All my Jaggers are Mastered, so this one I love:

Jagger-DD

Its my deadliest mech, with an actual positive >1 K/D ratio

Dual Gauss
8 Tons ammo
XL 255 because you get cored anyway...

All the Armor to fit.

If I actually shoot all the ammo, ends up doing 1000+ dmg

Be not afraid to engage closer than 1000meters ...:D, just keep moving, practice those medium-long range precision shots while moving. Even at 200M its fun.

#22 J I N

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:47 PM

A Build for my CN9-D

Loadout:
2x AC5 (4t ammo)
2x ML
STD 240 engine (for the zombie in me^^)

The main idea of this build is to focus fire even in a brawl. But you need to know where you have to hit a mech to destroy the most dangerous weapons, like one side of every CN9 or Atlas, or which builds use XLs like many Cataphracts do. If you are able to destroy most direct firepower, there is nearly no chance, that you will be killed by that opponent.

The most fun is to take a sidetorso or leg and maybe both sides to disarm them totally.
It's a hell of a fun to take the right side from an Atlas or Highlander to watch them run :(
(once i got 2 disarmed Atlas and an disarmed Stalker alongside each other ^^)

#23 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:53 PM

Cent-D w/ xl370-390. So much fun fighting other "scouts"!

#24 Dexter Herbivore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 241 posts
  • LocationPerth WA

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

A Spider, 12 JJs, 2 MPL and a bad attitude. Nothing in this game is more fun than being an almost unhittable pest that flies and will cap your shizzle if you get careless.

#25 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:03 AM

Im particularly enjoy this build of the BJ3

XL180
4 LLas
13 DHS
Endo
4 JJ
288 Amour

weapons are grouped as
Group 1 2LLas (torso) on chain fire
Group 2 2LLas (arms) on group fire
Group 3 4LLas on group fire

Moves about as fast as an Atlas, at 65kph(72kph with tweak).
The JJ allow me to get into sniping position and quickly traverse cliff edge or desperately jump over an enemy mechs.

This is a support build, the idea is to hang back and provide continues LLas support using group 1, throw in group 2 when I have a clear shot or even an alpha without risking shutdown.

#26 Krazy Kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

View PostJohnny Reb, on 19 June 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

Cent-D w/ xl370-390. So much fun fighting other "scouts"!

A fast D is loads of fun.
My D with XL325 UAC5, 2xMLAS, and 2 Streaks. 115.8 KPH with speed tweak :-)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...28fca3cd662901e

#27 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

View PostKrazy Kat, on 20 June 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

A fast D is loads of fun.
My D with XL325 UAC5, 2xMLAS, and 2 Streaks. 115.8 KPH with speed tweak :-)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...28fca3cd662901e

Lose the ua5 and try this:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1c0d90b1772f7d5
or
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c4cd65316fa8e12

edit: with cap, seismic and uav. Love it. Cant outrun true lights, however, if they want to engage you can wear them down. Till they disengage or die. Also, when I die its mainly being legged.

Edited by Johnny Reb, 20 June 2013 - 10:01 PM.

#28 Ningyo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

Seems there's some support for the Fast non-zombie Cents. If you can write a description of your fun method to play it, I will add it to first post. (could edit your post, or add a new one) Others feel free to chip in too.

#29 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostFudowara Hakeido, on 19 June 2013 - 05:46 AM, said:

Why do you feel the elite efficiencies enhance your aggressiveness? The only good one, IMO, is extra speed. The rest, well, seem irrelevant.

Once you unlock all the Elite Efficiences, it doubles the effectiveness of all basic effeciences.

#30 Tahribator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:47 AM

Aside from cheesy or standart stuff, here are some truly unique and fun mechs;
  • Cent-A: Dive into the middle of the enemy team and watch in awe(or horror) as you survive for 3 minutes straight! Suggested loadout: extra pants.
  • Treb-7M: Experience what's it like to be a big spider with missiles! Load it up with ML's, Streaks and SRM's and straight up take on any light or assault with ease. The question is; did you skip the leg days at the Gym? How long will your legs last?
  • Spidey-5V: No weapons they said, jumpjets useless they said, worst Spider and thus worst mech in this game they said. They were WRONG! This magnificent flying piece of machinery will get to the highest points in a single jump. Getting chased by a Raven and a Cicada? Jump on that building in lower city and watch as your foes suddenly drop IQ just like a dog trying to figure out a Rubik's cube.
  • Awsum-9M: "Wait, who put this piece of crap on this list? TAHH you TROLL!" This is the best and worst mech in this game. It's worst because it can be 1v1'd by even a Commando, it's best because this is literally the hardest mech to make it work and when it does work; you feel like a guy who beat a Ferrari with a Lada on a highway. You just pretend the Ferrari was racing.
  • Hunchie-4H: Do you like those weird delivery simulators? Well, here's one for you. You deliver DEATH or coup de grâce. Running around in the Brawl in a hurry with those awkward running animations, trying to find recipients of your AC20; it is the ultimate postman experience.
  • Stalkiy-3F: With 6PPC's this . . . .hahahahaha just kidding.
  • Phract-4X: Mostly made obsolete by the Jager, this poor mech is still great for all kinds of weird builds(2xLBX-10!?). Just make sure to fill that head missile point. A few enemy pilots are known to have died laughing at that LRM5.
  • Cicada-3M: Now, you'll say "What the hell Tah? What is this craptastic mech good for?" and I'll tell you; "dem heavy ballistics going 130KPH". Slap an AC10 on this little ****** and experience the ultimate "I AM THE LAWL!" effect, until someone decides it's time to put the annoying little Cicada to sleep.
  • Dragons: Do you like living on the edge? Living fast and suddenly realizing "HOLY CRAP RED CT!". This mech will teach you how to survive on that bright red CT for minutes under fire. The ultimate machine for procrastinators.

Edited by Tahribator, 30 June 2013 - 01:49 AM.

#31 Goregrimm

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

I really enjoy Firebrand with a XL280, 2 PPC, and 2 UAC/5s. Lots of fun.

#32 Ningyo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

Nice Tahribator, but do you have any specific builds for those? Fun read though.

#33 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

i like my trusty hunchy 4sp. 92kph with speed tweak. 4ML, 1SL (head slot), 2 SSRMs and 2 tons of ammo w/ BAP. finally squeezed the BAP in so those damned ecm lights can't ignore my streaks. runs a little bit warm on caustic and tormaline (sacrificed some heat sinks and downgraded the head laser to a SL to fit the BAP and an extra ton of ammo in) so i have to remind myself that even though there's 3 mechs all standing on top of each other so there's no way to miss that i really should avoid doing that last alpha...

i also like my Baby Boomer- BJ-DC w/ AC20, 2MLs and tops out around 80kph. it's one goal in life is to someday grow up and become an ac40 jager. i do die a lot in it but people don;t usually expect the ac20 round to come from the blackjack so i try to stay next to a jager when i play it. sorry jager. :)

#34 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

+1 vote for the Jenner F.

I just looked at my stats and was surprised to see a k/d of 2 even though I only ever PUG in it.

Great fun AND 2x kills!

#35 XanderTuringVTuber

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

The Awesome 9M isn't the best 'Mech, but it isn't as horrible as people say it is. (Still not a powerful 'Mech.)

Regardless, it is absolutely fun as hell to pilot. Slap a 360XL or 380XL engine in there and go nuts. You can go fast and pack a decent punch. Don't try to brawl too much, you're still as bulky as any other Awesome out there.

I usually run in this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d03f154f1e77318

Pew pew!
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...175e302b0219318

380 engine. I just threw this together, you can replace the LPLs with PPCs:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d1077617295486e

#36 Just wanna play

• 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

3 lbx/10 ilya, or i guess a 4x hract with 2 ac10s 2 medium laserz 255 engine and an srm4, that thing was pretty fun

#37 Pastor Priest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

TBT-5J with dual ER PPCs, dual MLAS, a 280XL, and 4 JJs.

#38 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

Here is my list:

Light: X-5

Medium: YLW

Heavy: Cataphract 3D

Assault: Heavy Metal

#39 Apocryph0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 325 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

Brawling Victor it is for me (the Dragon Slayer thingy, y'know)

I am still figuring out a better loadout in regards to missiles and ballistics, but genreally it's 330XL, PPC, 2xMPL, 2x SRM4 or SRM6 (depending on ballistics) and any combination of ACs in the other arm.

I usually brawl down 2 or 3 mechs before I die the unevitable death due to XL Engine :D

JJing around other Assaults and wreaking havoc to their Rear Torso with SRM6's is a bit funnier than the cheesy "Oh look i got 3 PPC and a Gauss" builds.

#40 Oriius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:13 AM

Ive been having fun in my newly mastered Jagers. This DD build is one i enjoy a lot. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5f112cb85a672fe

2 UAC5
4 MG
2 ML

Was mostly just a "for fun" no XL engine build, but it can actually be kinda good. Something fun about shredding those atlas' guns then just playing with it's harmless zombie. Clearly though it's big weakness being that it is a dps setup and not an alpha one.

Does seem to shock people when they take out a side torso and you keep shooting, it's great, some people even stop shooting you for a moment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users