#601 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,626 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

View Posthammerreborn, on 18 June 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

You're not the only one. I'm right there with you. As much as I love Jenners...and I really, really love Jenners, if it's named Sarah I'm not touching it with a 10ft pole.

Well that's kinda an ******* thing to say...

#602 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

I thought Sarah's mech was a Raven, but I guess I am just confused by all the banners I see with a Raven painted to match a field of dandelions.

#603 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostPyrrho, on 18 June 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

I thought Sarah's mech was a Raven, but I guess I am just confused by all the banners I see with a Raven painted to match a field of dandelions.

I said the same thing in the related thread. Go figure.

#604 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 14 June 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

MrTarget: Why ditch the Orion from June's update?
A: We wanted to offer a mech with a slightly different meta game.

So, let me get this straight: We have an overabundance of jumpsnipers (Highlander, Cata, Trebuchet, and eventually Victor). But instead of getting a well-rounded mech, we get another jumping heavy. It's not a different meta, its the exact same meta we already have.

#605 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

View Post101011, on 18 June 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

So, let me get this straight: We have an overabundance of jumpsnipers (Highlander, Cata, Trebuchet, and eventually Victor). But instead of getting a well-rounded mech, we get another jumping heavy. It's not a different meta, its the exact same meta we already have.

Yea but the hitboxes mean it's easily killed off, needs XL engine to get anything out of the speed or weapons. It's meant to be a close fast brawler... light's are already eyeing this thing off. At least the Victor I can see forming up a decent close range brawler with speed/armour/jumpjets, the Quickdraw wouldn't even fancy as support, rather a Cataphult and 2 Brawler Phracts with a lead Victor to lay some pain.

#606 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

View Posthammerreborn, on 18 June 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

You're not the only one. I'm right there with you. As much as I love Jenners...and I really, really love Jenners, if it's named Sarah I'm not touching it with a 10ft pole.

yeah, maybe like a banner or something, or a statue with dates, but like - shooting at a robot named after a dead little girl the same age as my daughter feels a little macabre.

#607 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

I just stopped by the thread to see what the community thoug-----

Posted Image

#608 Pericles

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • 35 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol Star System

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:35 AM

View PostGrimlockONE, on 14 June 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Posted Image

We are getting closer and closer to that reality than to...

Posted Image

Isn't that the ******* truth...cause the world needs more Mechinsults... :P

#609 Alvor

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostAlvor, on 26 February 2013 - 03:54 AM, said:

Community Warfare

New User Interface U.I. and Mission Management.

New Mech Bay and graphics update plus net code.

and the much awaited 3rd person view play preview.

:
:

Enjoy, do not be so serious, its a game.

Have fun

#610 FREDtheDEAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Autstralia

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:04 AM

I'm so glad this load of juvenile and unhelpful non-constructive criticism will be burred with the last two years worth, gone without a trace. Bye bye.

#611 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,626 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:47 AM

View PostXajorkith, on 19 June 2013 - 03:04 AM, said:

I'm so glad this load of juvenile and unhelpful non-constructive criticism will be burred with the last two years worth, gone without a trace. Bye bye.

Burred?

#612 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostICEFANG13, on 15 June 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

Why did they even work on putting it in game instead of making the core players that already exist happier?

Possibly, because there isn't enough of us to keep the game viable, or just plain greed ?

Up to everyone to deside this, and then deside what they are going to do.

#613 Slaytronic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

"FPV being something that you use if you are a true sim-head" as if this was a sim rofl

"It costs an engineer a lot of time and money to change a mech’s core configuration" They also cost a lot to repair and rearm but we don't do that either

Krzysztof z Bagien: Any other game of similar kind I play shows actual number of people playing at the moment, often with average time to join the match. Can we get the player counter back, maybe with UI 2.0? And why did you remove it after closed beta in the first place?
A: It was a business decision to remove sensitive data. Queue time is something we’re looking at though.
(does no one get it the game at max had online was only 4900 i doubt those numbers are anywhere near it now you want proof? I have seen the numbers of many clans go downhill just ask around)

#614 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

How is it you can be on an island with the cryengine when their claim is
"Crytek sets the benchmark for engine support"? is their support not all its cracked up to be?

#615 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:00 PM

View PostPyrrho, on 18 June 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

Yeah, that was misleading, PGI"s memorial screenshot, was of a Raven in a field of dandelions, but their writeup for Sarah, said that she loved to pilot a Jenner, so no idea why they did not use a Jenner in the picture. Anyway, if Sarah's family is OK with PGI selling a mech in her memory, then I would not have a problem with seeing it in-game as long as some of the profit went to the family, or to a charity of their choice.

View PostXajorkith, on 19 June 2013 - 03:04 AM, said:

Quit the forums if you find them offensive, but don't quit the game, unless the game is not what you want.

Edited by Ed Steele, 19 June 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#616 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:40 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 19 June 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

as long as some of the profit went to the family, or to a charity of their choice.

If I understood Garth correctly, neither Sarah's family or PGI will get any of the profits, it will all go to (some kind of cancer research) charity.

#617 Mr Blonde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 175 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 18 June 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

It's my personal nickname for 3rd person. It's a sensitive topic, and unless you can convince people that it's not bad (which is unlikely, given PGI's track record), it'll remind them of the imbalance that was MW4's 3rd person implementation.

The reason they're getting so much grief over 3rd person is their dishonesty in that arena. They may have used weaselly lawyer-phrases to make sure they had wiggle room to implement it, but they sure made it sound like it was going to be FPV only, and the arcade guys would just have to suck it up cause this was going to be a simulator. Then after they got all our money the deception was laid bare, but too late to get our $ back. Honestly, I would have never bothered with this game had I known it would go this way, simply because now it'll be just like any other game you could play in this genre. I was looking for something that was both better and unique, and without 3PV it would be that.

#618 krash27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 582 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

So is it safe to assume that casual players who just log in and hit launch solo will be forced to potentially play against people using 3PV? Is 1PV for for organized teams only since they will be the ones doing the scheduled matches and not casuals (Not to mention hardcore mode sounds like suicide for casuals who prefer 1PV only)?

Edited by krash27, 20 June 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#619 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

View Postkrash27, on 20 June 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

So is it safe to assume that casual players who just log in and hit launch solo will be forced to potentially play against people using 3PV? Is 1PV for for organized teams only since they will be the ones doing the scheduled matches and not casuals (Not to mention hardcore mode sounds like suicide for casuals who prefer 1PV only)?

No, it is not safe to assume that.

We fear this may end up being the case, in part due to the wording of the last ATD response, but I would not call it a "safe assumption."

In theory, CW and "General Queue" matches will have both a 1PV and 3PV option, so in theory, everyone will get what they want.

There are fears that this may not be the case, that we may be forced into the 3PV queue, or that they may later merge them if queue times are too long. Those fears may be unfounded, and we are trying to ensure that is the case :D

#620 James DeGriz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 374 posts
  • LocationRainham, Kent UK

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:29 AM

I read a review of MWO vs Hawken on Ten Ton Hammer last week, and the reviewer basically concluded that if you wanted a fast twitch based mech based shooter, you played Hawken. If you wanted a slower, but more "real" feeling mech sim, you played MechWarrior. He said that neither was "better" than the other one because they were both catering to a different audience.

My concern is that if the thrust of appeal for MWO is geared towards 3PV, it puts it much more as a competitor for Hawken than it realistically ever was. As Hawken was designed from the ground up to be that kind of game, then naturally it's going to trump MWO from a great height.

It cannot be stressed enough PGI. Don't try and make MWO something it isn't just because you think it's going to line your pockets. I honestly cannot believe you're that short sighted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users