The next patch notes will be this video

that's where we're headed

#302 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

Its pretty scary there's only 5-6 patches until launch (I mean everyone with a brain knows by now that's not gonna happen, but what should be...). Imagine the last 3 months, and duplicate them? This game is not even a game at that point.

#303 Arken Chief

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

View PostThatguy 2 502, on 18 June 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

Am I the only person laughing his butt off right now? CC post, "We're going to nerf boating weapons." This patch, "Have a new 9 ML Hunchie for a champion mech!" ... Did I lose something in the translation or something?

yeah, I'm wondering the same

#304 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:13 AM

Thanks Devs. It just sucks that the most negative people of our community are also the loudest.

Though I do not, like 98% of the people complaining about missing features, know fully what it entails to add, code, or work in the engine on the level you and the rest of your Devs do, I do appreciate the time, effort, and content you can put out every patch. sometimes it is not all we wanted, but hell, if not for you, we would have nothing ATM. So here is a big thanks from those of us who appreciate your hard work, and enjoy every little bit you have put into this game.

#305 ove bababoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:52 AM

View PostZuesacoatl, on 19 June 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

hard work

They did nothing for whole this month.

#306 Wired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 822 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:56 AM

Ok, so while I agree that there isnt enough going on here I would like to point something out.

People have been RAGING on these forums that PGI doesnt listen to them.
They have been RAGING on these forums about the planned Heat fixed.

Maybe - now I cant confirm this without any real word from up top- something to consider is that PGI LISTENED to the outcry about their proposed boating fix and are rethinking it.

Now, that being said if they come out and say they just didnt put in in this patch, than they get whats coming to them.

#307 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

i still don't see a reason to drive anything other than an AS7-D-DC

if i could fit a tag in the chest i'd contemplate using lrm's but for now my classic ac/20 2LL 3 srm4+a's will have to do.

but seriously? the way to balance super alpha is not in the heat mechanic, they really need to add something like energy draw, where your reload speeds are reduced from standard depending on how many weapons of what size and type are recharging in relation to the size of your engine. If small engines mean slower mechs, why not less useable power for weapon charging? This is not tabletop where everybody gets a single turn each to dictate actions per round, the recharge mechanic would essentially be a way to control the pace of the game independently for all weight classes, hurting dps for overtaxed engines but never hurting alpha.

Edited by Battlecruiser, 19 June 2013 - 01:05 AM.

#308 Captain Davis McCall

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 29 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

View PostGalen Crayn, on 18 June 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

That is not worth to be called a patch... Really, the Large Pulse Laser was too mighty with its 300m? You had to fix it with 8.5 heat to be an alternative to the PPC? Now i have to uninstall al the LPL and install PPC`s... Whats wrong with you guys... The LPL was bad before and now even worse! I will make a 4 week break and play other games. Its too frustrating what happens here all the time...

Exactly...lpl was not good, but I still liked to use it...but now, the only thing left is the great sound :ph34r:

Only the QD is quite nice, but the rest of the patch.. :/

- We need working LPL (again)
- We need that new heat / booting system
- We need slight adjustments on wallhack module(dropping half the range should do it)
- We need our srms back

View PostDeathlike, on 18 June 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

What are you talking about? Nerfing LPL so EVERYONE is ENCOURAGED to take PPCs is a "feature".

That was your idea behind the nerf? PPC-warrior online 2.0? Yeah we need all mighty PPC :P
With no good brawling weapons left, the only thing to counter ppc is to mount more of them^^

The only good thing I see is that you have finally begun slowly to balance. And not to go from one extreme to the next...

Edited by Captain Davis McCall, 19 June 2013 - 01:58 AM.

#309 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:25 AM

View Postove bababoke, on 19 June 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

They did nothing for whole this month.

ANDDDD you know this how? Ohh wait, thats right, your amazing game design studio that you run, and atm are developing a AAA shooter/sim title with such a passionate community(and ignorant forum voices) that you know exactly what it takes to make MWO:Mercs, in fact, you made a game just like it yesterday?!?!?!?!

Come on people, I understand the internet is where you can be all you ever wanted to be and no one will ever know the truth, but to say they did nothing with such authority as if you know what it takes to make a game of this caliber? And it is not only you, but 99% of the ignorant tards posting in this thread that are SCREAMING they have been had, and that all it takes is a change in an XML file and viola? really, have you ever coded even a mod for WoW? one little change can break the whole damn thing.

Please, educate yourselves before you post your ignorance on these forums. If you can do PGIs job, they have a now hiring sign up, use it. If not, keep your ignorance to yourself.

#310 HarlekinEO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 267 posts
  • Location36th Dieron Regulars

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:30 AM

View PostPropagandaWar, on 18 June 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

Spiders registering damage properly?

The Spiders registering properly damage, but the Hitboxes are 2 cm right of the Mech (tested on an standing spider with tag laser).

Regarding LPL, I dont know. I never felt the Heat/DMG Ratio of it as Reason to use it. It was more the distance, or if I designed a Brawler. But correct me if Im wrong, but Heat/DMG of Pulse Weapons should be better then normal Lasers. Whats the Reason of making them same?

#311 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:01 AM

I cant believe how little work was in this patch (unless of course, you have a ton of undocumented changes. I can't figure out why we ALWAYS have undocumented changes in patch notes. This has been happening since closed beta.)

-Nobody cares about the quickdraw. It cant gauss, ppc or ac20 boat (at least not effectively). Its an energy/missle hybrid....and we already have the catapult for that role. Although the quickdraw is obviously superior because the cockpit isn't smack dab in the middle of the CT. Oh and it can mount a larger engine than the catapult. So yea pretty much no reason ever to use the catapult.

-Quickdraw is also going to fail hard because it is a 60 ton mech. Going 81 kph doesn't matter a damn because you are still easy to hit at 81 kph. It's the same reason why the dragon is unpopular...it's too lightly armed and armored for a heavy mech. It can't play with the cataphracts or jagermechs. When taking a dragon or quickdraw means that the other team possibly ends up with a dual gauss or dual ac20 boat, it is a serious disadvantage. Its like taking a cicada when taking a cicada means that the other team gets a HBK-4SP with much higher firepower.

-Absolutely nothing was done to address the current metagame of gauss, ppc and AC20 boating.

-Nothing was done to fix the dodgy hit detection (particularly for ballistics) that has been reported by people with sub 100 ms ping.

-Matchmaking is still broken, still not enforcing weight class restrictions and frequently pits teams with mutiple lights against a team with none.

-Sync dropping to pit 2 premades of 7-8 people against a team of randoms, not fixed.

-Nothing was done about alpine peaks, possibly the worst map in the game now (walk for 5 mins without seeing a single enemy mech, sure is exciting!). Even taking it out of the rotation would have been preferable.

Conclusion : patch with little substance, failed to address any of the top priority issues in the game currently.

#312 MWHawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:57 AM

View PostZuesacoatl, on 19 June 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

ANDDDD you know this how? Ohh wait, thats right, your amazing game design studio that you run, and atm are developing a AAA shooter/sim title with such a passionate community(and ignorant forum voices) that you know exactly what it takes to make MWO:Mercs, in fact, you made a game just like it yesterday?!?!?!?!

Come on people, I understand the internet is where you can be all you ever wanted to be and no one will ever know the truth, but to say they did nothing with such authority as if you know what it takes to make a game of this caliber? And it is not only you, but 99% of the ignorant tards posting in this thread that are SCREAMING they have been had, and that all it takes is a change in an XML file and viola? really, have you ever coded even a mod for WoW? one little change can break the whole damn thing.

Please, educate yourselves before you post your ignorance on these forums. If you can do PGIs job, they have a now hiring sign up, use it. If not, keep your ignorance to yourself.

Funny thing about calling people ignorant is how you expose yourself to the same. They call themselves professional game developers right (especially since they are starting to charge for content)? So, they SHOULD have the skills to develop the game right.

You don't see people who call themselves professional basketballers who keep dropping the ball nor footballers who can't dribble. They would be kicked out of the team in an instant.

#313 Von Falkenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

Nerf
The
Friggin

PPCs

#314 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

View PostVon Falkenstein, on 19 June 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

Nerf
The
Friggin

PPCs

Why?

Remember; please be specific. Provide sources and empirical evidence too.

Edited by Syllogy, 19 June 2013 - 07:32 AM.

#315 Von Falkenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

Stick your head out of cover and see what happens.

Thats why.

#316 Hugh Fairgrove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

View PostBattlecruiser, on 19 June 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

i still don't see a reason to drive anything other than an AS7-D-DC

if i could fit a tag in the chest i'd contemplate using lrm's but for now my classic ac/20 2LL 3 srm4+a's will have to do.

but seriously? the way to balance super alpha is not in the heat mechanic, they really need to add something like energy draw, where your reload speeds are reduced from standard depending on how many weapons of what size and type are recharging in relation to the size of your engine. If small engines mean slower mechs, why not less useable power for weapon charging? This is not tabletop where everybody gets a single turn each to dictate actions per round, the recharge mechanic would essentially be a way to control the pace of the game independently for all weight classes, hurting dps for overtaxed engines but never hurting alpha.

I kind of like this idea.

Edited by Hugh Fairgrove, 19 June 2013 - 07:37 AM.

#317 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

View PostZuesacoatl, on 19 June 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

Because I look at the patch notes and see nothing, and knowing PGI looking forward to a future date is bound to go bad, like it has for every single date given.

#318 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

View PostMWHawke, on 19 June 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

Funny thing about calling people ignorant is how you expose yourself to the same. They call themselves professional game developers right (especially since they are starting to charge for content)? So, they SHOULD have the skills to develop the game right.

You don't see people who call themselves professional basketballers who keep dropping the ball nor footballers who can't dribble. They would be kicked out of the team in an instant.

I was going to make a long post, but i figure there is enough animosity on these forums to fill a lance of Atlai. Please reread my post, what you say I do not address was addressed. Yes, i know they are a professional firm, and for once, they are acting like it. Instead of knee jerking a change into this patch, they held off. Something so many people on these forums have been screaming for them to do. "How did this bug get through, and how did that get through qc" etc etc. Yes, IMO I feel it is ignorant to claim they did nothing. Unless they have footage of the devs sitting and playing mario cart all day, how can you make that claim?

#319 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationMajestic Waterfowl Sanctuary

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

Maybe there was no change to SRMs because the devs think that over all, damage is too high and mech die to quickly. Maybe the SRM is at the correct damage value and the devs intend to lower all of the other weapon values to correspond. Maybe that's why LPLs were nerfed.

Maybe there was no change to SRMs because the devs think that over all, damage is too high and mech die to quickly. Maybe the SRM is at the correct damage value and the devs intend to lower all of the other weapon values to correspond. Maybe that's why LPLs were nerfed.

#320 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

View PostRashhaverak, on 19 June 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Their heat was nerfed, their damage was buffed. Overall they are worse weapons but with a terrible heat system like there is, they are more deadly, just significantly less efficient now.

At 2.5 and broken splash, the game was more playable, I'd love for mechs to die overall slower, but at everything at that power level, well, no one could kill anyone. I mean SRMs took a 40% nerf, are you saying that the game would be better with A/C-12s(20) and PPC (6)? It wouldn't be any different than at 2.5 except it would be easier to close the distance and use short range weapons, but when there, it would be easier to kill with the sniping weapons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users