Ask The Devs 40 - Answered!

659 replies to this topic

#81 Braggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostScarcer, on 14 June 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

See you in a couple weeks. Trust me, you're just having trouble accepting changes that might not effect you while you have pre-assumtions about the entire thing.

You'll see that nothing has really changed from the core experience, your 1st Person View will still be here, and that the game is better than ever with the combination of new features.

Just a heads up;
Calling your bluff.

On the contrary I visit the forums as often as I play;
And I totally represent the rest of the communities demographic and all.

no,  I won't.  Plenty of games out there are willing to earn my money.  PGI will never, ever see another penny from me. Perhaps i'll play more, but i can guarantee that they will never earn any money from me.  

Like i said, this could be great for PGI, or it could be terrible. I personally hope terrible because they have done nothing but backpedal and lie to their supporters.  That is something i refuse to accept, regardless of who makes the game.

I own my own business, and I know what it means to be a man of my word.  PGI absolutely does not.

Edited by Braggart, 14 June 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#82 Tungol

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

Until I saw the "FPV is hardcore" comment, it looked to me like everything was still moving in the right direction. It's true I do look for the 3PV toggle sometimes, but I don't think there should be one. They say this is a RT sim as an excuse for diverging from TT, and they're right. So how can you go to 3PV which is totally unrealistic and nothing but a cheat? If it weren't a cheat, and it wouldn't affect gameplay, I wouldn't be reflexively trying to switch to it! Glad to see they're making real progress on other things, so I'm still generally hopeful. And really, I do enjoy it. The main thing damping my enthusiasm is the lack of accomplishments. I'm just piling up useless XP and C-bills now. And if they're concerned about assaults clogging the matches they should bring in repair costs. Reload costs too AFAIC. That might keep people from shooting me in the back with their ***** "weapon tests".

#83 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

think of it this way. You are now all hardcore players! isn't that awesome

#84 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

View PostTennex, on 14 June 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

The elite of the elite, knowing that each battle could be our last. We are...mechwarriors.

Unfortunately, it's all meaningless, because third persons will demand equal rights in community warfare, so even if we don't like it, we're gonna have to play it. Like we had to poptart or take a break.

#85 Scarcer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostBraggart, on 14 June 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

no, I won't. Plenty of games out there are willing to earn my money. PGI will never, ever see another penny from me. Perhaps i'll play more, but i can guarantee that they will never earn any money from me.

Like i said, this could be great for PGI, or it could be terrible. I personally hope terrible because they have done nothing but backpedal and lie to their supporters. That is something i refuse to accept, regardless of who makes the game.

I own my own business, and I know what it means to be a man of my word. PGI absolutely does not.

Does your business handle complicated copy-rights, investors and publishers telling you what you can or cant do? Do you make changes according to information? # of employees?

Life isn't a one size fits all glove.

A person with all the worlds experience of running a successful manufacturing company from blueprint orders wouldn't know the first thing about running the successful retail chain selling their labor.

Edited by Scarcer, 14 June 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#86 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostDocBach, on 14 June 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

I'm wondering why he thinks the player base would play more third person than first person after the response third person got?

probably because the people who'd want 3rd person and don't like 1st person, don't currently play the game. its about broadening the appeal.

#87 Scarcer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostTennex, on 14 June 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

I fail to see the problem or emotional value.

Petty complaints they make.

I'll definitely have fun with the 3PV eye-candy, but in all honesty 1PV will be the first choice.

Edited by Scarcer, 14 June 2013 - 08:02 PM.

#88 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

I just want to say that I want a "HARDCORE" banner in my cockpit when this game launches because I managed to survive the trying days of open beta when all we had was FPV.

Also, you're silly for thinking that many more people will play 3PV than FPV. 90%+ of the forums don't want it. I know you refuse to believe the majority opinion on the forums represents the majority opinion of the community, but, come on.

#89 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

So, is there going to be a special achievement for playing nothing but "hardcore" games? Or maybe special unlocks, or some such thing? I am happy to hear that PGI is currently saying they are adding 3PV as a separate mode. Hopefully, it stays a separate mode.

View PostBlueSanta, on 14 June 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

I just want to say that I want a "HARDCORE" banner in my cockpit when this game launches because I managed to survive the trying days of open beta when all we had was FPV.

Also, you're silly for thinking that many more people will play 3PV than FPV. 90%+ of the forums don't want it. I know you refuse to believe the majority opinion on the forums represents the majority opinion of the community, but, come on.

You should get a "hardcore" banner, just because you were able to figure out how to turn your legs and torso separately!

#90 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

The problem is that we on the forums aren't on the demographic they want... stated previously, so in essence we're chopped liver? Canon fodder? Oh I know Cash Cows!

Draxist: Would the Dev's consider doing community survey's once a month or once every two months via email? Another beta game I play uses these to gain feedback en mass from the community upon specific topics or in general.
The survey questions range from "is xy satisfying" or "rate how well you feel this mechanic works" to "any feature you want to see in game?" with a text box.
I know the game will be launching soon, but even after launch, a community survey about features being tested or that are currently "issues" could help the devs in getting a better feel for what the community feels without all the forum rage.
A: We are doing this. We just haven’t sent one out to certain demographics of players yet.

That is the other thing that stands out... so how many actual forum users have received questionnaires? Probably none because we're not the demographic, that's the console players or those with 5 or less posts on these forums which bypasses the actual community who offer suggestions and feedback in these toned down segmented forums. Their just continuing their segmentation of the forum community from their target demographic, in essence... "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil".

#91 Braggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

I would have been more than happy if they would have announced a new mech assault. Because that is pretty much exactly what this thing is gonna end up.

I played mechassault, it is a fun game, no doubt. But it wasnt mechwarrior.

honestly, pretend that Eve online never stuck their promises originally. A company can earn peoples loyalty and money.

Edited by Braggart, 14 June 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#92 ilikain

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 67 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

I do not post often, but I am seriously annoyed by the 3PV... WTH!

Do you seriously think this is going to bring in THAT MUCH MORE MONEY? I cannot imagine that it will, but in exchange you **** off a huge contingent of your paying customers. <baffle> <boggle><I Don't even>

Grr...

Another thing that really peeves me, the work that had to be done to get 3PV in the game COULD AHVE BEEN USED ELSEWHERE to make the game better...

DOUBLE GRR!

Edited by ilikain, 14 June 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#93 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 14 June 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

So, is there going to be a special achievement for playing nothing but "hardcore" games? Or maybe special unlocks, or some such thing? I am happy to hear that PGI is currently saying they are adding 3PV as a separate mode. Hopefully, it stays a separate mode.

You should get a "hardcore" banner, just because you were able to figure out how to turn your legs and torso separately!

Considering that 3rd person wasn't going to be a part of MWO, I would be surprised if they remained separate for long. Heck they might not even start out separate.

#94 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

View Postilikain, on 14 June 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

Another thing that really peeves me, the work that had to be done to get 3PV in the game COULD AHVE BEEN USED ELSEWHERE to make the game better...

DOUBLE GRR!

Yup. Rather than implement in-game voice or a tutorial level to help a new player, they'd rather push out this **** in an effort to attract a kind of player few of us want around here. I don't see how 3PV attracts a massive influx of new players to make it worth it, when that time and effort could have been spent better elsewhere making the actual game itself better.

#95 johnyboy420

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 197 posts
  • Locationyour momma's house

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

well that 3PV **** just runed this game looks like im done with mech no more moneyz for PGI i guess your trackrecord is true

as if the jump meta and PPC meta going on for 6 painful months and you do this GL

you gave 3erd a reticule any hardcore mechwarrior will be ****

Edited by johnyboy420, 14 June 2013 - 08:47 PM.

#96 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

GB Tarkus: When can we expect to see SLI/Crossfire and TrackIR in game.
A: When our team has extra time.

ugh, really? SLI or Crossfire would make the game much more enjoyable for many. Pay the crew some O/T and just get it out of the way.

#97 Marchant Consadine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 14 June 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

So I get a "Super Hardcore" banner for turning my hands seperate from my torso and legs!

#98 Valder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationQQmercs.com

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

Seems that they'd be better off adding 3rd person as default view or as an option in their upcoming Training Mission styled training mode, and not in the actual matches. That way, new players wanting to learn could grasp the concepts easier (which is the reason PGI has stated over and over for wanting it) and players wouldn't be upset about the divide in playerbase/matches/etc/...

#99 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

""A: Once players get their hands on 3PV, I think most people will be pleasantly surprised how little the camera impacts gameplay. Early tests are showing that there is not much of an advantage. That being said, until we get this viewmode in the hands of 1000s of players, we’re not going to see how it fully gets used.""

Does anyone beleave this statement? Really? LOL! You have got to be kidding me. Would this be the same test team that has let all the glaring bugs to go live? Well then everything is great!!

Edited by CutterWolf, 14 June 2013 - 08:50 PM.

#100 Braggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

View PostCutterWolf, on 14 June 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

""A: Once players get their hands on 3PV, I think most people will be pleasantly surprised how little the camera impacts gameplay. Early tests are showing that there is not much of an advantage. That being said, until we get this viewmode in the hands of 1000s of players, we’re not going to see how it fully gets used.""

Does anyone beleave this statement? Really? LOL! You have got to be kidding me. Would this be the same test team that has let all the glaring bugs to go live? Well then everything is great!!

the amount of crest humping will be unbelievable. in 3rd person, the first person to step out of cover to advance is gonna get hammered beyond belief.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users