Patch Day - June 18Th!

352 replies to this topic

#341 Jam the Bam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:20 AM

I'm seeing hit detection issues for the first time, one of my shots just passed straight through an enemy Jagermech, he was running straight at me and it acted like he was a ghost. Then I'm sure the same thing happened in reverse, I felt the shot hit, and saw it coming at me but I took no damage.

#342 MeatForBrains

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostLoveLost85, on 19 June 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

"things in july" is a typo :( he ment jan 2015

Fixed.

#343 Havok1978

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 371 posts
  • LocationTexaz!!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

caution... cheese build paladin sighted in this thread... please dont nerf my boated ppc's and gauss in favor of balanced builds...

reply expected within 5mins of this posting...

Edited by Havok1978, 20 June 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#344 Major Derps

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostMokey Mot, on 18 June 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

All this is useless without a fix to the broken hit detection.

Whoops.

#345 BlackBeltJones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 18 June 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

I've got a lot of international flights to take...

When you make these types of comments in the face of legitimate concerns do not be surprised to find out that I, personally have given way more money to Star-Citizen than I currently ever plan on giving MWO.
Before your defense mechanisms kick in go see what they are doing to make their customers extremely happy.

#346 Nulnoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 831 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 18 June 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Design is tweaking weapon numbers, so read on and if you think this patch is small, all I can say is enjoy the calm before the storm because big things are aligning for July.

Many, many, things.

See you on the Battlefield

Matt Newman

Ok! July is near the end and where are those big things? You lied to us ;)

#347 Valdemaar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostDaumantas Galland, on 20 July 2013 - 08:26 AM, said:

Ok! July is near the end and where are those big things? You lied to us ;)

I'm... willing to give them a bit of credit here, even if it is hesitantly done. They did finally release the public test servers and we now have a more active role in testing features before they go into the main version. There is still a patch for the 30th in the works. I'm a bit optimistic here.

#348 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

View PostValdemaar, on 20 July 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

There is still a patch for the 30th in the works. I'm a bit optimistic here.

Reserve your optimism for the 30th patch. In april there were 3 patches for that month, but they scrapped the last one in april and made a bigger one for may, and said it will give them more time to work out bugs. Hopfeully in this case, if they scrap the last one this month, they'll add a pile more stuff, maybe get the test servers ready for U.i 2.0. and roll out a couple CW phases.

However, in a podcast last month, russ mentioned there will be a new map this month. Seeing as we haven't seen it yet, it could very well mean we get a 3rd patch. My hopes are not too high though - just because I don't like having them put down.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 20 July 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#349 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 20 July 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

Reserve your optimism for the 30th patch. In april there were 3 patches for that month, but they scrapped the last one in april and made a bigger one for may, and said it will give them more time to work out bugs. Hopfeully in this case, if they scrap the last one this month, they'll add a pile more stuff, maybe get the test servers ready for U.i 2.0. and roll out a couple CW phases.

However, in a podcast last month, russ mentioned there will be a new map this month. Seeing as we haven't seen it yet, it could very well mean we get a 3rd patch. My hopes are not too high though - just because I don't like having them put down.

http://youtu.be/dIEeIyDtgO4

#350 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 20 July 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

2 hours later after clicking that link i'm watching medical studies about people with tourettes. lol. Volcano map looks good. Next one up is Moonscape, and then after that is urban island i believe. I slate Moonscape for octoberish, and urban island for december/early jan.

#351 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

Well, guess I know ~why~ this old thread is coming up.

Lava world didn't look bad. I know there's been lava sounds in the game files since July (edit: 2012). Same with avalanche sounds. Taken a while to get to it though.

Edited by Koniving, 20 July 2013 - 11:06 AM.

#352 Nulnoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 831 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostValdemaar, on 20 July 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

..and we now have a more active role in testing features before they go into the main version.

And what need-to-test-before-release thing you are testing now? 12-12? Its working well atm but no test for other more controversial things such a..damn such a heat penalty system! Look into feadback thread - most of players disagree which this system in current state, but its already in release without any minutes of testing!

But anyway you can be proud of yourself - you are still testing very important game mode. How much bug reports you sended already?

#353 Dazc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostDaumantas Galland, on 20 July 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

And what need-to-test-before-release thing you are testing now? 12-12? Its working well atm but no test for other more controversial things such a..damn such a heat penalty system! Look into feadback thread - most of players disagree which this system in current state, but its already in release without any minutes of testing!

But anyway you can be proud of yourself - you are still testing very important game mode. How much bug reports you sended already?

Firstly its not in release its in beta, understand you are frustrated at the current state of the game but this has been repeated far too many times to mention.
Re bug reports, the current heat mode isnt a bug its an intentional game mechanic. Also I have submitted a few support issues myself and it helps everyone when you do that.
If something is broken then report it. Dont be a taker.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users