see what the GM actually does about this problem he had no idea existed until you reported it, before bashing them about their customer service.

#12 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

I've had the opposite experience with customer support. Every ticket I have submitted has been dealt with quickly and efficiently thus far, and with a non-typical human understanding (I once screwed up mightily, and support helped me out when they were in their rights not to do so).

It sounds like your issue is a curly one. I've worked on a help desk before (for faaaaar too many years) and sometimes there are issues that just require a lot of troubleshooting and effort to resolve. Lack of progress does not mean staff aren't doing their utmost. I can understand that you are frustrated, but your issue does not sound typical, so please try to take that into account when you start letting your frustration do the talking on the forums.

It's a shame that you have to judge support by this experience, as I believe the support staff for this game are exceptional.

#13 GingerBang

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationThe Airport Hilton

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

The problem is with the payment processing company (playspan i believe). They will blacklist your account for "suspicious connectivity" basically meaning you attempted to make a purchase from a different IP. It is annoying as heck, but it is not actually not PGI's fault. I'm pretty sure they wish they could use a better processing company as well.

#14 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

Bringing this to the forums was bad. Such bad taste, keep your money issues private. Gripe about the game, complain about lack of tech support for your particular issue, but don't bring payment/money issues to the forums, this is not the place.

#15 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:14 AM

Its a well known fact that ranting on forums is THE best way to improve things, I am currently looking for forums to rant about world hunger and the size of my *****.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users