Game Is Unplayable As A Pug

46 replies to this topic

#21 Dmitri Valenov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

I don't know what the OP is doing wrong. I have PUGged pretty much exclusively for the past few months and I have actually seen a marked improvement in my games every patch.

#22 Herodes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

PUGging now is way better than it was months ago IMHO. More balanced. All kinds of 'Mechs and combats.

Also, I think "flavour of the month" is not that bad, shifts in strategy are interesting and entertaining, so I don't complain.

All this is just IMHO of course and might only be valid in my ELO bracket.

#23 Pater Mors

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 815 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

God you whinge a lot lockwoodx.

#24 Stoicblitzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostStoicblitzer, on 14 June 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

#25 Karazyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 274 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

im pretty sure people know my stance on this if not:
Posted Image
this...this is it

#26 Ningyo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:42 PM

Pretty sure you get a match added but no win/loss if the server resets while you are in one. Could be mistaken though.

On topic, I play exclusively PUG, and it seems no different than a couple weeks ago. Plenty of bad players, plenty of decent players, and a couple that just grind your mech into the pavement.

It likely does depend somewhat on your ELO bracket and such though. I am probably better than 60% of players, but worse than 20% somewhere in that range. And since I have a crappy computer and get horrible FPS I will likely never get much better than that.

I would bet you just got a bad run of luck in the matchmaker, I once got nearly 30 winning games in a row, and another time got my team got annihilated 12 times in a row. it happens.

#27 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

View Postlockwoodx, on 14 June 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

MWO went from balanced and fun to **** in 2 weeks. What happened?

u4realbro?

Must be a poptarter?

SRMs could use some love, and Lights seem to be hitbox wonky again, but overall, I feel it's MORE balanced in most regards then it has been since CB.
(Still needs a heat// hard point nerf to end the 6 PPC nonsense, and SRMs need their damage back, but Rome was not built in a day).

I pug 90% of the time. The only thing holding me back is the quality of the PUGs I drop with. If my teammates have a modicum of sense, we usually win and all is good. If they scatter to the 4 winds, well I figure on things getting interesting.

#28 Traigus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

I am having a good day today.

I'd love for PUGs to be more organized, than some D-bag screaming over team channel about how everyone should protect his atlas or stalker so we will win.

Was having a poor Assault match on forest, we got pincered, and had to defend our base, while getting hammered by 3 LRM mechs.

I ran out in my My Bucket 7K ()AC/10, ERLLas, and 2 SRM 4) and held off an Atlas, a Stalker and a Hunhback J (when was the last time you saw one of those?) all of whom brought plenty of backup lasers. Without the hammering of LRMS, my team cleaned out the base and came running, at which point I died, (with 0 armor left, no arms, 1 leg and most of my crits dark red.

I did about 205 points (the least on my team), but the best part, was after game, one of my team mates, said "I saw what you did, that was pretty cool, and helped us pull it out."

That made my day.

No other dumbass thing can bother me today, because someone measured something other than on points.

#29 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

I get the feeling someone doesn't understand how NOT to get hit by LRMs.

PUGging seems to be about right. Elo is still a bit wonky at times and I have seen some pretty weird matchups buuuuuuut, mostly when with my friends in a 3-4 man group where it is trying to match us up and we all have a wide variety of Elo because some drop in from time to time and so probably don't have enough matches to have moved it much, others ONLY play with others, and I PUG as well.

#30 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

teamwork!

learn 2 grumble

Posted Image

#31 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

I only PUG and I don't see any issues at all and I regularily hit the 300-500 damage and 2-3 kills per match range. Game is perfectly viable Pugging so I am not sure what the OP is talking about.

#32 DerSpecht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

View Postlockwoodx, on 14 June 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

MWO went from balanced and fun to **** in 2 weeks. What happened?

SRsly WTF is this OP? What do you mean by "unplayable"? you cant enter a game? you have horrible lag or what? cant you even TRY to say what you mean so ppl know what this is about and can actually discuss it?

#33 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

I play nothing but PUG since day1, everything is fine.
What change over the last 2 week? Oh wait I know.

OP must be dying to LRMs or can no longer jumpsnipe after the last patch.

#34 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

I don't always pug, but when I do, I do pretty well.
Posted Image

#35 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:00 AM

3k games as a pug and its all the same to me

#36 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:30 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 14 June 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

When I compiled all the screenshots, it turns out that I'm actually winning more than losing. I just tend to remember the losses better, so it feels like I'm losing all the time.

Wow. My results were the exact opposite. I thought I was winning more because most of my losses are five minute 0 - 8 blowout games. My brain doesn't even register those as "games played". I just exit game and move on.

#37 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

View PostSug, on 15 June 2013 - 05:30 AM, said:

Wow. My results were the exact opposite. I thought I was winning more because most of my losses are five minute 0 - 8 blowout games. My brain doesn't even register those as "games played". I just exit game and move on.

I see. You're one of those disgusting "glass is half full" types, aren't you?

#38 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 15 June 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

I see. You're one of those disgusting "glass is half full" types, aren't you?

Apparently. If someone asked me what I thought my winloss ratio was i'd say like at least 60/40

(it's 46/54)

#39 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

i tend to to find myself on streaks (no not those) pretty often Pugging. yesterday morning i lost about 7 matches in a row w/ various mechs. then won 5 in a row after that then the usuall 2 here 3 there either way. did notice a slight increase of 8- less than 4 matches this week but still more 8-4+ ones than in closed beta.

ready for this one- even had conquest matches where the last guy on either side survived long enough for the cap win (750-650+ scores) and...no one complained about them being cowards, not coming out to fight and die, "capwarrior" comments or anything. clearly much of the player base has been kidnapped and replaced by alien duplicates cause cap wins aren't supposed to go like that right? :huh:

#40 BigBadHarv

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

yup. the game is unplayable, especially on weekends.
"a thinking persons shooter" - that may be true, pity the player base is beyond s*1t at this stage and the matchmaking is a massive joke. good players get punished by having to wade through the cr@p team mates the game forces on them. players who dont understand the very basics of positioning and who faceplant on their keyboard when put under the slightest bit of pressure.

i really wish PC gaming wasnt as popular as it is now. so many rubbish ppl taking massive dumps on every game on the market :s

Edited by BigBadHarv, 15 June 2013 - 08:52 AM.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users