• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canadia

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostDarren Tyler, on 23 June 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

You are as blind as a bat.

He was talking about letting every 'Mech fill every role, which would require no hardpoint restrictions (hence they become gunbags, and then everyone would only use the best gunbag for each weight-class). Hardpoints actually somewhat enforce roles.

Clearly I am not blind, as I can see this and you cannot.

#222 ExtremeA79

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostVolthorne, on 23 June 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

He was talking about letting every 'Mech fill every role, which would require no hardpoint restrictions (hence they become gunbags, and then everyone would only use the best gunbag for each weight-class). Hardpoints actually somewhat enforce roles.

Clearly I am not blind, as I can see this and you cannot.

And you prove you are blind, yet again. You fail to see his point.

#223 Volthorne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

View PostDarren Tyler, on 23 June 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

And you prove you are blind, yet again. You fail to see his point.

Please explain to me how I'm failing to see a non-existent point. Oh wait, you can't.

You've regressed to terribad fail-troll mode. Having a semi-legit Darren was nice while it lasted, even though you still had no valid arguments.

#224 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:19 AM

I think the larger head box of the catapult is actually an asset. As long as you don't stand still like a noob, it provides an extra 18+ points of armor to soak damage in a brawl. Shrink it and the cat will just get center torso cored that much faster.

#225 Doden Kriger

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:31 AM

Catapult even in lore has always had a huge head. The Pilot can see out of this mech very well because of it making it a great support mech. Also Being Dead center of the mech makes Head Shots on it frequent compaired to other mechs. Its how it should be it is its weakness as well as strength

Edited by ARCTIC F0X, 24 June 2013 - 03:33 AM.

#226 Ragnar Darkmane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:03 AM

View Post5th Fedcom Rat, on 24 June 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

I think the larger head box of the catapult is actually an asset. As long as you don't stand still like a noob, it provides an extra 18+ points of armor to soak damage in a brawl. Shrink it and the cat will just get center torso cored that much faster.

You'll find out that the big cockpit is not an asset when everyone is running around with ER PPC or AC 40. One lucky hit with a 4 PPC alpha and you are toast. It's even worse against AC 40 boats because they'll headshot you almost as fast and don't even have to worry about heat buildup. Cockpit to soak damage only works against people spraying their ML/LLs all over the mech.

All I'll add to the discussion are some of my stats:
Catapult C1: 182 matches played. Killed by headshot 38 times
Stalker 3F: 110 matches played. Killed by headshot 1 time

#227 Mech79

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 152 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

I think the hit box is fine for the head on all non-founder mechs. The founder mech if to select the cockpit in the mechlab the nose cone also lights up and unless it has been changed if hitting a founder cat in the tip of the nose it will cause a headshot kill. I know it used to be that way in closed beta havent played it in a while so not sure if they have fixed it in game. Still lights up both in mechlab.

#228 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

View Postmech79, on 24 June 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

I think the hit box is fine for the head on all non-founder mechs. The founder mech if to select the cockpit in the mechlab the nose cone also lights up and unless it has been changed if hitting a founder cat in the tip of the nose it will cause a headshot kill. I know it used to be that way in closed beta havent played it in a while so not sure if they have fixed it in game. Still lights up both in mechlab.

I run my Cat C1 (F) a lot. Seems fine. If it was considered the head, I would be headshot almost every game instead of once in about 20 games or so.

#229 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

Not sure why PGI just doesn't simply merge the 18hp (+ internals) with the CT on all the Mechs. It is pointless to have a Head that is big enough to be head one-shotted, from any range really, and the CT section of all Mechs could certainly use the armor Buff.

Keep the Head section, just have it be part of the CT armor structure. :)

#230 ExtremeA79

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostVolthorne, on 24 June 2013 - 01:12 AM, said:

Please explain to me how I'm failing to see a non-existent point. Oh wait, you can't.

You've regressed to terribad fail-troll mode. Having a semi-legit Darren was nice while it lasted, even though you still had no valid arguments.

Who cares, you are still worse than me.
You cannot win against some one like you.

#231 Doden Kriger

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:03 AM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 24 June 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

Not sure why PGI just doesn't simply merge the 18hp (+ internals) with the CT on all the Mechs. It is pointless to have a Head that is big enough to be head one-shotted, from any range really, and the CT section of all Mechs could certainly use the armor Buff.

Keep the Head section, just have it be part of the CT armor structure. ;)

I hope you are trolling

#232 Volthorne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

View PostDarren Tyler, on 24 June 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

Who cares, you are still worse than me.
You cannot win against some one like you.

Such a shame you don't actually understand what the discussion is about.

View PostARCTIC F0X, on 25 June 2013 - 04:03 AM, said:

I hope you are trolling

I can see how removing all cockpit hitboxes would make sense from a balancing point of view, but it would take out the "Hell yes!" factor of when you manage to land a lucky/skillful shot. Example: piloting my X5 and someone was shooting at one of my teammates, missed, and headcapped me 500m farther back. I couldn't even be mad.

#233 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

View PostArctu, on 21 June 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

Impressive ...

I now understand completely why you do not have problems with your cockpit hitbox in your ELO bracket ...

Haha no, I play with higher ELO bracket people.

#234 blinkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

View PostSkadi, on 23 June 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

But I enjoy being called a aimbot everytime I headshot a catapult staring headlong at me refusing to move an inch!

^^this

i have used catapults primarily since early closed beta. the head hit boxes haven't changed in any major way and after enough rounds to complete the catapult tree and still have 200,000xp left over for my catapult C4 along with the countless rounds i played in closed beta, <- after all of that i have been head shot maybe 10 times. the vast majority of those times involved me either charging directly at the enemy like a moron or standing still and not noticing a sniper. i use SRM on my catapults and my average engagement range is less than 100m, and i still rarely get head shot.

you know what else catapults have? tiny side torsos that make using an XL engine add almost no risk to the build. jump jets that also increase mobility. more torso twist than any other heavy mech, except for the K2 which i think ties with one of the top jagers.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users