#581 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,626 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

View PostTolkien, on 18 June 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

Do us a favor and defer 3rd person view until zoom is fixed. If you can figure out how to put the camera behind a mech, can you not put it closer to the target....

Amg Zooooom. How the hell is that going to work in 3PV?

When you zoom your whole view zooms in ... so wouldn't zooming in 3PV technically put you in a 1Pv view?

1,000,000 cbills says they release 3PV and this problem is brought up by the community immediately pretty much proving the theory that pgi doesn't really test things.

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 18 June 2013 - 04:55 AM, said:

What matters is attracting new players, because the current community is not sufficient, and it doesn't look like you can recruit more hardcore Battletech fans to the game as we already have.

I need to say this again.

Any gimmick that pgi comes up with to attract new players is not going to give the results that making MWO an actual game would give.

It's CW or die at this point.

And the fact that CW is going to come out right when everyone goes back to school is not encouraging...

I mean, releasing a make or break feature of your game at the end of summer is like...releasing a make or break feature of your game at the end of summer.

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 17 June 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

In the light of recent posted events, is it even appropriate discussing cancer as an analogy?? I know the posters are looking for analogies or whatever but may be a bit wiser and more sensitive to find something more appropriate to use...

What the hell are you talking about?

#582 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

He is talking about Sarah, I believe.

#583 FREDtheDEAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Autstralia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

Despite all the ragequit angry pessimist types going on about the game being DOOOOOOMed (they have for about two years now), there's plenty of players on line: I've not failed to find a match in about six months. Lots and lots of bugs and annoyances have been fixed in the past year. Slower that we would like but its still progress.

Fix the netcode, fix the hit detection, fix damage allocation, fix splash damage, fix one-sided matches, implement CW, implement the new UI, fix all the graphic glitches, rebalance the weapons and mechs, improve image and sound quality, improve performance, introduce a bunch of new maps and mechs... and I'll be happy. Not much to ask.

Career doomsayers need to settle back and pop a Valium.

#584 Kurayami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 916 posts
  • LocationSochi

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostXajorkith, on 18 June 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

which will be pretty much "scrap everything and make anew". adding 3d person view is way easier and some people believe that MWO can be competitive with other TPS's or at least would allow to catch some fast money from COD kiddos who will try to buy some "golden gun" thingy of sorts. Totally legitimate move actually, especially if you dont give a damn about current player base.

people who think that 3pv will deliver and hardcore players cant support the game - remember all founders please. all those people basically signed "yes i want 1st person mecha sim" and agreed to pay exactly for this - do you really think those were not enough players?

as for me MWO will suck colossal **** as TPS. whenever I want to play TPS ill just go for ARMORED CORE.

Edited by Kurayami, 18 June 2013 - 08:20 AM.

#585 Havok1978

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 371 posts
  • LocationTexaz!!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

I was gonna comment on this, but its pretty much all been said by Vass,
the only thing left to say is:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Havok1978, 18 June 2013 - 08:39 AM.

#586 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 14 June 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

MrDoggss: Would there be a possibility of offering premium time in an play-time based form? A lot of players would be more willing to purchase MC/Premium time knowing that it won't just evaporate when we're not able to play. Instead of 3 days, maybe 12 hours?
A: We do not have any plans to make tweaks yet. The implementation is widely accepted and PT sales are incredibly strong. Before changing time slices, we plan to add more benefits as the game evolves.

I would pay more for 24 hours of premium play than I would for a date of premium play.

#587 Kurayami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 916 posts
  • LocationSochi

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

View PostOriginalTibs, on 18 June 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

I would pay more for 24 hours of premium play than I would for a date of premium play.

offering "play time premium" is losing real money to pgi. example - i had 90 days of premium, but stuff happened and i lost about 30 of those due to real life, then some unpopular changes were implemented and i dropped game for another month or so. now i have like 30 days of prepaid premium and i simply don't want to play game as it is now *not in a mood* - pure win for pgi. money for 90 days of premium which was hardly used, and if and when i decide to play actively again ill be forced to buy more since i don't have all time of the world and not a top class 1337 pilot. Now if those were "play time premium" days pgi would go bankrupt before i would buy another day.

Edited by Kurayami, 18 June 2013 - 08:46 AM.

#588 FREDtheDEAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Autstralia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:04 AM

View PostKurayami, on 18 June 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

which will be pretty much "scrap everything and make anew". adding 3d person view is way easier and some people believe that MWO can be competitive with other TPS's or at least would allow to catch some fast money from COD kiddos who will try to buy some "golden gun" thingy of sorts. Totally legitimate move actually, especially if you dont give a damn about current player base.
Nah, just some tweaks. :)

We've gone through two years of people going on ad nausium about how and why (in eye-bleeding detail) the game and franchise is inevitably doomed and how the player base has been betrayed and no one will play... but MWO is still going, there are heaps of Founders still playing and the game is being actively developed.

Currently the game is a lot more fun to play that it was when there were four maps and impossible rubberbanding if your ping was over 100. I think that's a good sign.

Two game companies that are hiring new staff obviously don't think their main project is quite as DOOMED as the forum's perpetual QQers do. I'd say they are in a much better position to know.

Edited by Xajorkith, 18 June 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#589 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,626 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

View PostPyrrho, on 18 June 2013 - 07:33 AM, said:

He is talking about Sarah, I believe.

A first name does not help. Still no idea what he's talking about. No mention of cancer in this thread until those awful analogies.

#590 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

View PostXajorkith, on 18 June 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

Two game companies that are hiring new staff obviously don't think their main project is quite as DOOMED as the forum's perpetual QQers do. I'd say they are in a much better position to know.

Hiring more staff doesn't change the problems, such as poor balance (do we need more chefs for that?), poor gameplay (which has been stale, since the addition of conquest), and poor management (information providing).

None of this would change with more people involved.

Edited by Deathlike, 18 June 2013 - 09:19 AM.

#591 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostSug, on 18 June 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

A first name does not help. Still no idea what he's talking about. No mention of cancer in this thread until those awful analogies.

Really? Comon, you're on the forum more than enough.

http://mwomercs.com/...9110-for-sarah/

There will be a special Jenner mech next week in honor of her or something.

#592 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

Kmieciu: PGI did a great job balancing LRMs in the recent patches. Gradual increase in damage (0.7->0.9->1.1) is the right way to balance things. How about applying the same rule to balancing SRMs, LBX and Machine guns? Maybe a 20% boost in DPS in the next patch?
A: Paul has outlined a series of incoming changes to SRMs. Check out the Command Chair for the latest weapon tuning information.

PGI Did a great Job in balancing LRM's in the recent patches???? Ok, so let me get this straight. How did they do a good job Balancing when now it is hard to even play in a capture battle because of the incessent "Missle Boating"? Now don't get me wrong. I think boating should be everyones option as it is part of the core spirit of this game. You have a giant robot that you can customize. Whats not to like about that....oh yeah, wait...Except now you can't customize it so much.

Not to mention the fact that you can't equip an ECM on any mech. Now you have to limit your playing experience to mechs that have an ECM hard point for you to equip it??? Leaving those who really want to play the mechs they fell in love with, as missile fodder. I say leave the damage as it is, but give us back the ability not to fall pray to an incessant amount of missle swarms. Is that too much to ask?

#593 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

@ Karl Kerensky

I see your point, but right now i would say that the hardcore population is not big enough to support the game, mostly because of how many MW:O appears to be bleeding. If not that, then PGI does not think that the current population base is big enough and is trying to find ways to bring in more players. Even if these casuals don't stay forever, PGI will probably be able to get more then enough cash from them to develop the game to the point that MW:O will be enticing enough to bring back the lost hardcore players. This may or may not happen, but we will have to see. Also, why i everyone saying that 3rd person view will not be scrapped if it turns out horrible and unbalanceable? I mean, 3rd person view will only be coming out for the test server for now, not the live server, and any concerns about could be tweaked. I can virtually guarantee that PGI recognizes that they are walking on a razor wire when it comes to the 3rd person view outcome, and it is highly likely that they will scrap 3rd person view if it is not possible to balance, or it provides too much of an advantage with no way to counter balance 1st person view. PGI had scrapped things in the past that had lots of work doen on it, and I do not think that 3rd person view is an exception. When 3rd person view comes out, I wonder how many people will be whining about how 3rd person view's implementation sucks instead of giving ideas on how to make it not suck.

Edited by shellashock, 18 June 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#594 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

It's not "razor wire". It's 3rd rail.

#595 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 18 June 2013 - 04:55 AM, said:

a lot of us just want our battletech flavored Stompy Robot games with fancy graphics and can swallow a lot.

​And that sir/mam is exactly what they want. People who just shut up swallow it and take it. People like your example are the ideal consumer every business would love, someone who takes whatever as long as it resembles something they thought they were buying.

Go to a car dealership to buy a car but they sold you a truck because it still had 4 wheels and an engine...

#596 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 18 June 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

It's not "razor wire". It's 3rd rail.

What do you mean? Also, I guess it would e better to say they are walking on a razor's edge, or razor blade.

#597 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,626 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

View Posthammerreborn, on 18 June 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

Really? Comon, you're on the forum more than enough.

http://mwomercs.com/...9110-for-sarah/

There will be a special Jenner mech next week in honor of her or something.

Must have missed that. I never really delve into the forums I just bring up the page and glance at the titles on the right.

I guess I'm a jerk, it's cool this got so much support, but it just seems like a strange thing to do. Like really strange.

Edited by Sug, 18 June 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#598 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

View Postshellashock, on 18 June 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

What do you mean? Also, I guess it would e better to say they are walking on a razor's edge, or razor blade.

It's my personal nickname for 3rd person. It's a sensitive topic, and unless you can convince people that it's not bad (which is unlikely, given PGI's track record), it'll remind them of the imbalance that was MW4's 3rd person implementation.

#599 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 18 June 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

It's my personal nickname for 3rd person. It's a sensitive topic, and unless you can convince people that it's not bad (which is unlikely, given PGI's track record), it'll remind them of the imbalance that was MW4's 3rd person implementation.

ah okay that makes more sense. I am too literal for the internet I guess. Need to brush up on slang.

#600 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostSug, on 18 June 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

Must have missed that. I never really delve into the forums I just bring up the page and glance at the titles on the right.

I guess I'm a jerk, it's cool this got so much support, but it just seems like a strange thing to do. Like really strange.

You're not the only one. I'm right there with you. As much as I love Jenners...and I really, really love Jenners, if it's named Sarah I'm not touching it with a 10ft pole.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users