Sarah's Mech Loadout Is Now Viewable On Smurfy.

74 replies to this topic

#61 Clit Beastwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

I kinda like the paintjob lol - and i was recently thinking about trying a jr7-d with 2xsrm4's on it ;)

#62 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

easiest $10 I've dropped here.

#63 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

#64 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

Damnit it still makes me cry.

#65 Renaissance

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNew Jerusalem, Tharkad

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

Fights cancer through supporting research.

I think this needs some addressing from a balance perspective. It's fairly clear that the hitbox for some cancers are extremely small and I don't think Sarah's Mech can reliably deal enough damage to make gameplay fun. Cancer is extremely overpowered and it's clear that PGI can't remove this disease entirely, but I have to give them props for relentlessly putting labor hours into addressing this devastating bug that takes away the quality of life from people regardless of whether or not they're in-game.

I'd recommend that we do not try to reproduce the cancer bug, as it is extremely counter-intuitive despite the purpose of Sarah's Mech.

I've found the following methods to be helpful in not reproducing cancer:

- Stop smoking. While many of my fellow mechwarriors continue this extremely unhealthy habit, I would rather deal with a multitude of other bugs in-game than knowing a fellow mechwarrior (even from House Liao) is putting undue hardship on his body and family as a result. If you've tried quitting before and couldn't, there are new methods and treatments out there -- even alternatives such as electronic cigarettes are much healthier (and cheaper). There are new options all the time, don't give up if you've tried to quit. Just keep trying.

- Eat a healthy diet full of leafy greens. And not canned greens either. I'm talking those big balls of vegetation chilling in the produce section. Consume these often.

- Exercise. Like many of you, I also spend an unusual amount of time in a chair manning a computer system while trying to bring death and destruction to my enemies. But get out of the cockpit once a day, go for a brisk walk outside where the burning ball of fire is in the sky. Bring healthy bottled water (no sugar) with you as a heat sink. If it's particularly hot out, bring two bottles of water as a double heat sink.

- Self-Examination. Depending on your gender, please check your appropriate body parts after a shower at least once a month when your skin is loose and tender. If anything is unusually tender or abnormal, please have it checked out immediately. If you have a spouse or signifigant other, ask them to check if you are unsure if something feels unusual.

- Men of approximate 40 years of age or older, please see a proctologist once a year as a favor to yourself and your loved ones. A few minutes of discomfort is worth the price of financial and emotional heartbreak if you have undetected prostate cancer. This is especially important for men who have a family history of prostate cancer.

- Women, please have a mammogram once a year. It may seem like a hassle, and I know it can be extremely discomforting, but give yourself some peace of mind knowing you're healthy.

- If you have moles or other blemishes, please see a dermatologist if they have any unusual growth or discoloration.

- Stay out of the sun for extremely long periods of time. The heat and radiation in your mech is healthy radiation (the radiation is, I can't say the same for critical heat levels), and has a lot of protection in place to shield you from damaging radiation. The sun, however... has damaging UV radiation. Please wear sunscreen and a big floppy hat if you're outside for long periods of time.

I think if people follow these anti-reproduction steps, it will help solve problems before they even happen. Sarah's Mech is one small fraction of the battle. Like anything else... it's always the user that is the most important thing. Please take care of yourselves, because PGI alone can't fix the cancer bug.

#66 Salticidae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

View PostZerberus, on 18 June 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

I agree 100% with zraven and can`t wait for the begining of the month to grab some MC for this mech. FTR, I hate jenners, and do not own one, or even want one other than this one, nor do I plan to change the default loadout, as I assume that the Devs simply parsed the db themselves ana copied it 1:1.

Which is exactly what a tribute mech should be IMO, not some umltramodified piece of gear that will have the P2W qqers up in arms... she doesn`t deserve for her memory to be tarnished by trolls, so best to not even give them a chance. B)

Can`t wait to "Get `em Good!" :)

U can not buy this mech with MC or C-bills. you have to donate direct to the charity through the web page and the mech will be added to your account through a patch, u will not receive it straight away.

#67 Dnarvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island, B.C.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

That is very close to the same load-out I always use in my LR7-D(F), except I got rid of the BAP for JJ and more armor. It is a VERY effective load-out. Glad to see it come with everything needed to make it shine.

#68 EpyonNext

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

View PostRenaissance, on 23 July 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

I think this needs some addressing from a balance perspective. It's fairly clear that the hitbox for some cancers are extremely small and I don't think Sarah's Mech can reliably deal enough damage to make gameplay fun. Cancer is extremely overpowered and it's clear that PGI can't remove this disease entirely, but I have to give them props for relentlessly putting labor hours into addressing this devastating bug that takes away the quality of life from people regardless of whether or not they're in-game.

I'd recommend that we do not try to reproduce the cancer bug, as it is extremely counter-intuitive despite the purpose of Sarah's Mech.

I've found the following methods to be helpful in not reproducing cancer:

- Stop smoking. While many of my fellow mechwarriors continue this extremely unhealthy habit, I would rather deal with a multitude of other bugs in-game than knowing a fellow mechwarrior (even from House Liao) is putting undue hardship on his body and family as a result. If you've tried quitting before and couldn't, there are new methods and treatments out there -- even alternatives such as electronic cigarettes are much healthier (and cheaper). There are new options all the time, don't give up if you've tried to quit. Just keep trying.

- Eat a healthy diet full of leafy greens. And not canned greens either. I'm talking those big balls of vegetation chilling in the produce section. Consume these often.

- Exercise. Like many of you, I also spend an unusual amount of time in a chair manning a computer system while trying to bring death and destruction to my enemies. But get out of the cockpit once a day, go for a brisk walk outside where the burning ball of fire is in the sky. Bring healthy bottled water (no sugar) with you as a heat sink. If it's particularly hot out, bring two bottles of water as a double heat sink.

- Self-Examination. Depending on your gender, please check your appropriate body parts after a shower at least once a month when your skin is loose and tender. If anything is unusually tender or abnormal, please have it checked out immediately. If you have a spouse or signifigant other, ask them to check if you are unsure if something feels unusual.

- Men of approximate 40 years of age or older, please see a proctologist once a year as a favor to yourself and your loved ones. A few minutes of discomfort is worth the price of financial and emotional heartbreak if you have undetected prostate cancer. This is especially important for men who have a family history of prostate cancer.

- Women, please have a mammogram once a year. It may seem like a hassle, and I know it can be extremely discomforting, but give yourself some peace of mind knowing you're healthy.

- If you have moles or other blemishes, please see a dermatologist if they have any unusual growth or discoloration.

- Stay out of the sun for extremely long periods of time. The heat and radiation in your mech is healthy radiation (the radiation is, I can't say the same for critical heat levels), and has a lot of protection in place to shield you from damaging radiation. The sun, however... has damaging UV radiation. Please wear sunscreen and a big floppy hat if you're outside for long periods of time.

I think if people follow these anti-reproduction steps, it will help solve problems before they even happen. Sarah's Mech is one small fraction of the battle. Like anything else... it's always the user that is the most important thing. Please take care of yourselves, because PGI alone can't fix the cancer bug.

This is the single best post that is or ever will be on this forum.

#69 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts
  • LocationIn my Spider 5D, killing all your Dire Wolves.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

View PostFupDup, on 23 July 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

She's beautiful. So glad I bought one.

#70 Sergent Slappy

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

They got delivered today - I've had mine out for a few spins already and it's a great ride. I was skeptical about the lack of JJs but you cook so fast I don't even miss 'em. And while I didn't much care for streaks before, I now see why she liked them so much.

Get 'em good? Got 'em good.

#71 Cybersniper Vickers

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:55 AM

Anybody griping about the load out has missed the point.
I'd buy the mech even if it had no armor, a single tag laser, and a STD 100.
I do have a problem though. I'm not sure I can bring myself to fire at that mech. :-(

#72 fleshwoundNPG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGreencastle, Indiana USA

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:04 AM

View PostRenaissance, on 23 July 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

- Stay out of the sun for extremely long periods of time.

3rd shift job...

Posted Image

#73 PaintedWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e13e4a58017d13c

x2 Streak SRMs
Max XL Engine Size
Beagle Probe
x4 Medium Lasers

Archer variant.

x2 Medium Lasers

x2 Medium Pulse Lasers

x1 LRM 10

+Beagle Probe

Can stay a distance and help with long-range/indirect fire, or close in for kill/scouting.

#74 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts
  • LocationIn my Spider 5D, killing all your Dire Wolves.

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostPaintedWolf, on 01 August 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

x2 Streak SRMs
Max XL Engine Size
Beagle Probe
x4 Medium Lasers

Archer variant.

x2 Medium Lasers

x2 Medium Pulse Lasers

x1 LRM 10

+Beagle Probe

Can stay a distance and help with long-range/indirect fire, or close in for kill/scouting.

Broken link on the second one, just goes to the standard Sarah build. Very curious to see how you made that work.

#75 VikingN1nja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 607 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

I like the paint job, is for good cause throw some srm 4's on and 2 jj's. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users