Mm Completely Broke

28 replies to this topic

#21 tuokaerf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

How often does this happen? I have had about 3 matches like that in months out of hundreds, so broken it's not. In need of tuning? Always.

#22 Bigboij

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 11 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

run a lance with sizes other than assault and you will see how broken it is

#23 tuokaerf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

All I've been driving for a few weeks now are Centurions and Spiders...Off and on there are some unbalanced matches by 50-100 tons, but the example given is rare.

#24 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

MM is afu no question about it. I dont mind losing in a close nail biter but being steamrolled by a mismatched team gets old.

#25 Striker Lead

Dezgra

• 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

I'm going to have to agree that this system ifs very broken and is leading to only heavy and assault class mechs being viable is any real since. The lights still have a place in conquest but if the see any other players only the best pilots stand much chance. It's a problem. ELO doesn't work in this game. nore does class being the factor. if PGI is so set on ELO they need to ads some sort of true weight metric to the system since we all know atlas=/=awesome

#26 Meridian

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

View PostTolkien, on 21 June 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

The game is trying to match the elo of the individual pilots along with the tonnage (or class) of their mechs. The longer you have to wait to find opponents the more the matchmaker will widen the search parameters, so when the population is low you will get weirder and weirder matchups like that one.

What is that, a 300+ ton disparity?

That might be related to this: http://www.xfire.com/games/mwo

Back in December that averaged around 120-140, now it is down to 46. There are stagnation problems in this game and the active player base seems to be on the decline in the short and medium term.

Can you explain what I'm looking at there? Is that the number of players on the entire server cluster at any given time? The number of players with the number of hours per server?

#27 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

View PostKoujo, on 21 June 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

Someone explain this to me. How can this possibly happen? There's no way this can be explained with ELO.Posted Image

I think MWO hates you.

#28 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

Posted Image
imag

Another nice gem

Edited by ManDaisy, 30 June 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#29 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

View PostKoujo, on 21 June 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

Someone explain this to me. How can this possibly happen? There's no way this can be explained with ELO.Posted Image

Two things here.. One, is this a regular match or an 8-man drop match? If the former that is a peculiar oddity and if the latter your complaints are invalid.

Two... Judging by the scores if they had been in anything less your win would have been guaranteed. I think ELO favored the concept of you winning.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users