9 replies to this topic

#1 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:08 PM

Are there any builds for the Rifleman that are good? Or is it an oversized Urbie when it comes to fighting capabilities?

#2 bayoucowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:23 PM

My 5D runs 2LPL and 5ML. Find you have to play it like a medium and don't tank (it is only 5T more than a Wolverine). LK has the 2 LB10X, 2MPL, 2ML XL280.

#3 hordes1ayer2

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:19 PM

I personally have not played one but i have see and quad ppc build that is great. In my opionon though the jagers are better but if you like the riflemen go quad ppc. or 2 ppc with lazors

#4 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:27 PM

View Posthordes1ayer2, on 04 June 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

I personally have not played one but i have see and quad ppc build that is great. In my opionon though the jagers are better but if you like the riflemen go quad ppc. or 2 ppc with lazors

Huh? Quad PPCs would be no more than a joke build.

OP: they're pretty much "ok." The energy one vomits lasers pretty well, the ballistic ones are alright, though generally 5-ton lighter JM6s when JM6s are already tight on tonnage. Same issues too: big STs, but need XLs. So...meh. They're not awful, but not great. GMan's writeup is good, he thinks they're great fun. I'm personally pretty ambivalent.

Edited by TercieI, 04 June 2016 - 03:00 PM.

#5 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:27 PM

They are average but fun mechs. I enjoy them more than my Dragons or Quickdraws.

The build choices are fairly obvious once you are in the mechlab.

#6 DrRedCoat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:56 PM

I'm probably one of the biggest fans of the Rifleman in MWO. I'm all about putting quad AC2s and 2 Medium Lasers on the -3C. Yes, you can put the same loadout on the Jagermech but I dunno. The Rifleman is faster and feels more mobile. Personally, I think it does it better and I've had more success with it in the Rifleman.

#7 Fangschreck

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMünster, Germany

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:48 AM

Yeah. 3c is hilarious. i just managed to install fire control on saturday and macroed my ac-2 up. one shjot every 153 milliseconds after fast firing is unlocked.
It is just a hell of a lot fun. Sometimes even kodiaks get afraid and back of ( although they would obviously win the trade)

With the quirks on it your ac reach out to ca 950 m.

Btw, does anyone now how the damage reduction after your optimal range works? is it incremental or do you just do damge in full points? And if yes, does it get rounded mathematically, always up or always down?
Pretty important for finding nice trading spots.

#8 DrRedCoat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:03 AM

View PostFangschreck, on 06 June 2016 - 06:48 AM, said:

With the quirks on it your ac reach out to ca 950 m.

Btw, does anyone now how the damage reduction after your optimal range works? is it incremental or do you just do damge in full points? And if yes, does it get rounded mathematically, always up or always down?
Pretty important for finding nice trading spots.

Yup! Nothing is more fun than hammering a Daishi a kilometer out on Alpine Peaks and all they can do is twist while crawling for cover.

ACs do full damage at optimal range and no damage at twice the optimal range. It drops off linearly and I don't think it rounds to full points.

#9 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:35 AM

They're very effective with their current quirks. If anything they're smaller, more agile Jagermechs, or larger Blackjacks. The Legend-Killer is stupid good with dual LB-10X, likewise the 3N with AC5s.

#10 Nazlfrag

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:31 PM

If you want to use PPCs I'd suggest something like 2xPPC 6xMLas XL255

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users