Hsr/getting Hit Detection Issues With Ballistics

2 replies to this topic

#1 Tolkien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:15 PM

I've been grinding my founders hunchback up and have switched from a pair of AC's in the hump to a single gauss rifle and have noticed big hit detection problems. Not the normal "I can't aim" problems, I am the source of those, but these are the more interesting visually hitting the mech with the projectile and a shower of sparks then no damage registering :/

Earlier tonight there were 2-3 times in a single match on alpine where I shot a mech under a kilometer away, hit them, saw a shower of sparks but the reticle did not glow and no damage was apparently registered. They were moving in the middle of an open field not hiding near a building so I know it wasn't environmental effects of sparks flying.

Yesterday I was on canyons in a spider and while jumpjetting I clipped into some terrain and took a bit of damage to my leg but launched up in the air.

These might not seem connected but to me they suggest that host state rewind is doing linear interpolation of motion based on a single point (most recent speed on server side?) which would explain how the clipping/bouncing motion would launch a mech up and how we are still having hit detection issues.

I could be way off, but the theory matches the symptoms.

Edited by Tolkien, 18 June 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#2 Nauht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

View PostKarl Berg, on 18 June 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

Sorry everyone! There was a huge miscommunication, and the network fixes intended to go into this production this patch ended up not getting integrated. We are looking into emergency integrations and a hot fix right now

http://mwomercs.com/...-and-unchanged/

#3 Tolkien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

Glad to know I am not crazy and thanks for the heads up!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users