Quad Ac 2 Macro Spam Is Broken

63 replies to this topic

#61 Mackman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:08 AM

The problem isn't with the macro: The problem is with the poor implementation of chain-fire.

You're a futuristic mech-warrior piloting a multi-ton, multi-story bipedal tank, you don't think the pilot has better things to do than worry about firing his guns sequentially? You don't think the massive tank has the ability to set up a freaking metronome to determine when the guns should fire?

Does it take a little more "skill" to manually fire them that way (and remember, you still achieve the exact same DPS by simply firing all of them at once)? Sure. But is that the kind of skill that MWO should require? No. That's the kind of thing that should already be supported by MWO's UI.

#62 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostLostdragon, on 20 June 2013 - 07:16 AM, said:

Uh, you don't need a macro to rebind your firing buttons so they are not on the mouse. I don't see how that is relevant at all.

1 button to continually fire them all and same to stop them.

Edit: What I mean is, how much easier would it be to spot your enemy in the distance, tap one button to start your guns firing (Quad AC/2s, Quad AC/5s) and all you have to do is keep your mouse hand steady over their torso. And when they are about to get into cover, you tap that same button to stop the guns firing. Purely automated button pressing. All you have to do is maneuver with whatever you use to maneuver with and keep your cross hairs over the target. You would sit there and tell me that that isn't convenient and wouldn't make combat easier? Or would you rather press the buttons yourself? Isn't this why macros are written in every game that allows them? To make something automated and optimized?

Edited by Ngamok, 20 June 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#63 ColonelMetus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 430 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

awaken lake troll

#64 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

View PostColonelMetus, on 18 June 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

jager mech using mouse macro spam to fire AC 2 faster then they are ment to fire is OP, it can kill an atlas fromm full hp before the atlas can even turn its torso, how is that fun or even fair?

also jager with 2 ac 20's is rediculous as well

The AC/2 fires twice per second (once every 0.5 seconds).
4 AC/2s therefore fire 8 times per second (twice each). That's 16 damage per second focused in one spot.

Macro AC/2s fire 1 AC/2 at a time until it cycles through all of them, and then recycles again. Usually it fires 7 to 8 shots per second with the occasional 'lock-up' in the macro that causes it to stop firing altogether. That's 14 to 16 damage per second in scattered spots.

This burst-firing from a Dragon 5N is before I discovered how to use macros -- I discovered later that putting them into a 3 key macro actually slows down my AC/2 firing even with the macro adjusted and reduced to waits of 35 milliseconds.

(Macro 4 AC/2 Jager)

(Macro 2 AC/2 2 AC/5 Jager)

I agree though, the AC/40 Jager is ridiculous.

PGI has something in the works: Weapon Variants. I'm sure in ATD: 40, people may have noticed the "purple large lasers" question. It's related to the weapon variants which in two or more previous ATDs were confirmed as coming.

For example:
There's multiple versions of the AC/20, one is the Super Crusher Heavy Cannon (AC/20) shoots 2-damage rounds at a 10-shot burst lasting no more than 2 seconds tops. Another called the Chemjet Gun pumps out 3 to 5 rounds at a slower pace totalling 20 damage.

I'm hoping should we receive these weapon variants, the single shot ACs will disappear in many cases in favor of the multi-shot variants.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users