Heavy Vs. The World Leaderboard Challenge!

128 replies to this topic

#81 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:41 AM

View PostUBCslayer, on 24 June 2013 - 01:26 AM, said:

Highlanders.. Stalkers... either or. The common theme is the primary weapon used: PPCs. If you weren't packing them, you simply weren't competitive. I suspect some PPC nerfs are on the way, probably a return to the original heat values before HSR was instituted.

Hopefully. When you see PPCs on ALL mechs from Spider to Atlas its just sad.

#82 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:48 AM

View PostFisslag, on 24 June 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:

well, tried it with ppc, but u can't get more than 2 ppcs on your atlas(d) and yeah especially stalkers with 5-6 ppcs, ridicioulus in my opinion^^ (even worse than missile boats, u can at least get cover^^) and hgn with jjs are at the same lvl^^

You can build my 732 build on an Atlas RS in terms of weapons. Atlas is an underdog compapred to Highlander because of lack of JJs and compared to Stalker because of high placement of 'arm' mounted weapons on STK. However, its much easier to kill a Highlander then it is to kill an Atlas, XL-engine and the fact that your major weapons (all weapons in many cases) are all on the right side. St.engine Atlases and Stalkers tend to live much longer.

#83 Rippthrough

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:01 AM

Congratulations guys, I was hoping to hold that 2nd place and keep sneaking up on first, but my ISP decided otherwise and that 8 hours of maintainance was a nice idea.....bah. I think Kaff would have been hard to catch though, nice work :P

Edited by Rippthrough, 24 June 2013 - 03:07 AM.

#84 Rippthrough

• Mercenary
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:05 AM

Actually most of my games were in a Stalker, but it's easier to put out more damage with the Highlander, it's more consistant, so I switched to that after grinding a bit to get the basics pilot skills finished (I didn't play for a while after it came out, so I haven't got it elited yet)

Edited by Rippthrough, 24 June 2013 - 03:08 AM.

#85 Fisslag

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 24 June 2013 - 01:48 AM, said:

You can build my 732 build on an Atlas RS in terms of weapons. Atlas is an underdog compapred to Highlander because of lack of JJs and compared to Stalker because of high placement of 'arm' mounted weapons on STK. However, its much easier to kill a Highlander then it is to kill an Atlas, XL-engine and the fact that your major weapons (all weapons in many cases) are all on the right side. St.engine Atlases and Stalkers tend to live much longer.

yup, the arm placement and the size of an Atlas makes it inferior, you gotta get an higher position (you nearly have to stand on the top of the hill to shoot with your arm weapons and before that ur upper body is visible for 2-3 seconds prior) thus making yourself even more vulnerable and you are a much easier target

#86 FrDrake

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,086 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:32 AM

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#87 Finn McShae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 475 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

Well, I got 112th for CTF's. I consider that pretty good since this weekend I was focused on eliting the 1x, Illya, and 2x. I even had to run my 2x for a while with no DHS, and that sucked. Wonder how I would have done if I just ran Jagers like seemingly 90% of the teams I dropped with.

#88 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

Made it to 3rd Place in mediums, but got bumped down to like seventh. Worked my way back up to 4th but damn, last hour got bumped out from 4th place to 6th place - I was going to use that MC to buy half of a color!!

#89 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

Sorry man, I'll give you half my MC prize Doc cuz I only need 150 of it for my final purchase before CW/Clans ^^

#90 FrDrake

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,086 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

View PostDocBach, on 24 June 2013 - 08:31 AM, said:

Made it to 3rd Place in mediums, but got bumped down to like seventh. Worked my way back up to 4th but damn, last hour got bumped out from 4th place to 6th place - I was going to use that MC to buy half of a color!!

Yea more than once I chuckled about how many hours people were playing for $8 of MC. I think for many more (myself included) it was more about the spirit of competition than the miniscule prizes.

#91 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

View PostFrDrake, on 24 June 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

Yea more than once I chuckled about how many hours people were playing for $8 of MC. I think for many more (myself included) it was more about the spirit of competition than the miniscule prizes.

Its not about $8 its about bragging rights :)

#92 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

I had lots of reasons for doing a 2nd tourny, here are some:
  • Idealistic pursuit of self perfection [internal ego, not external]
  • I need 150 MC to make my last purchase
  • I just had to help DV8 with representin on the boards (7 of us placed 8th or higher)
  • Prove to myself, others, and unit mates that my first tourny of 6th place wasn't a fluke; establish precedent
  • It is fun and exciting - it adds something lese to a game begging for more content/events (dont it twisted, also experienced the lowest of the lows simultaneously, that's part of the excitement)
  • Prove to myself and others that the JJ nerf wasn't that bad and didn't ruin poptarts, or at least 3Ds
  • Oh and of course, just a lil bit of external ego/epeen, or maybe a lot, you be judge

Edited by Soy, 24 June 2013 - 09:03 AM.

#93 Odnir

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

I ended up 2nd in Dragons, and this was my first time really trying out a tourney. Does anyone know when they hand out the MC?

#94 Bata

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationPlovdiv

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:32 AM

In a few days I think.

#95 Odnir

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostBata, on 24 June 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

In a few days I think.

Thanks. Congrats on your 1st place in Dragons.

#96 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

I don't know if i fall into a blind-fold rush to death, or everyone is suddendly playing way better when there is a tournament...
I get realy frustrated playing pug games in these tournaments and I can't seem to figure out how to overcome my weakness.
So i just stopped playing for the weekend (even 4mans were no fun).

(this is whining, if you have any tips, your welcome)

#97 kaffeangst

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

I ended up playing about 75-80 matches in the Highlander for the Assault leaderboard to achieve a score of 2094. Decided that after a Saturday spent watching the 24 Hours of Le Mans and competing, I deserved a break, so I didn't play on Sunday. For some reason I missed MWO, so I logged back in with a few hours to go, played four matches and increased score to 2106. Figured that was plenty. Logged off.

Sadly, I wasn't fully prepared to compete in the Medium Leaderboard as well. Used my Centurions with a couple Medium Lasers and SRM 4's - damage was fine, but the finishing firepower was lacking. In the current state of the game, true SRM brawling Medium mechs are more of an annoyance than a real threat. Plenty of support and assists, not a lot of kills. Held both the #1 Medium and #1 Assault positions after the first day of play; I guess that'll have to do, for now... I wasn't about to buy a Hunchback 4P or Blackjack 1X in order to compete. Maybe next time.

#98 damoonrulz

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

Working 13+ hr days really impedes one's ability to get momentum in this. Ended up 24th in Dragons in my Fang.

Odnir, and Bata: mind sharing your builds?

#99 Wildhound

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

Managed to get 25th in the Assault category in a D-DC without a single PPC, playing Sunday only. I'm pretty pleased with that since I consider myself an awful player. :)

Reckon I could have gotten top 15 if I had played Saturday too. Surprised.

#100 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

These are always neat. Although deciding to avoid group play every tournament weekend makes me a little sad.

43 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 43 guests, 0 anonymous users