65 replies to this topic

#41 Cairbre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 163 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:42 AM

I pilot the exact same thing Galen- it is amazing how much damage that thing can pump out. It is so satisfying to knock assaults on their butts!

#42 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

While I have more "serious" builds that may score a bit higher than these ones, the following are eccentric enough to be "fun" builds:

Hunchback H, with Standard 250, Ferro, Endo, Double heatsinks, 3 Medium Lasers and either an AC10 with AMS or an AC20. Faster than it should be, annoying, and capable of taking parts off larger mechs when they least expect. It's a bit fragile, like all smaller mechs, but it is so much fun clobbering something much bigger and deadlier than you, or watching an assault mech go on a slow, furious chase after you because he just can't take the beating anymore.

Awesome 8R, with Standard 275, Double Heatsinks, 2 medium lasers, BAP, and 3 LRM 15's with Artemis. Drop 45 missiles on people and watch them explode. Focus on Stalkers since it's funny to blow up the death-blimps (with their billion PPC's) with a mech that nobody respects using a weapon that usually gets little respect.

Jagermech-S: Uses 3 AC5's or 2 AC10's, but never an AC20 pair. Blow stuff up effectively - and loudly! and watch as foes can't complain because you're not a cheese-Jager... hehe.

Edited by oldradagast, 08 July 2013 - 08:27 AM.

#43 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

ES, FF, STD250, AC20, at least 2 lasers is a standard Hunchback 4H/4G build.

#44 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostModo44, on 08 July 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

ES, FF, STD250, AC20, at least 2 lasers is a standard Hunchback 4H/4G build.

True... but playing a Hunchback (or any Medium) at all these days qualifies as "fun" and a bit different, IMHO.

Edited by oldradagast, 08 July 2013 - 10:32 AM.

#45 Winterdyne

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:29 AM

I love Spiders. 5D with 3 mpl, 5V with 2mp, and the 5K with 4mg and 1ml. XL255, Full armour, speed tweak as soon as you can, and as many JJ's as you can get to fit. Challenging, but very fun. Very different playstyle needed compared to brawlers or snipers - it'***** and run all the time.

Edited by Winterdyne, 10 July 2013 - 03:30 AM.

#46 MrMasakari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 387 posts
  • LocationThe Kerensky Cluster

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:37 AM

Most lights/Mediums are great fun, I think Jenners/spiders are up there with Cicadas, they can pack a punch and be amazingly annoying. They can be pretty durable too if you keep moving and try and split the damage you take across the board.

Some heavies can be a lot of fun too, depends how you yourself play and how you build your 'Mechs, fast brawling 'Mechs are the most fun from my perspective, but some people have a lot of fun with alpha stalkers and such so its up to you. Just experiment and have fun.

#47 CaptOven

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

My newest Favourites are my Dragons but strangest/best fun build is my Flame.

It has a 330 XL with a speed of 98 after speed tweak, 18bDHS, FF, 4 MPL and a AC/5 with 2 tons of ammo.

I originally had 20 DHS and an AC/2 instead of a AC/5 but I kept overheating it. I never had bad heat problems with 4 MPL and 2 Streak Hunchie 4SP. While I'm sure that I can't alpha as high I can't say I spotted any real difference and now when I do I can concentrate on firing the AC/5 more accurately. I normally help to defend the line from Light Mechs as the 4 MPL are awesome at that and while you can't chase after them they don't normally hang around too long. Early in the match you can have some pot shots with your AC/5 or close in with a few faster medium Mechs. But it's the arms that make it fun and have saved my neck numerous times by being able to fire most of my wepaon in the same direction that not straight on.

Just a great fun Mech and has one of my better K/D ratios. ;)

#48 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

Ac40 Cicada.

You may not win often, you may die a lot, but all it takes is that one SURPRISE!!!!*BOOM for you to fall in absolute love. I never get tired of kills in it, and despite its detriment to my K/D, I still continue to pilot it for the luls.

Plus, nothing seems to **** off diehard players more. On both sides. :)

#49 BlacKcuD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

If you consider "lots of Dakka" to be fun (can't imagine anyone who wouldn't), check out this build:
http://mwo-builds.ne...uide-dakka/993/
Jagermech DD, 2xAC2 2xAC5 2xMG 2xSML Laser.

This build is a blast because it deals a lot of damage, while visually pleasing the pilot. Even the Garth himself admitted that on Twitter and a player referred to this build as a loud-out. You will have to tune down your sound while playing, because there is so much DAKKA!

#50 Toffa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 113 posts
  • LocationAn unknown, back-water planet of the IS

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

View PostTanar, on 03 July 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

ii also like my Baby Boomer- BJ-DC w/ AC20, 2MLs and tops out around 80kph. it's one goal in life is to someday grow up and become an ac40 jager. i do die a lot in it but people don;t usually expect the ac20 round to come from the blackjack so i try to stay next to a jager when i play it. sorry jager. ;)

Awwww- Yeeeah!

I manged to build my BJ-1DC just like a baby-Jager, to hang around with my wife's Firebrand. 2x AC5's 4x MLAS. 325XL engine. Woo!

My fav' BJ is a BJ1 BLAM! AC20, 3x MLAS and 2 JJ's, for those hard to reach places ^_^ Punches "Big Holes" in stuff and is running on a 1.75 Win/Loss and a 4.14 KDR.

#51 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:31 PM

This is my Hunchie:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...00646f390739660

Nothing too special about it. Good speed, Good armor, decent firepower with the AC/20.

What's fun about it? Load it up with seismic and target info modules, then sneak off the the enemy rear, the enemy flank, heck even head-on with the right terrain and wreck havoc.

Speed, terrain, and surprise are key with this mech. I've been using it like a 50 ton James Bond, which has been incredibly liberating after playing Atlai for so long. ;)

Stats so far:

29 games, 1.64 w/l, 3.07 k/d, 353 damage per match.

Edited by JigglyMoobs, 28 August 2013 - 11:38 PM.

#52 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

My new toy: Hunchback 4G with Standard 250, Endo, Ferro, DHS, LBX-10, 2 machine guns, and 3 medium lasers. It's a steady rain of bullets all over the place, and it's very annoying, which makes it more fun, IMHO.

#53 joedawg39s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 239 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

My quickdraws are terrible at getting kills but they are so fun to pilot. I with that much speed and jump jets I can stay alive in situations I have no business being in. Being completely outgunned and responding with D.F.A.s is pretty epic in my book.

Edited by joedawg39s, 29 August 2013 - 04:12 PM.

#54 Red Line Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:58 PM

I'm a hunchback fan, so here are my two favorites:

My HBK 4H
AC20
3 SLsr
2 MLsr
STD 250

And a cute little 4P
5 MLsr
4 SLsr
STD 275

#55 Royalewithcheese

• 2,342 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

If you haven't tried the shotgun DDC, you need to try the shotgun DDC. Here's one:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...dd4585bfbb248b6

I think it has too much ammo b/c you run out of robots to shoot long before you run out of LB-X shells. Also an amazing c-bill generator if you're good about farming assists with the Medium Lasers.

#56 Rabcor

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 53 posts
  • LocationReyljavik (Cus it's cooler than Reykjavík)

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:52 AM

Jagermech JM6-DD with 3x AC/5 (chain) and 1x AC/2, 150 ammo each for a total of 950 dmgif all your shots hit, both the ac/5 and ac/2 deplete at the same speed.

The only flaw with the build is that if your ammo gets blown off (say if you keep it all in 1 place with a case like i do) or you lose both your hands, you're not gonna shoot anything else. It's an unbalanced build but when you own, you really do own. When you don't, you usually die without dealing much damage, the trick is not to be too aggressive so that you'll survive longer and get off more shots, and learn to pick your battles before you enter them. (If theres a big crowd on both ends, go nuts, there will be people standing idle on both sides, the middle of terra therma for example.) brawl 1v1 and you will usually win, i managed to tear an atlas into pieces because he couldn't see anything due to the constant flow of AC fire.

Stalker STK-5M, you can either load it out as the biggest LRM boat ever.
It can also be the biggest SRM boat ever, add a few ER LLs or PPCs or LRG Pulse lasers to that (whatever you fancy) and you're ready to go for any combat situation. heat management is difficult though for the stalkers because they just carry so many weapons.

Atlas AS7-RS(C) with an AC/20, 4 medium lasers and 25 LRMs. Its not too different from the default build (Gauss, 4 meds, 30 LRM) but it makes for a much better brawler, the AC/20 is just so fun to use,and ever since i put up that build on him i have been too lazy to try anything else because it just works getting me usually at least 500dmg if i play right.

#57 qki

• 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

as much as I like my jenners, I think my favourite mech is a COM-2D commando with 3xSRM4, ECM, 175XL engine and 4.5 tons of armour. Mirrors the Koshi Battlemech (not to confuse with Mist Lynx Omni-mech) that I have a fondness of.

#58 Autobot9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:30 AM

Atlas D-DC, 2xML, AC20, 3xSRM6/Artemis, 14DHS, enough ammo, 350 std engine, endosteel

Winning is fun!

#59 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...94a867dd327b7f5

Been having a lot of fun with this COM-3A. This little guy packs a wallop! The XL180 isn't the fastest engine that could have gone in, but I didn't want to sacrifice armour or firepower for a bigger one.

#60 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

I've been running this Trebuchet TBT-7M. It's fast, agile, and a great light hunter. The large lasers give you a bit of range for some harassing too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users